Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleach Knots a 3rd Time??? (Pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MeowAndPurr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeowAndPurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach Knots a 3rd Time??? (Pics)
    Posted: March 26 2008 at 9:50pm
My jacksun unit didn't have bleached knots like it was supposed to. I bleached them twice, the second time not much changed. I thought I was satisfied, but I still see tiny dots. They're not BIG, BLACK ANTS .. more like those little brown ants you can squish with your finger. Think I should try bleaching again?? Maybe with I higher volume Dev??

I was going to dry the Rits Dye Remover .. I read the newbie thread, but I still don't quite understand. If I turn the unit inside out and dip the cap, won't the roots lighten too?

Edited by MeowAndPurr - March 26 2008 at 9:52pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 6:50am
you've done it twice its not that bad looking at all.. i'd give it some time b4 i'd try it again, you don't want to burn them up by continuing over and over.. if you use the 3M77 to seal the knots and sally hansen what remains will be covered up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeowAndPurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 9:00am
thanks, girl!
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 9:43am
You are right about how to do the dip Meow. But the color will not lift so much as your roots will be different from the rest of the unit. It will not look like a bad dye job! Just dip in and out and you will see the color lifting. The Sally hansen will help with the rest of the knot issues though too as Sexi suggested.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeowAndPurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 3:20pm
Thanks for your help - I was kinda nervous about that. I'm STILL a little weary, but I'm going to take a leap of faith and give it a try.
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 6:25pm
You will be fine. I PM'd Sexi the first time I was doing the dip too and she helped me out with all my questions. Just follow the directions in the newbie thread and it will be ok!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic