Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halley Curls Closure Install(pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by frenchie1 frenchie1 wrote:

Charron, thanks for the answers! Again, this install looks incredibly natural and seamless to me!
You got me thinking about closure pieces and even lace wig, full and front ones. I went on JDC lacewig website and I was blown away by some of the pictures I saw... http://www.jdcwigs.com/

Fakeizme, that's a good idea, I would like to find a way to experiment with a lace wig without trying a full lace wig. Oh, and check out the video demos on the website I mentioned above, it looks SO easy to install these wigs! Man I would love to have great hair in the morning and not worrying about washing/drying/styling my hair everyday!

Charron, do you know how long one can keep a lace wig on by any chance? 

Frenchie.. How long you can wear one of these depends on your body chemistry and the adhesive you use.. Most ladies who wear these say that they had to experiment a little in the beginning to get their application down and find the right adhesive.. But if you REALLY want to learn from the lace front experts, head over to HB's lacefront forum.. SOme of the best and brightest minds from BHM are making their home here now.. The newbies thread has a TON of good information.. The you should pop on over to BHM for more information.. HTH..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 8:55am
Thanks Diva! That's also what I was thinking... I am gonna go to BHM or to the lacefront forum and do my homework lol!
The pictures from the website I mentioned earlier are incredible.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 5:00pm
Frenchie: Thanks for the JDC Wigs site. I love looking at lace units!!! Their so pretty. I have played around with wearing regular wigs and although I love wearing them behind the hairline, I find that they pinch my little head!!LOL I think I'm pretty tender-headed. It's one of the reasons I want a top piece (lace frontal) instead. Oh..and watch out for JDC; I've read mixed reviews about their wigs and service. There are lots of great sellers out there, though. You should try one and play around with it.
Love clip-ins and tape!
khepri22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khepri22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 10:47pm
Wow! It's really natural looking. I know you said that it was a sew-in, but wondering if you glued/taped the front lace down too? or Did you just cut all of the lace off? 
Rhyse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 3:36pm
Lovely!!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

Frenchie: Thanks for the JDC Wigs site. I love looking at lace units!!! Their so pretty. I have played around with wearing regular wigs and although I love wearing them behind the hairline, I find that they pinch my little head!!LOL I think I'm pretty tender-headed. It's one of the reasons I want a top piece (lace frontal) instead. Oh..and watch out for JDC; I've read mixed reviews about their wigs and service. There are lots of great sellers out there, though. You should try one and play around with it.

Thanks Fakeizme! After reading old post on the lacefront forum on HB I figured JDC wasn't the favorite website! The ones that are recommended don't always offer blonde shades though!Confused I am gonna have to make a lot more research to figure if this is for me or not! It sure looks very interesting!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by khepri22 khepri22 wrote:

Wow! It's really natural looking. I know you said that it was a sew-in, but wondering if you glued/taped the front lace down too? or Did you just cut all of the lace off? 
I know this was directed to Charron, but this is a sew-in install. There are a few very talented stylists who really know how to lay a closure down.. Charron is DEFINITELY one of them..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
charron08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charron08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 10:23pm
thanks diva!

Fdance1   (<<<<<LOL I LOVE THAT)!!!!FOR THE RECORD YES HER CLOSURE IS SEWN..ALL OF IT..NOT SOME OF IT BUT ALL OF IT..LOL
THANKS SO MUCH LADIES!...
Weave Queen
www.myspace.com/weavesbycharron07
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 10:44pm
Charron: gorgeous install but we know u got mad skills.

thanks for sharing the pix and WELCOME a'board!
K-B
charron08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charron08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 2:44am
Kofee B!!!..thanks bay!..thanks for the welcome..i didn realize it was so many of fell bhm'rs here..good to see you!...whats your current install girly!
Weave Queen
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:46am
Wow nice! Im always blown away as to how good those closure pieces look. Im sure it takes a lot of practice though.
lattabody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lattabody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 8:28pm
hi how is this closure installed, can it be sewn in?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 11:59am
Originally posted by lattabody lattabody wrote:

hi how is this closure installed, can it be sewn in?

Here's Charron's earlier response:
Originally posted by charron08 charron08 wrote:

thanks diva!

Fdance1   (<<<<<LOL I LOVE THAT)!!!!FOR THE RECORD YES HER CLOSURE IS SEWN..ALL OF IT..NOT SOME OF IT BUT ALL OF IT..LOL
THANKS SO MUCH LADIES!...

_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 8:57pm
Very prettyClap
bsaidso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsaidso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 8:48am
is the closure piece a large or small? this looks very nice.
B.e.s.s
Divastyleshair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divastyleshair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 4:57pm
WOW!!!

Very nice work!!! WinkClap

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! for your SUPPORT!!

I remember you on BHM!! You gave me a very nice review!!!

Peace & Blessings

Diva
L.A.Hair Extension Stylist 24 years experience,locations are Las Vegas & Los Angeles If you are seeking NATURAL LOOKING HAIR EXTENSIONS view WWW.DIVASTYLESHAIR.COM
WWW.DIVASTYLES.COM
HAIRLOC SYSTEM
Karissa717 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karissa717 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 7:52am
Charron,

Where are you located?  This is absolutely amazing.  I want to know more about your technique.  I have gotten the sew in weaves before, but what is so different about yours?  I am new with this.  I would love to come to you.  Thanks
charron08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charron08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2009 at 11:46pm
hi every one thanks so much
feel free to see closure techniqes here.
if you are interested in contacting me you can find me here

karissa717 i sent you a private message
Weave Queen
ilnaij View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilnaij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 4:14am

The American vendors i like wagmanprimu.com and californialacewigs.com

The Chinese vendors i like http://www.visionremyhair.com visionhaircn@gmail.com and it's been good quality for a decent

price.

WOOOW now i know lol  good quality

Good Luck

Don't be a hard rock when you really are a gem!
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2009 at 9:44pm
I haven't posted over here in a while. hello everyone, Charron you may not know me, but I have seen your work and your tutorials and you are an inspiration to me. You make me enjoy my work also. The install is the bomb!
Hey Diva vocals, haven't been here in awhile just stopping by.
http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic