Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Holly KS (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BFF Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Holly KS (pics)
    Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:09pm
Hey ladies,

I finally washed, conditioned and flat ironed my first Holly KS unit. It was alot of work because I dont have a good flat iron (I have a cheap $10 walmart flat iron, lol).  So, I havent styled yet, but just wanted to share my progress. I took some hairline pics, but they were out of focus. I will try to get some focused hairline pics.

Let me know what you guys honestly think of the application. Im trying to get like ya'll, so constructive criticism will be appreciated SmileSmile.

http://public.fotki.com/BFFPrincess/my-first-holly-ks/
pw: hollyks

BTW, I found that Redken Smooth Down makes the hair softer, easier to flat iron and more manageable.Wink

Edited by BFF Princess - March 25 2008 at 6:22pm
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:20pm

You did a grreat job.....

missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:36pm
the texture is so nice and your application is great,however i would suggest next time wait a little bit more before applying the lace so that you wont have the litlle white line on your hairline and maybe you can thin  a little bit the hairline to make it look more natural.

other than that i love the hair and it looks so natural.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:39pm
That looks very natural and I think you did a good job taming it. Thumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:44pm
Asia and Curlygirl: Thanks for your comments!

Missmodesty: Thanks for the advice! I will be working on the color, density and practice my application this weekend. I will be more patient with the adhesive Smile

Edited by BFF Princess - March 20 2008 at 11:45pm
shefruitful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shefruitful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 1:26am
Get it Girl!!!
newtolacewigs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtolacewigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:08am
I think you did a good job. It looks like your real hair.
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:48am
You have definitely tamed the beast.  It looks great.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:10am
BEAUTIFUL IT CAME OUT GREAT! ClapClap
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:18am
i think you did a good job   it fits your face looks like u grew it right out your scalp!   what adhesive did you use?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:39am
Thank you ladies!! Hug Ive been taking notes and trying to get as good as you ladies!  Smile  The knots were not bleached and so I used Sexi's jerome russell and sally hansen make up technique (Thanks Sexi!!!Hug) It worked like a charmWink

Bigmomma: I used Hair Direct White Glue. I love this stuff! Breh put me on to it (Thanks Breh!)  It works really well with my personal chemistry. I get a great 7 day hold with no lifting and maybe a little slippage at day 5 or 6 if I work out a lot that week.  It doesn't turn gray and get boogers like ORWG. And it dries clear. I love it! Two thin layers and I dont need any other adhesive for the front. I dont use anything else Smile
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:46am
Originally posted by BFF Princess BFF Princess wrote:

Thank you ladies!! Hug Ive been taking notes and trying to get as good as you ladies!  Smile  The knots were not bleached and so I used Sexi's jerome russell and sally hansen make up technique (Thanks Sexi!!!Hug) It worked like a charmWink

Bigmomma: I used Hair Direct White Glue. I love this stuff! Breh put me on to it (Thanks Breh!)  It works really well with my personal chemistry. I get a great 7 day hold with no lifting and maybe a little slippage at day 5 or 6 if I work out a lot that week.  It doesn't turn gray and get boogers like ORWG. And it dries clear. I love it! Two thin layers and I dont need any other adhesive for the front. I dont use anything else Smile

i gotta get that glue Breh was talking about i forgot the name.. and your welcome you looke beautiful!!!
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:36am
I like it
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 12:01pm
you know you da bomb!
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 12:04pm
It looks so natural on you!....Did you apply behind your hairline?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 1:46pm
Thank you ladies! It really means alot coming from you vets like you!Hug

Shonita, I applied behind my widows peak, but in front of the rest of my hairline. Smile
nola06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nola06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by missmodesty missmodesty wrote:

the texture is so nice and your application is great,however i would suggest next time wait a little bit more before applying the lace so that you wont have the litlle white line on your hairline and maybe you can thin  a little bit the hairline to make it look more natural.

other than that i love the hair and it looks so natural.

Wow, really? You could've fooled me! I actually LOVE the hairline and think it is unbelievably natural-looking. But I'm not an expert, so I'll defer to missmodesty because I've never done this before. But I must say that, to an untrained eye, you could have DEFINATELY fooled me! Smile Nice job!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 4:47pm
Thanks girl!  Smile
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 5:32pm
It looks really pretty on you and TAMED!!!!! I would like to get a KS but I am too afraid it will look like a bush on my head!
Miss Lace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Lace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 6:00pm
Hey you look great and it“s very natural. What is the density and is this Indian or Chinese Remy?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic