Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair appt.....time for a color change???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tmarisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair appt.....time for a color change???
    Posted: March 20 2008 at 11:34pm
So my hair is naturally a dirty dark ash blonde.  I dye it dark neutral brown currently, but I've tried TONS of different colors.  One thing I haven't ever tried is panels or chunks of color, but with this new style, I think it's worth a shot. To remind you, I'll include a picture of my haircut.

I'm TRULY up for any color. Also, when I get it cut, I'm gonna cut it shorter all around (especially along the neck and in the front. (too short on the crown for me and I get vertical hair.

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 7:09am
Auburn with chunks of caramel and blonde
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

Auburn with chunks of caramel and blonde

I'll second that!

tmarisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 7:09pm
Oh....the dreaded caramel highlight.  It traipses so dangerously upon orange.  At least, that's how stylists in the past have interpreted the color. Since my hair has been colored before, it seems that they can never land on "caramel" and hit "carrot" instead. Of course, when you mention it, stylists seem to give you the old: "oh no, it's not orange, you just need to get used to it....give it a few days" which translates to "I have another appointment soon and I don't have time to fix that." We shall see....
GC2599 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GC2599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 8:20pm
What about going all over light blonde. How short u plan on taking it?
tmarisco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 2:01am
Actually, I've done some light blonde. I love the way it looks on me, but I hate how unhealthy it makes my hair feel.  I also don't care for the regrowth. Even with my blondish hair, the regrowth is too stark for my taste.  Here is a pic of me with blonde hair:
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v125/198/108/21900532/n21900532_32238026_4794.jpg
GC2599 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GC2599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 3:44am
I see...... you look awesome blonde. good luck on whatever you end up doing . I am sure whatever you do will look great
laurie82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurie82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 6:27am
Hey T,

Good luck with your new cut and color. I am sure it will look great on you. I am also planning on getting my hair cut this weekend. This short hair  has really grown on me and I am going to ask him to cut it as short as he can all around including the bangs (but no buzz cut at least not yet). If i like it really short I may keep it this way for a while, a least the summer. Again good luck!

L.

bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 6:57am

How about an all over Red?  Reds are really in right now and I think you would look great in a red.  Maybe a level 6 or 7 Red.  Since your hair tends to turn yellow when you bleach, you might want to consider adding a violet in there also.  Maybe a 6RV.

As far as cut, what are you thinking?  I think that matters with the color.  But, loving the idea of Red on you.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 9:49am
How about a mix of blonde and caramel highlights?  That might give you a lot of depth.  I think it would be pretty.  I love your current cut too.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:28pm
So, what did you end up doing?
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic