Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Y'all Need to Come and Help Me Quick!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Y'all Need to Come and Help Me Quick!
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 2:58pm
I am so frustrated right now and i need y'all to help me.  Here is the entire lowdown with ya' girl (sorry if this get to be long):

1) my adhesives are not working anymore! 
I have done everything I can think of to stop this from happening-changed my diet, drank more water, changed sleeping patterns, the ways that I tie down my hair,etc.  nothing seems to make the adhesives stay on me for more than 2-3 days. you can see in my fotki how EB is not staying with me(last 2 pictures). i don't know what to do or to try next.

i have purchased the following adhesives over the past year:
HDWA             ORWG                      Invisibond          X20
Hollister          Vapon No Tape        Endurabond       Ultrahold
Supertape       Red Liner Tape        Blue Liner Tape  Mr. C
Joseph Paris   Secure

2) my units are boring me! 
I love my babies, but I want something more.  I have included pictures of them in my fotki for y'all to see: http://public.fotki.com/MDFLDiva/my-units/  pw:bored

3) why aren't there any larger units out there (shout-out to the big headed gals) that are reasonably priced like those smaller units (22.5circ)?  don't get me wrong i love Zara, LadyDi and AAMH, but those prices are killing my budget.  and by time a Diva puts a larger unit out on that other website to sell, it is gone in a matter of seconds or its not my payday week. 

Y'all really need to help me with that adhesive problem.  i love my wigs and how they look on me, but SUMMER IS COMING! i have resorted to pulling out my 18inches of indianhairs.org IR and my Joyastyle closure trying to get a sew in for the summer. 

PLEASE HELP!

*running to window, contemplating to jump*

Edited by FLMDiva - March 16 2008 at 3:07pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:03pm
have you considered mitty tight, its not quite a toxic as the UH.. but i use it at times are the mr. C's too.. i always got my supertape..
Samria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:04pm
FLMDiva tried to see pic's, need pw..
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:06pm
i am so sorry about the password.  it is bored.
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

have you considered mitty tight, its not quite a toxic as the UH.. but i use it at times are the mr. C's too.. i always got my supertape..

hello there.

no i have not considered mitty tight. i kinda thought that it wouldn't work for me.  all of the tapes didn't work for me due to my oily skin and the way i perspire.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:14pm
you should give it a try, its got only one of the chemicals of UH but i think the hold is strong.. and they hur is pretty i checked it out!
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:24pm

thanks Sexi.  i really tried with those gals, especially the ones that i did the remover on.  i am not going to do anything else to them but condition the heck out of them.

i am off to find the mity tite. one more adhesive to add to the list.  i was thinking about ordering the kryolan extra strength medical adhesive.  what do you think about that one Sexi?

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by FLMDiva FLMDiva wrote:

thanks Sexi.  i really tried with those gals, especially the ones that i did the remover on.  i am not going to do anything else to them but condition the heck out of them.

i am off to find the mity tite. one more adhesive to add to the list.  i was thinking about ordering the kryolan extra strength medical adhesive.  what do you think about that one Sexi?

i heard it wasn't all that, i think puppyluv tried it..
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:36pm
ok thanks again.
Philigrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philigrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:41pm
Hi FLMDiva,

I am in the same boat with these adhesives. My endurabond did not last me longer than a week. I can tell you from the pic it looks like maybe you put on too much. Lately, I've been using proflex and davlyn which is still so so. About a 5 day hold on edges with davlyn. I've stopped stressing so much. It is what it is.
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:27pm
i hear you Philigrl.  i don't think that i put too much on, cuz i only dipped the tip of an orange stick in the EB and then spreaded it over an inch area.  whatever! i am gonna try and get some mity tite like Sexi suggested and go from there.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:34pm

i hear you Philigrl.  i don't think that i put too much on, cuz i only dipped the tip of an orange stick in the EB and then spreaded it over an inch area.  whatever! i am gonna try and get some mity tite like Sexi suggested and go from there.

i need to order me some while i'm playing.. LOL
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:40pm
Maybe the chemical balance is being thrown off because you're mixing white glue with the EB, could that be why it's not sticking? Maybe you should try the EB over a thinner adhesive like a spirit gum or a tape like secure or proflex? It could help!
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:46pm
Girl...I think we all go through this at one point or another. I would try glue that nver used to work and watch how good it will work now. This happned to me with spritit gum and Dalvyn and now I am hooked like a fish!
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Countessrim Countessrim wrote:

Maybe the chemical balance is being thrown off because you're mixing white glue with the EB, could that be why it's not sticking? Maybe you should try the EB over a thinner adhesive like a spirit gum or a tape like secure or proflex? It could help!

when i first started back using EB, i used it with supertape and blue liner tape.  the same thing happened and the tape totally lifted off of my skin.  i don't know what could've been the problem.
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by meechie2cute meechie2cute wrote:

Girl...I think we all go through this at one point or another. I would try glue that nver used to work and watch how good it will work now. This happned to me with spritit gum and Dalvyn and now I am hooked like a fish!

i understand what you are saying now.  i am gonna take it back to the beginning and try the mity tite like Sexi suggested.  I am hunting for the cheapest price right now.  i think that i am gonna start out with the 2oz little bottle first to see what it does for me.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:24pm
FLMDiva I feel your pain. I don't know what causes the changes in my body chemisty. It could be my diet or where I am in my monthly hormonal cycle or something. I use NT, PF no shine in front and ST in nape and apply it the exact same way every time. Sometimes it seems like the skin at the top of my forehead gets extra oily as if it's producing WAY more oil just to get the adhesive off of my skin and other times it's normal. My holds usually last for 5-7 days and sometimes they will last for more than 2 weeks and I have no idea why because I didn't do anything different.

I would try what Meechie said about going back to some of your old adhesives that didn't work in the past because our body chemistry changes and they may work for you now.
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:28pm
did you try Davlyn?
i have oily skin too and it hold very well with supertape.

FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:35pm
no i have not tried Davlyn missmodesty.  it looks like secure to me.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:45pm

no i have not tried Davlyn missmodesty.  it looks like secure to me.

i think they are alike as well as the Mr. C's all three of them..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic