Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curly units

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curly units
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:52pm

hello i was wondering is their a way to drop some of the curls in a lf and make it look almost wavy ? thanks

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:54pm
yep so to sally's get an apple perm do the instructions all but rolling it up, no rodding, and just run a comb thru with the chemicals on it put it under the plastic cap, and it will loosen them curls up.. don't forget to neutilize it like the instructions say..

Edited by sexibeach - March 16 2008 at 6:55pm
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:04pm
You can use RIT Dye Color Remover on it to loosen the curls as well. The pack costs less than $2 and is available at grocery and drug stores. Ignore the instructions on the back of the box. Pour an entire pack into a bowl of hot tap water and just dip it in and out for about 2 minutes. Wash it, condition it and let it air dry on a wig stand, bed post, door knob or whatever and it will be much straighter. Don't heat the water up in the microwave if you're just trying to loosen the curl because if you get the water too hot you will lose some of the color. HTH
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

You can use RIT Dye Color Remover on it to loosen the curls as well. The pack costs less than $2 and is available at grocery and drug stores. Ignore the instructions on the back of the box. Pour an entire pack into a bowl of hot tap water and just dip it in and out for about 2 minutes. Wash it, condition it and let it air dry on a wig stand, bed post, door knob or whatever and it will be much straighter. Don't heat the water up in the microwave if you're just trying to loosen the curl because if you get the water too hot you will lose some of the color. HTH

that's true that will do it too.. LOL it might lighten it a little bit too, but the instructions are in the newbie thread..

Edited by sexibeach - March 16 2008 at 7:06pm
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:08pm
I did not know this! hmmm
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:09pm
thank you very much ladies you all are great!
Bliess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bliess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 7:32pm
I also loosen curls by performing a bleach bath. However it may also lift color a bit.

HTH
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:03pm
wow, didn't know rit dye can loosen curls also.  I also didn't know to use the whole box for the rit dye dip.  I used the 2 tbs the box recommended.  Maybe that's why I still see those ANTS.  I've decided to purchase a few boxes of rity dye to have on hand.  I've been afraid to try the curly units (afraid of the mass of curls).  I have a wetnwavy now and it has enough curls for me.  Maybe my next unit will be a curly and I'll do the appleperm or rit dye to them. Thanks ladies. 
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

yep so to sally's get an apple perm do the instructions all but rolling it up, no rodding, and just run a comb thru with the chemicals on it put it under the plastic cap, and it will loosen them curls up.. don't forget to neutilize it like the instructions say..

Sexi this worked for me. I  had the tightest little curls that looked  like a puffy mess. I re permed it without the rods.  And It worked.  Now I'm off to larger rods.
  Thanks again
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Nemesiz Nemesiz wrote:

wow, didn't know rit dye can loosen curls also.  I also didn't know to use the whole box for the rit dye dip.  I used the 2 tbs the box recommended.  Maybe that's why I still see those ANTS.  I've decided to purchase a few boxes of rity dye to have on hand.  I've been afraid to try the curly units (afraid of the mass of curls).  I have a wetnwavy now and it has enough curls for me.  Maybe my next unit will be a curly and I'll do the appleperm or rit dye to them. Thanks ladies. 

You may still need to bleach the knots yourself if the color did not lift after the rits.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Asia35 Asia35 wrote:

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Sexi this worked for me. I  had the tightest little curls that looked  like a puffy mess. I re permed it without the rods.  And It worked.  Now I'm off to larger rods.
  Thanks again

yep it works all the time.. Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic