Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color Variations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color Variations
    Posted: March 27 2008 at 10:21am
 Hi Ladies,

I am repairing one of my lfs and purchased some bulk #2 hair.  The unit I have is a number 2.  Why are they two totally different colors??? The unit I have is really dark brown but lighter than 1b.  The hair I bought is dark brown and lighter than the unit.  I don't think I can return it bc of the store's policy.  Should I try to dye the hair to make it match before the repair or should I repair it and then see what I'm working with?

Thanks
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 10:24am
hmm maybe its from 2 different suppliers ...  it might be possible to color after you repair your unit ... then you would have a better chance of an exact match for the two #2's
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 10:31am

If it were me I'd probably repair it then dye it so all the hair could be dyed together. However, your only concern would be if the different types of hair will receive the dye the same way. If you're willing to do subtle highlights or low lights to make the colors blend then go ahead and repair before coloring. If you're not willing to do this in the event the hair receives the color differently then I would color first to see if I could get the colors to match before repairing.

griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 11:26am
Maybe I will call the store and see if they'll exchange it for me.  It's unopened!  Hopefully they won't be difficult.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2008 at 2:57pm
b/c sometimes different vendor's colors are slightly different.. i love Kevincn's light yaki's but his colors are much lighter than what i'm use too. i almost always order or perfer a no. 2 but his no. 2's are like no. 4 or 6.. much lighter.. last i got one i had to dye it down ... so the next order i ordered a 1b and i had to dye it up!! so it depends even if their no. 2 isn't that light, they still tend to vary from vendor to vendor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic