Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grund Tiger Reconstructor + review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grund Tiger Reconstructor + review
    Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:08pm
*Warning, this is long and possibly extremely annoying!!!***Hi beautiful long-haireds and wannabe-longhaireds!! I am most often in the Hair Extensions threads and sometimes Hair Colour. I wanted to post this review here because I know how important hair health can be to the maintenance as well as growth of our hair.
My review is for Grund Tiger Reconstructor. It is a salon product, but can be found on-line (Ebay, for eg.) if you do a search. There is not a lot of diversion with this product, so you won't find it in dept. stores.
I LOVE this product!!! Some background: I have about shoulder-length mostly bleach-blonde hair that I am babying back into healthy hair! LOL! My belief is that you can have decent looking bleached hair. You just have to do a lot of treatments to it and make sure not to overlap when doing the roots. This seems to be working for me. I bleach my roots every 4 weeks and always prepare for it by doing a major protein treatment followed by a major moisturizing treatment. My 3 favourite protein treatments are: Nexxus Emergencee, Sebastian Penetraitt and Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair. Now, I can add Grund to this list!
This is the way you're supposed to use it. You clarify, towel-dry the hair, then spray in the reconstructor. You saturate the hair until it's dripping, but DON't comb through. Throw a bag over your head (I use a plastic grocery bag!) and heat with a blow dryer for as long as you want. You take the bag off & then comb through the product. THEN, you dry it into the hair with your blowdryer. You can even follow that up with a flat iron, since it permanently bonds to your hair with the use of heat.
I thought all that was bullsh*t -- how can a product make your hair feel so good and permanently bond to the cuticle? Well, after the second use, I went on-line and purchased an 8 oz. bottle for $20. It's pricey, but worth it. My hair felt immediately thicker, softer and shinier after I used it. It's been three days since I last used it, and the shine on my hair is beautiful. I think this will help me on my hair journey to longer, healthier hair.
I am in no way affiliated with this company. I can tell you this: I will be buying more of this reconstructor and their Tiger Masque.
Love clip-ins and tape!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:08pm
Hi fake-is-me, and welcome to this forum Smile

I'm happy to hear the product works well for you.  I've found that my hair is happiest when I occasionally use a protein-rich reconstructor... but only occasionally.  Used every time it makes my hair crunchy, dry and tangly, but once in a while it's very helpful.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 10:01pm
Thank you for the rating.  I was actually looking for a good reconstuctor.  My hair has been doing well, but I wanted something to add some ompf to my ends.  I just ordered this off of premiumhairproducts.com and I can't wait to try!  I let you know how it goesSmile
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Hi fake-is-me, and welcome to this forum Smile

I'm happy to hear the product works well for you.  I've found that my hair is happiest when I occasionally use a protein-rich reconstructor... but only occasionally.  Used every time it makes my hair crunchy, dry and tangly, but once in a while it's very helpful.

Tongue Dave, thanks for your warm welcome! I'm sorry I am responding so late; need to check in more. haha.

I totally understand where you are coming from in terms of protein and the crunchiness. That is likely because your hair is healthy and does not need as much protein as mine! One thing to note though, is that Grund Reconstructor is NOT a regular protein; it will not harden your hair and you cannot overuse it. In fact, you can use it to boost other hair products to add volume or hold to it. If you want to try a moisturizing conditioner, I would recommend the Grund Tiger Masque --- you also bake this in. I haven't tried this yet, but am dying to!
Love clip-ins and tape!
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Kimbearly Kimbearly wrote:

Thank you for the rating.  I was actually looking for a good reconstuctor.  My hair has been doing well, but I wanted something to add some ompf to my ends.  I just ordered this off of premiumhairproducts.com and I can't wait to try!  I let you know how it goesSmile

Oh, I really hope you like it! I am so glad I could help someone here since you all help me out so much.Smile Kim remember that there are several ways to use this. You can do the deep treatment (as listed on the bottle) or you can spray it in as a leave-in conditioner and blow dry/flat iron. You can also spray it as an addition to any other hair product and it will increase the hold and volume on your hair. Let me know if you need more detailed tips (PM me) and let us know how it works for you!!! Man, I need to get a job with Grund!!! hahah
Love clip-ins and tape!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

Tongue Dave, thanks for your warm welcome! I'm sorry I am responding so late; need to check in more. haha.

After my recent long hiatus... how could I possibly comment? Ermm
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 1:49pm
Ok I tried this protein system and did not like it very much.  I tried it by spraying and covering with plastic and using the hair dryer.  What it did was make my hair a frizzy mess and very dried out.  I then tried it as a leave in and it still made my hair feel very dry and a bit crispy.  Overall I felt this product did nothing to my hair to make it healthy.  I actually felt it made my hair worse and it took many conditioning treatments with my Aubrey to make my hair heal.  Fakeizme, I am glad it worked for you and thank you for your review. 
sourgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sourgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Kimbearly Kimbearly wrote:

Ok I tried this protein system and did not like it very much.  I tried it by spraying and covering with plastic and using the hair dryer.  What it did was make my hair a frizzy mess and very dried out.  I then tried it as a leave in and it still made my hair feel very dry and a bit crispy.  Overall I felt this product did nothing to my hair to make it healthy.  I actually felt it made my hair worse and it took many conditioning treatments with my Aubrey to make my hair heal.  Fakeizme, I am glad it worked for you and thank you for your review. 

I hate it when that happens, I stick with what I know and I love all the redken extreme products.
Currant method Hair locs.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2008 at 2:49pm
OK, I know this is really late, but I wanted to say Kimbearly that I'm so sorry the Grund didn't work for you!Confused I can't believe it. It's one of those products that I immediately noticed a difference in my hair. Did you follow it with a moisturizing conditioner? Also, I wonder if your hair even needs protein at all, since the proteins in this product are not animal or plant? They cannot be over-applied and don't really build up.

Sorry sorry. I ordered more from Premiumhairproducts.com, but I cannot seem to get any response from them as to whether they are shipping it? Did you have this problem with the site?
Love clip-ins and tape!
ajrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2009 at 12:48pm

A little background...my hair is naturally dark brown and I have been coloring it for 15 years. During that time it's been every color imaginable, but bleaching it blond 4 times has really taken it's toll on my hair. Each time it starts breaking off, I dye it back dark brown. Well it's been bleached from dark brown to blond (through a process of having it heavily highlighted at least 3 times) twice in the past year and a half. It takes ALOT of heat to make my hair look halfway decent, so needless to say, it is heat styled almost every day. I only wash it once a week and the night before I sleep in conditioner. I also do an Aphogee protein treatment just before I go in to have it colored. My hair stylist gave me some of the Tiger Reconstructor and I used it today for the first time. This morning I saturated my dry hair with Redken All Soft Addictive Hair transformer (this stuff is awesome too! I have no idea why Redken discontinued it)and left in on for about 3 hours. Then, I washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo, towel dried, and applied the Tiger Reconstructor to all my hair, massaged it in (don't comb through-don't know why, but that's what the bottle says), covered my hair with a plastic cap, and sat under the blow dryer for 10 minutes. After that I took off the cap, combed the product through my hair and blew it dry. OH MY GOSH!!! My hair felt and looked better than it has in years!! I really think continual use of this product with allow me to stay blond without nearly as much damage. Does anyone know how often you can use it??

I would HIGHLY recommend this product IF you have really damaged hair. Maybe the people it didn't work for didn't really need a major reconstructor. Just a thought.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic