Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Orange Lace and Knots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange Lace and Knots
    Posted: March 26 2008 at 9:13pm
CrySexi, I just sent you a PM but anyone can help me. I tried to be grown tonight and use a new coloring kit which turned my lace and knots orange. What can I do?

Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 10:15pm

Bump for you...I used Breh's suggestion to bleach my knots and I'm Thankful the lace didn't  turn.

ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 5:38am
Bumping for you too!!! I would like to know what to do also if this happens to me too.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 6:55am
try the rit's dye remover DIP! and/or color remover that you can purchase at the drug store to remove the orange coloring from the lace..and then you might have to get a rits color pen to make the lace a color closer to your skin to match for you..
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 9:21am
Sexi, i just left the drug store as you stated I purchased the rit dye remover and some rit color tan, am I able to use the rit tan color for the lace instead of the fabric pen or will I be doing too much
soulie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 4:53pm
I used the Nice and Easy Root Touchup Kit to re-darken my roots when I overbleached.  It has nice little brush which makes it easy to just get color where I want it.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by ShowStoppers ShowStoppers wrote:

Sexi, i just left the drug store as you stated I purchased the rit dye remover and some rit color tan, am I able to use the rit tan color for the lace instead of the fabric pen or will I be doing too much

yea lovely lisa did this with her units before using the tan color you might wanna pm her..

and Soulie yes that root touch up works when the bleach gets pushed thru the hole to the roots to dye them back..
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 6:10pm

Originally posted by soulie soulie wrote:

I used the Nice and Easy Root Touchup Kit to re-darken my roots when I overbleached.  It has nice little brush which makes it easy to just get color where I want it.

Good tip!!

Walk Softly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walk Softly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:34am

I remember reading somewhere, that the orange is a result of the bleach/lighter color not being left on long enough.  In this case, you would have to reapply a bleaching solution that is blue based or cool toned and leave on until the color lifts totally off.  Then you can use Soulie's tip of re-darkening the roots with a touch up kit and a mascara brush. .  .just be careful not to get the darker color on the lace or knots. Use vasiline to protect the Knots.  And be sure to deep condition to avoid breakage at the knots.   Just one more suggestion, hth!  Smile

griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 1:02pm
The root touch up kit will def. work for the knots
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2008 at 5:17am
I, too, tried to be grown and bleach the knots myself.  Angry

Now I'm off to the store to purchase rit dye remover.  Then cocoa rit dye. Wish me luck ladies. 
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2008 at 5:18am
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

Elaborate please.  Do you apply the dye from the touch up kit on the lace, knots or the hair in general? 

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2008 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Walk Softly Walk Softly wrote:

I remember reading somewhere, that the orange is a result of the bleach/lighter color not being left on long enough.  In this case, you would have to reapply a bleaching solution that is blue based or cool toned and leave on until the color lifts totally off.  Then you can use Soulie's tip of re-darkening the roots with a touch up kit and a mascara brush. .  .just be careful not to get the darker color on the lace or knots. Use vasiline to protect the Knots.  And be sure to deep condition to avoid breakage at the knots.   Just one more suggestion, hth!  Smile

This is very true.. It's a common mistake that newbies to bleaching make.. They see the hair going through the color transition, panic and rinse the bleach out too soon.. When bleaching dark hair, the color transformation goes through a few color transformation stages.. Orange is ONE level on the way to the blonde end of the color spectrum (which is what you want to achieve when you bleach knots)

Quote Bleaching hair effectively strips what appears to be our "natural" hair color, exposing the underlying pigment lurking beneath the surface.

Depending on how dark your hair is naturally, your underlying pigment could range from rusty orange to pale yellow.

Hair Coloring Formula

Virgin Hair

Underlying Pigment
+ Artificial Pigments

Underlying Pigment of Regrowth
+ Existing Artificial Pigments
+ Artificial Pigments in New Color

Step One - Identify Natural Haircolor Level

An international system is used to identify the level of darkness of your hair, 1 being the darkest (black) and 10 being the lightest (blonde). Match your hair (just the regrowth if it's previously colored) to the hair color swatch below that most closely resembles the darkness of your haircolor...not necessarily the tone, which could be warm(red), cool(ash), or neutral, but the degree of lightness or darkness.

Step Two - Identify Your Underlying Pigment

Click to enlarge
Hair%20color%20chart.

A hair coloring process that involves any amount of hydrogen peroxide (which can include some semi-permanent formulas) will bring out the natural underlying pigment of your hair.

The "natural looking" tone that's visible as your hair color is not the true tone when it comes to the chemistry of hair coloring. Think of it as a surface layer that's stripped away, and laying in wait underneath are the bold and brassy tones of your underlying pigment.

The chart above clearly illustrates which color of underlying pigment corresponds with the natural level you identified in step one. So now you know what you're dealing with.

Edited by Divavocals - June 22 2008 at 11:02am
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2008 at 10:59am
Originally posted by mslady mslady wrote:

Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

Elaborate please.  Do you apply the dye from the touch up kit on the lace, knots or the hair in general? 

A touch up kit is applied only to the roots..

I prefer to buy the hair color in the bottle and creme developer and apply with a highlighting wand. This way I can mix only what I need.

Either way, you want to be careful to not apply the color to the knots. Bleached hair is more porous, and will GRAB any color applied to it very easily..

Edited by Divavocals - June 22 2008 at 11:00am
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
*Mrs.Hoyle* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Mrs.Hoyle* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 12:05pm
So u put it to the roots ONLY for how long? I thought u was supposed to bleach the knots....Embarrassedlike, inside the cap...::tiptoes out due to embarrassment::
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by *Mrs.Hoyle* *Mrs.Hoyle* wrote:

So u put it to the roots ONLY for how long? I thought u was supposed to bleach the knots....Embarrassedlike, inside the cap...::tiptoes out due to embarrassment::
LOLLOLLOLYou do only bleach the knots, but on occasion the bleach may "creep" further into the root area of your unit than you may like.. So when this happens you would touch up the roots to restore the color..

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 4:10pm
THANKS DIVA I'M GOING TO BE ADDING THIS TO THE NEWBIE THREAD Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic