Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ah Ha! How to make your wig like new! (Pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ah Ha! How to make your wig like new! (Pics)
    Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:10pm

Ok ya'll I found that miracle product that makes my unit as fresh, soft, silky and a new as it was when it first popped out it's bag! This little jewel call Simply Stylin' is a gift from God! It's a pure silicone serum that is used on hair. I found it's website while searching for other Silicone products as an alternative to Silicon Mix. I bought the samples ($2) on Monday and they showed up in my mail box today. So, since  my week old unit was looking rough (by rough I mean, stiff, matted, dry, dull, and tangled) I descided to go to the lab!

Here are my steps:

1) Bleach Bath my unit (seriously use Clorox I know others will debate on this but, it's the only bleach that actually works for my Holly units)

2) Shampoo with Dove Intensive Moisturizer Shampoo

3) Condition with a mix of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, and Dove Intensive Conditioner. Nuke in the micorwave for a minute in 30 sec interavals. Let sit in bag for 3 minutes. FULLY rinse out with luke warm water.

4) Spritz on some Shine Pearl Intive leave in Serum ($1 at Dollar Genral)

5) Evenly distribute about 2 oz. (The whole sample bottle) of the Simply Stylin’ Silk Serum through out the hair.

6) Blow dry on Med. Low heat. And if a straight unit run the flat iron over it and BAM! It'll look like you just bought a new unit.

And Ladies I'm being for real with this stuff. At first I didn't think it would be that great because as I was putting it on, I didn't see much difference, but baby when I ran my regular old flat iron across it that hair was looking so kinda good! I was like DAMN! I couldn't stop smile and running my fingers through it. It has a very polished finished and it's not greasy feeling either!

So I hope this helps some of ya'll!

You can't really tell from the pics (wish I would have taken a before and after) But I know how ya'll ladies need your crack lol

Here's my Fotki Link (hope it works no PW for now) http://public.fotki.com/Countessrim/

Hope this helps

Edited by Countessrim - March 26 2008 at 7:02pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:15pm
i'm glad you came back with reviews i'm gonna give it a try and add this to the product list.. altho i don't use heat on my units i'll certainly check it out, maybe my maxi glide..Wink thanks so much! altho the coconut oil parachute does wonder's too with the added conditioners..

Edited by sexibeach - March 26 2008 at 6:16pm
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:19pm
you know you just bought that unit!! Wink that is great, im gonna have to try it. Lawd as if i need yet ANOTHER hair product lol i need a twelve step program
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:21pm
Thank you for posting a detailed and thorough outline of how you brought your hair back! Your hair does look silky and sleek now, for sure. I will say this: there are LOTS of pure silicone stylers out there! Many of them are fantastic. I've never tried this one. Another great one is called Got2Be Glossy --- pure silicone and usually under $5 in the drugstore. Also, I have noticed that silicone used in conjunction with a flat iron (whether bleach bathed or not) can be enough to revitalize the hair. Thanks again for sharing. Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

i'm glad you came back with reviews i'm gonna give it a try and add this to the product list.. altho i don't use heat on my units i'll certainly check it out, maybe my maxi glide..Wink thanks so much! altho the coconut oil parachute does wonder's too with the added conditioners..

No problem Sexi but no, it's definatly a major difference. I used the Coconut oil before with my unit when I washed it the first two times and it didn't look nothing like this lol but yea, try the samples out first and see if ya like it...I know you will!

Edited by Countessrim - March 26 2008 at 6:22pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:30pm
thanks for enabling me i do have a little problem i am a product junkie.. LOL it does look beautiful i'll add your outline to the newbie thread..
Tricey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:32pm
 I have a set regime for my units, however I may have to try this product out.  Ur unit looks great!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 6:40pm
Thanks you guys and OMG I'm being added to the newbie thread! I feel like I've just won an award lolTongue
Gin&tonic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gin&tonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 8:04pm
I use a silicon gel by Paul Mitchell. I also make the hair like new. It does not leave a buid up.
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 8:27pm
that likes great u did a really good job
GlamorusStarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlamorusStarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 10:51pm
hmmm...I like! I just order a 2 sample bottles...! THX!
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 5:34am
Looks good!!! I need to try this out!
apple05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apple05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:41pm
thanks alot you gave me something to use on my own hair .. I know it will do great on our own hair as wellnicethread
stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 3:04pm
I have that at home I use it on my own hair, it works great!
butterfly3582 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly3582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 3:08pm
thanks for the tip
Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 3:16pm
Thanks for the tip!
Athena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Athena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 5:21pm
Just wanted to let you know, I ordered the Simply Stylin, both serum and spray on Saturday and it was delivered today!  The serum product bottle must have a hole in it, about 1/4 of the product had leaked all over the envelope it was delivered in.  I immediately called the supplier, he was extremely nice and is sending me a new bottle today.  NOW THAT IS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.  Btw, this product is wonderful and smells great too.  Thanks Countessrim for sharing this info.
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 7:50pm
I'm sure Simply Stylin' is a wonderful product, but I can't get down with their marketing tactics.. Last year their "marketing" team spammed this forum and BHM by using a number of "fake" members to PRETEND like they were making a product recommendation.. This is a personal choice for me.. Not knocking the product at all.. Like I said, I'm sure it's a great product.. I just didn't like the deception they chose to use when marketing the product.. I don't need to be bamboozled in order to sell product..

Edited by Divavocals - April 01 2008 at 10:54pm
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 8:37pm
looks good. thanks for the tip
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:52pm
thanx for the tip sweetie,i might need that for one of my yaki straight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic