Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*Natural Hair Growth Frow Wearing LF's (Pics)*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Natural Hair Growth Frow Wearing LF's (Pics)*
    Posted: March 22 2008 at 11:50pm

Okay, so today is the 1st day I've straightened my hair since I started wearing lace fronts in October of 2007. I wash and condition my hair every weekend but I haven't bothered to straighten it so I had been guessing at the length by pulling a few curls straight.

Here is what it looked like while it was still wet and curly:

Here is what it looked like after I put some Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine on it then blow dried it. It's in a high pony tail :

Here it is after I flat ironed it with the MaxiGlide steam flat iron:

Even though it's grown some I STILL like my lf's better than my own hair. I am TRULY addicted to these lf's. I think maybe because they are so much thicker and fuller than my natural hair and I can put all the dye and chemicals I want in the lf's and just let my natural hair grow healthier and healthier. It also seems like my natural hair has gotten darker since it hasn't been exposed to the sun for so long and now that I've been looking at my natural color all day I'm feeling the urge to dye all my lf's the same color. I think Imma need to get into lace front rehab soon. Confused

Edited by Curlygirl11 - March 22 2008 at 11:55pm
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:27am
OMG, you hair is absolutely beautiful. Go girl!!!
Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:31am
Wow!!!!! Your hair is awesome.
Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:32am
How do you wear your hair underneath the lf?
MsLiberty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:38am
Wow, your hair is beautiful!! what do you do to it under your wigs. That seems like a job in itself Smile
JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 12:57am
Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 1:12am
SmileTongueWink love me some of your hair!

ConfusedCryAngry mine aint like your (YET_)))
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 7:29am
OMG EXCELLENT GROWTH I LOVE IT GO GIRL.. ClapClapClap
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 8:47am
Your hair is beautiful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:01am
Thanks for the compliments ladies. It NEVER grew past shoulder length until I stopped putting relaxers and heat it in.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:03am
Wow, that is some major growth! Just beautiful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:04am
Originally posted by MsLiberty MsLiberty wrote:

Wow, your hair is beautiful!! what do you do to it under your wigs. That seems like a job in itself Smile

It's really not that hard at all. After I wash and condition it I wrap it while its still wet. When its almost dry I put my wig cap over it to stop it from poofing up while it dries the rest of the way. Then I apply my unit.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:20am
Curlygirl...your hair is fabulous! Congratulations on all that growth; just beautiful and healthy. You are an inspiration to me. I am hoping, by wearing extensions and possibly a lace frontal (soon) that I will be able to grow it back too. Tongue
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:21am
that's exactly what it takes stop the heat, chemicals and daily manipulation and lf as a protective style you can't beat it.. Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:31am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

that's exactly what it takes stop the heat, chemicals and daily manipulation and lf as a protective style you can't beat it.. Clap

I TOTALLY agree. I had no idea my hair could grow so long until I stopped putting relaxers and heat in it.

IMO the lace front is the greatest thing since sliced bread because unlike wearing braids or weaves it puts absolutely no tension on my natural hair. As a result my hair is not only getting longer but it's slowly getting thicker at the scalp because I don't have anything pulling at the roots like braids or weave tracks. This just makes me even MORE addicted to the lace fronts.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:37am
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

Curlygirl...your hair is fabulous! Congratulations on all that growth; just beautiful and healthy. You are an inspiration to me. I am hoping, by wearing extensions and possibly a lace frontal (soon) that I will be able to grow it back too. Tongue

Thank you. Keeping the tension off your natural hair will help. Have you considered wearing a flw yet ?
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 1:31pm
your hair is beautiful.  I wish my hair would grow like that.
ragcajun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragcajun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 2:24pm
Wow, you hair is awesome!!!  I am hoping to grow my hair as well!
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 4:07pm
Beautiful growth curly!!!!!
BFF Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 9:48pm
Wow, you have gorgeous hair Curly! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic