Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tip to protect fotki pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BFF Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tip to protect fotki pics
    Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:45am
Ivy Grad just gave this tip on BMH Clap, thought I would share it here.

Quick tip to deter picture collectors.

I know we haven't' had many run-ins with picture thieves as of late, but I figured I'd share this tip anyhow.

Ok so after logging onto your own personal fotki account.  Underneath a photo album you have the option of selecting "Edit properties"  After clicking on that link a new page should load.  Underneath the "Viewer Discretion Advised" box there is another link for "Advanced Properties" click on this link.  After that page has fully loaded scroll down until you read "Originals available to:"  Under the drop box select "Myself only."  This prevents visitors from right clicking to save your photos.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:15am
Originally posted by BFF Princess BFF Princess wrote:

Ivy Grad just gave this tip on BMH Clap, thought I would share it here.

Quick tip to deter picture collectors.

I know we haven't' had many run-ins with picture thieves as of late, but I figured I'd share this tip anyhow.

Ok so after logging onto your own personal fotki account.  Underneath a photo album you have the option of selecting "Edit properties"  After clicking on that link a new page should load.  Underneath the "Viewer Discretion Advised" box there is another link for "Advanced Properties" click on this link.  After that page has fully loaded scroll down until you read "Originals available to:"  Under the drop box select "Myself only."  This prevents visitors from right clicking to save your photos.

HEY NOW THIS IS GREAT, I'LL BE PUTTING THIS IN THE NEWBIE THREAD!!! THANKS SO MUCH! cuz they done stole from me b4, and i'm paranoid b/c of that..
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:18am
You also have to change "Sharing photos allowed for (also enable right-click saving)" to "Myself Only". This is what keeps them from right clicking. When they right click they will get an message that says "Protected". They can right click on thumbnails, but when you resize it, the picture will be distorted.

Here's a screen shot of the fotki settings. I placed a yellow box around the ones that you need to change to "Myself Only" to deter theft.

Sorry, I couldn't make the picture any bigger.

Edited by Breh - March 21 2008 at 10:42am
BFF Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:25am
Thanks Breh, I just changed the setting.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:41am
thank for the tips Breh and BFFPrincess i've added this info to the newbie thread plus how to watermark your pictures this is great i can feel more comfortable to share now...Clap
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 10:42am
You're welcome. 
JadeVetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeVetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 1:33pm
Great tip, thanks ladies--
shefruitful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shefruitful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 4:13pm
Great Tip!!!
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 8:00pm

GOOD LOOKING OUT!

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:08pm
Hey ladies.. this is a great tip.. but I want to make sure you don't rely solely on this to protect your pictures.. a PERSISTENT and savvy picture thief can still steal your pictures without having to right click on them.. IMO, the very BEST way to protect your pictures is to .. (wait for it..) WATERMARK THEM!!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

Hey ladies.. this is a great tip.. but I want to make sure you don't rely solely on this to protect your pictures.. a PERSISTENT and savvy picture thief can still steal your pictures without having to right click on them.. IMO, the very BEST way to protect your pictures is to .. (wait for it..) WATERMARK THEM!!!

girl you late i've already put your information in the newbie thread on how to watermark.. LOL check it out and its in your name.. Wink
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

girl you late i've already put your information in the newbie thread on how to watermark.. LOL check it out and its in your name.. Wink
LOLLOLLOL There I go on the late freight again..

***goes off to the newbie thread to check out the latest additions***
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 1:20am
thanx ladies this is very good to know.
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 8:45am
Great tips ladies.  I need to apply these to my fotki.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic