Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gridlock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:13pm
thanx ladies am off to the nearest cvs- tell y'all how it goes
tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:14pm
actually i tried breh's method but the tape just wont stick- and the make up keeps rubbing on my hair.
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:15pm
oh ok  i gotta try that
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 10:16pm
soon as i get all these different methods down i'll add them all..
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 4:15am

OMG, Curlgirl, I use the exact same product on my wig and the grids completely disappear, I have been using them for a while now, and I really like the width and the way it makes the parts look like your skin. I do not wear foundation so instead of foundation, I just spray SH on it, and it looks perfect.

LaceLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by amazon1147 amazon1147 wrote:

OMG, Curlgirl, I use the exact same product on my wig and the grids completely disappear, I have been using them for a while now, and I really like the width and the way it makes the parts look like your skin. I do not wear foundation so instead of foundation, I just spray SH on it, and it looks perfect.

Ughh!  What's SH again? Confused  I'm drawing a blank.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 1:09pm

I can't believe the creativity in this place! LOL. Awesome ideas.

What I'm wondering, is when you take the unit off and wash, are you taking the steri-strip/silicon sheet off each time and then placing a new one? Would this not damage the lace?

tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by LaceLover LaceLover wrote:

SH- Sally Hansen spray
LaceLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 11:37am
Originally posted by tefna tefna wrote:

Originally posted by LaceLover LaceLover wrote:

SH- Sally Hansen spray

Ughh!  That's right.  Thanks, Tefna! Star
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 11:42am

Wow LOL I guess great minds think alike. I love them too because they look and feel so much like skin. I gotta go get some more today because I only have 2 left. I know the lady at my local Walgreens must be thinking "Dang! She's the most accident prone woman in the world !!". LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 11:44am
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

I can't believe the creativity in this place! LOL. Awesome ideas.

What I'm wondering, is when you take the unit off and wash, are you taking the steri-strip/silicon sheet off each time and then placing a new one? Would this not damage the lace?

Yes, I it off every week when I wash and condition my unit. The adhesive isn't strong enough to damage the lace or the knots. As a matter of fact, even if you tried to leave it on I think it would fall off by itself as soon as you got some shampoo on it.

Edited by Curlygirl11 - March 24 2008 at 11:46am
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 11:55am
What color of SH do you buy?
tefna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tefna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by NClady NClady wrote:

What color of SH do you buy?

I dont use the SH- coz i cant find one in my color but i just bought the fabricmate in brown and is works just fine. I think sexi says she use the SH in med tan- I think....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 5:56pm
I use the darket color of SH they have. I am Gabby Union / Naomi Campbell's complexion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 5:56pm
Curl I buy mine from Walgreens, too!
Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lrigyttiw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

If you don't want to wait for something to be shipped you can try the burn care tape that I use. It's at most drug store chains and it looks like this:
They're made out of a gel-like material that feels like skin and your lace will disappear when you put it underneath. HTH

what are they called? please PM me with the name. Where do you put them?
http://public.fotki.com/Lrigyttiw/my-lf-experiences/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 1:01am
Here's what the box looks like: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=115548&previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?page=2^Query=first+aid+tape^ActiveCat=65^startLink=1 
You just peel off the adhesive backing and stick it to the underside of your lace wherever you plan to part your hair and it looks like scalp.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by ash8419 ash8419 wrote:

Here ya go

Thanks for this link!

Question: How do you apply it?

It looks like the sticky side has to go against the lace (on the underside) ... but then how would the 'textured skin tone' side be seen through the lace? Seems like you would only see the sticky side.

What am I missing here. :)))
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic