Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Light blonde lace frontal & knots?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light blonde lace frontal & knots?
    Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:26am
Hi lovely ladies! I am usually either in the hair extensions threads or in Hair Colour, but I am so glad to see you all here. I lurk at BHM and always wanted to comment on SexiBeach's knowledge and helpfulness! Did I say I'm so glad you are here??? LOL

OK, so my question may be a simple & stupid one. I have ordered a custom lace frontal, colour #613 from Holly. I did not get bleached knots. Now, my hair is almost platinum blonde and I have a lot of it; it has some shorter broken pieces on top that I am now diligently trying to grow back! LOL! I am planning to wear the frontal behind my hairline (actually quite a ways behind my hairline) --- almost like a 3/4 wig or half wig with clips attached at the back and tape in front.

All this to say, do you think a light blonde lace piece needs bleached knots? Wouldn't the hair be light enough at the roots that that wouldn't be an issue? I only ask because every time I ask for a quote on one, the vendors always ask if I want bleached knots?!!! I'm hoping and praying I don't get a blonde frontal with black ants at the roots!!!! LOL!

thanks for reading and I appreciate any and ALL responses.Tongue
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:43am
The knots will be blonde just like the rest of the hair.

I've never ordered a unit that light in color but I've heard other posters who have say that the knots aren't an issue for them because the hair is so light in color.
CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 1:07pm

You are correct, bleached knots are not necessary with blonde units

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 1:11pm
thanks a lot to both of you for replying!!!! Smile

I guess the vendors are trying to make a few extra bucks by bleaching something that doesn't need to be bleached??? LOL.
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 6:08pm

Also for anyone else...when you get a lfw in any color lighter than a level 7 you don't need to have the knots bleached because of the light color.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 6:16pm
i'm glad your here too.. LOL and like the ladies say you don't need bleach knots and as a matter a fact in the newbie thread i recently added information about bleach knots.. one of the suggestions is to order blonde and dye down the color so you won't have to worry about bleaching knots so your fine..
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 7:24pm
Thanks Unladylike and Sexi! It's funny that I could never find any info on something I always wondered about! haha. I agree that buying a lighter lace front is the way to go for several reasons. One of the most important (in my view) is that you can dye it darker or add highlights much more easily than you can with a dark unit. Going darker is always easier and more predictable (healthier too). Bleaching any hair extensions or wigs is tricky and can be unpredictable. Not only that, but once you get it to the colour you like, then you have to treat it like gold with lots of conditioning treatments to make sure it doesn't fall apart!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic