Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

confused :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slutterfly__x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slutterfly__x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: confused :)
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:57pm
i'm getting my hair blonde on wednesday, hopefully.
what i need to know is what they will do for my hair,
it was badly bleach damaged (by a hairdresser!) almost a year ago, a lot snapped off and i ended up getting it cut to chin length.
since then i've had it brown again, and been growing it while wearing clip in extensions.
it's now shoulder length, and most of the damaged hair is gone, although the ends aren't great and it's still quite dry.
if i get a full head of highlights, and a trim and layers to get most of the bleached hair off first,
what colour will my hair end up?
will it be streaky blonde in the mid brown i am now, or will it be blonde?
i'm really confused and would appreciate any advice :-)
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:21am
Okay, if you get hightlights in your hair now you have an all over lighter look - but it will still look like highlights on brown hair. The DYED hair will turn out darker when bleached than the virgin hair.

I'm not sure what you are after. Blonde hair? The best way to do this (in theory) is to remove the dye in your hair with a color remover first then start the bleaching process. I also don't know what your hairdresser did to snap off your hair (most likely retouching highlights by bleaching the whole length, a big no no, and most of them do it!) but it's a possibe warning that your hair is sensitive to bleach.

Post a picture of what you want, and if possible your hair now with your faced blacked out if you want so we can better understand.
BlackLace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 10:29am
Since your hair is a medium brown right now.. yes, your hair will look a bit streaky, but it depends on how many foils your colorist uses, how thin or thick you want the hilights to be, how close together the foils are, etc. Nevertheless your hair will look blonder but it won't be one solid color.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic