Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Y'all Need to Come and Help Me Quick!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Y'all Need to Come and Help Me Quick!
    Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:37pm
yeah that might work.  i used the Arrid extra dry yesterday when i re-did my application.  just to make a long story short, my nape is lifting right now.  on my way home i am gonna stop and find some liquid bandage.

you know what, i am not gonna do that.  i am getting my sew-in this weekend.  the nape can crawl up to the sky as far as I am concerned right now.
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:16pm
You might want to try the CertainDri deodorant or liquid bandage around the hairline.  Sexi has written before that the deo works.   I've only tried the liquid bandage & now I get 7-9 day holds out of tape & adhesive layer.  I used to only get 2 day holds, regardless of what I tried.  The liquid bandage cleans up well with alcohol.  I put it over the scalp protector.

It gives a nice, smooth, tight (but flexible) surface for the tapes & adhesives.
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by FLMDiva FLMDiva wrote:

no i have not tried Davlyn missmodesty.  it looks like secure to me.

i think they are alike as well as the Mr. C's all three of them..

shoot, if that is the case I don't need to try it.  i've used Secure and Mr. C's and it didn't do anything for me.

any other suggestions?
sweetnznj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnznj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:45pm
How...do you PM someone??HELP
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:45pm
You can also try Proflex with ORWG...works great for me. just use very little glue...use your finget to apply it and make sure its tacky before appl..about 3-5 mins.
sweetnznj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetnznj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:44pm

OT: i can be soooo slow...i knew this wonderful woman kept lookin me out here at this site...and i saw her name alll ova the BHM site while i was lurking and scared...i came here and i guess she had too...and she has been extremely WONDERFULLYFABTABULOUSLY AMAZING!!!!sexibeach...thank youClapscore010i ain't evn bought my wig yet!!

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:45pm

i think they are alike as well as the Mr. C's all three of them..
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:35pm
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:28pm
did you try Davlyn?
i have oily skin too and it hold very well with supertape.

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:24pm
FLMDiva I feel your pain. I don't know what causes the changes in my body chemisty. It could be my diet or where I am in my monthly hormonal cycle or something. I use NT, PF no shine in front and ST in nape and apply it the exact same way every time. Sometimes it seems like the skin at the top of my forehead gets extra oily as if it's producing WAY more oil just to get the adhesive off of my skin and other times it's normal. My holds usually last for 5-7 days and sometimes they will last for more than 2 weeks and I have no idea why because I didn't do anything different.

I would try what Meechie said about going back to some of your old adhesives that didn't work in the past because our body chemistry changes and they may work for you now.
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by meechie2cute meechie2cute wrote:

Girl...I think we all go through this at one point or another. I would try glue that nver used to work and watch how good it will work now. This happned to me with spritit gum and Dalvyn and now I am hooked like a fish!

i understand what you are saying now.  i am gonna take it back to the beginning and try the mity tite like Sexi suggested.  I am hunting for the cheapest price right now.  i think that i am gonna start out with the 2oz little bottle first to see what it does for me.
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Countessrim Countessrim wrote:

Maybe the chemical balance is being thrown off because you're mixing white glue with the EB, could that be why it's not sticking? Maybe you should try the EB over a thinner adhesive like a spirit gum or a tape like secure or proflex? It could help!

when i first started back using EB, i used it with supertape and blue liner tape.  the same thing happened and the tape totally lifted off of my skin.  i don't know what could've been the problem.
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:46pm
Girl...I think we all go through this at one point or another. I would try glue that nver used to work and watch how good it will work now. This happned to me with spritit gum and Dalvyn and now I am hooked like a fish!
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:40pm
Maybe the chemical balance is being thrown off because you're mixing white glue with the EB, could that be why it's not sticking? Maybe you should try the EB over a thinner adhesive like a spirit gum or a tape like secure or proflex? It could help!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:34pm

i hear you Philigrl.  i don't think that i put too much on, cuz i only dipped the tip of an orange stick in the EB and then spreaded it over an inch area.  whatever! i am gonna try and get some mity tite like Sexi suggested and go from there.

i need to order me some while i'm playing.. LOL
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:27pm
i hear you Philigrl.  i don't think that i put too much on, cuz i only dipped the tip of an orange stick in the EB and then spreaded it over an inch area.  whatever! i am gonna try and get some mity tite like Sexi suggested and go from there.
Philigrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philigrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:41pm
Hi FLMDiva,

I am in the same boat with these adhesives. My endurabond did not last me longer than a week. I can tell you from the pic it looks like maybe you put on too much. Lately, I've been using proflex and davlyn which is still so so. About a 5 day hold on edges with davlyn. I've stopped stressing so much. It is what it is.
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:36pm
ok thanks again.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:31pm

thanks Sexi.  i really tried with those gals, especially the ones that i did the remover on.  i am not going to do anything else to them but condition the heck out of them.

i am off to find the mity tite. one more adhesive to add to the list.  i was thinking about ordering the kryolan extra strength medical adhesive.  what do you think about that one Sexi?

i heard it wasn't all that, i think puppyluv tried it..
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:24pm

thanks Sexi.  i really tried with those gals, especially the ones that i did the remover on.  i am not going to do anything else to them but condition the heck out of them.

i am off to find the mity tite. one more adhesive to add to the list.  i was thinking about ordering the kryolan extra strength medical adhesive.  what do you think about that one Sexi?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic