Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp for fine wavy weird hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
marymary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marymary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help for fine wavy weird hair
    Posted: March 24 2008 at 9:15am
Hi everyone! I wanted to know if anyone else has this hair type and how to style it the best.

My hair is naturally wavy, but I have long, fine hair. Now here is the weird part....if I don't put loads of product in and diffuse it, my hair will not dry naturally wavy. It will have some kink to it, but not much. I never have to straighten my hair. If I just brush it out when wet and blow dry it it will go straight no problem.  However, if I get caught out in the rain, my hair will go super wavy...it makes no sense! Maybe it's the chemicals??

Anyway, I use Paul Mitchell mousse, an apple sized amount on my hair and then diffuse it with my head upside down. Here is what irritates me, certain sections of hair will wave so beautifully, almost corkscrews, and then other areas like the back of my hair will be kind of a kinky frizz.

What is the solution here? Is there something I am not doing? Or is it that some people just don't have nice looking natural waves? Cry  lol

KidRobot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidRobot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 8:06pm
hmmmn, i have fine and wavy hair also.   Lately i blow it dry straight and use a flat iron but if you want to enhance your waves, you may wanna try a bit of coconut oil to your wet hair.  Do a search on coconut oil to see what the others have suggested.  hope it helps...Thumbs%20Up
marymary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marymary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 8:51am
I never would have thought of coconut oil...someone told me that maybe it is because my hair is too dry in parts? Does it help wavy hair for it to be well conditioned?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic