Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Just Bleached My Knots!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Just Bleached My Knots!!!!!!!
    Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:48pm
Smile
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

Yea!!!! I'm glad the kit is working for you all. Fakeizme, thanks for the advice. I believe a lot of ladies have tried to bleach their knots with the 20 developer and it didn't work because a lot of CVs use clothing dye to dye the hair and not hair dye. It is worth a shot to try it though. I will just continue to do what I am doing. I figure since I don't leave it on very long, I should be fine plus I seal the heck out of it. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that important point, Breh! Tongue Thanks for reminding me. Although, I would say that doing the RIT dye remover and THEN doing the bleaching is probably a better way to go. But, you are right: if it works, then don't fix it!!!!
laydyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 1:21pm
That's awesome, bookbabe! Thumbs%20Up

And thanks a bunch for giving a visual on that bleaching kit, Breh!  I had never heard of that one before, so if my next unit comes full of ants I'll know exactly where to turn to.  Big%20smile
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 1:16pm
Yea!!!! I'm glad the kit is working for you all. Fakeizme, thanks for the advice. I believe a lot of ladies have tried to bleach their knots with the 20 developer and it didn't work because a lot of CVs use clothing dye to dye the hair and not hair dye. It is worth a shot to try it though. I will just continue to do what I am doing. I figure since I don't leave it on very long, I should be fine plus I seal the heck out of it. 
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 1:13pm
That looks like a great bleaching kit! One thing I want to remind you great ladies of (since I bleach my roots every month): 40 vol. peroxide is very harsh. Yes, it works fast, but faster is not BETTER. In fact, your hair remains healthier if you process it slowly. Substitute the 40 vol. for 20 vol. and leave it on for an hour. This won't be as damaging and should work just as well! HTH!!!
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 10:13am
Great news...I'm so happy that it worked out for you.
Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 7:00am

Great news…..I am going to have to pick this up..Breh thanks for the tip.

B-licious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B-licious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 12:09am
OK,  Thanks Curlygirl11Thumbs%20Up
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by B-licious B-licious wrote:

OK, here is my dumb newbie question.  How do you keep the rest of the hair from bleaching along with the knots?

B-Lish

You just flip the unit inside out and gently coat the underside of the unit with the thick bleach mixture. This way you only get bleach on the knots and not the rest of the hair.

B-licious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B-licious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 11:30pm
OK, here is my dumb newbie question.  How do you keep the rest of the hair from bleaching along with the knots?

B-Lish
JadeVetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeVetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 5:15pm
Congrats BookBabe, I'm still too shook to bleach-enter my practice unit, that I really need to get one of these days.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 5:07pm
i know i picked me some up today! thanks Breh!
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 5:03pm
I told ya'll it is easy. Just be light handed and make sure you don't push the bleach through the holes on the hair. Rinse it off after 10 mins to check your progress, if you like the results then proceed to wash, etc.. if not then bleach again for 5 more mins. That is it. hooray

Edited by Breh - March 21 2008 at 5:04pm
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:56pm
So it really work... Well I'm off to sally's .  I'll keep you posted I can work on bleaching my ants until my finger is 100%. Heck I'll take 75%.  I need to  apply a unit real soon.  I'll keep you posted on  bleaching this ants.

Edited by Asia35 - March 21 2008 at 7:22pm
bookbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 12:20pm

Thanks everyone

princessLf you can do it i was crazy nervous I just followed Breh's instructions and it came out fine!!!!

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 7:56am

that's great i'm soooooooooo happy and proud of you girl.. ClapClapClap

Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 6:54am
It is called Beyond the Zone On/Off Scalp Radical Bleach Kit

Edited by Breh - March 21 2008 at 6:56am
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:50am
Congrats Bookbabe.  I hope I'm success when I finally get up the nerve to bleach my knots.
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:28pm
please Breh what is the bleach kit name again?Embarrassed
i received my new baby and i need to bleach the knots too
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 10:18pm
Congratulations on bleaching them knots!  I am bout to go in the lab myself tonight and color a CVR. PRAY FOR ME!
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 9:53pm
Woo hoo!!! That's great. You're welcome. It feels good to get rid of those ants don't it. dance1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic