Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mywigsandweaves.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
finelilmorena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finelilmorena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mywigsandweaves.com
    Posted: March 28 2008 at 11:36am
anybody order from there? how was your experience im thinking about getting a full lace wig from there...i was contemplating between them and california lace wigs. thanks ladies
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 11:48am
I haven't but i know some people who have and i 've heard good things about them.
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 11:51am
I ordered my first wig from them, it's $$$$ but it's so nice, they have a good customer service. I bought  the Tenza wig it's a wavy virgin malaysian hair, i bought it back in december, i wore it about a month and one weekend i removed my wig to do my hair treatment and I was washing it, I can't tell you what happened but all the middle part were tangled. I tried everything to detangle it, I was so upset that wig cost me $1500. Anyways to make a long story short, I sent it back to them for repair and it's been with them since end of january, they said it's gonna take 4 to 8 mths. So I had to buy a new one, after the money I spent I couldn't invest in more than 1, so now I have only one baby to work with and I wash it every weekend to reapply Angry.
Phylis told me that the wig has a warranty and that the fact that I put chemicals on it cancelled that warranty, if I hadn't tried to color it she woulda just replaced it (btw when I received it it was jet black so i tried to color it 2x but it wouldn't take the color), anyways I'm still waiting for them to send it back to me, in t he meantime I'll order 2 other lws from Jacksun.

Oh another thing if you buy a stock unit u will probably have to lighten the density, mine was too heavy around the hairline, and Sexi and Breh gave a method, so when I finally get it back, I will do that.

Which wig do u want to buy?

Edited by Senegalese - March 28 2008 at 11:53am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finelilmorena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 12:02pm
i want to buy capri custom full lace. i want to buy the optimum full lace but they are alot of money! im kind scared i wont like it. or something will go wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 12:28pm
The one I bought is an Optimum invisilace too, it's gorgeaous the lace is really undetectable. If you're really buying from them make sure you don't put chemicals on it so that if you end up having a problem they can replace it. They got a lot of good reviews though? Is this your first lw purchase? Maybe you can try the chinese vendors first?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 3:31pm
that's ashame you should have contacted phyllis.. i've gotten a unit from them a virgin indian straight never had one problem with it, and still got it, i think its about 2 years old.. no hair lost, just run a comb thru it one time and its done..
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 4:04pm

They were the first vendors that I purchased units from. I ordered a total of 2 which lasted for about 4 months altogether. The first unit I had from them was a hot mess after I washed it the first time. Now, with comparison to the other AV I believe they are very overpriced with the hair quality I received.

Just my opinion. 

butterfly3582 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly3582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 4:09pm
^^^ITA.  I ordered one unit from them and was very disatisified.  I ended up selling it as a beater about 6 months later.  The unit tangled to much for me. Like some cheap BSS hair.  It drove me crazy
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 4:12pm

I would definitely suggest going with California lace wigs instead. I have heard excellent reviews about her customer service and the hair quality besides the prices are a little cheaper.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 5:06pm
I know girl I was so upset, plus what bothers me is that I have to wait for them to send it back, I still don't know when I'll get it. All phyllis said was it's going to take 4 to 8 mths. So I will be patient, and hopefully when I get it back it'll be good.
Anyways you know what?? I managed to get my money back, I found that I had a purchase protection on the credit card I paid with, If you buy something and you lose it or break in within 90 days, you can file a claim and get the money back.
So I did that, and the credit card company sent me my check 3 weeks ago. So girls read the Terms and conditions of your cc, you never know it can be useful one day.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 5:17pm

wow i'm sorry to hear this b/c she was great for me.. but i've only order one and that was a while ago.. i've heard since some have had problems but i hadn't heard about hair going bad.. i'm glad you got your money back that's great! and good information to know about the credit card company refunding with credit protection..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finelilmorena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 7:24pm
this would be my first lw. im thinking about trying cv though. do u like cv or av more?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 4:47pm
Oh I love their wigs, I guess I was just unlucky, I still don't know what I've done to tangle that hair. But I wanna say I don't want anybody to think I wasn't happy with the service I received From Phyllis. I am just sad that I have to wait that long to get my lw back. I still think that their wigs look great even though they're pricey, but I ain't mad at them they need to get paid. Smile
But now that I know that the CVs sell high quality wigs for so much less than the price we pay the AVs, I won't be spending the amount of money that I spent on my first lw anymore.
NadiaPost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NadiaPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 10:38am
I bought my first unit from them I shelled out 600 bucks and when I recieved it yes it was nice but I could never get the application right. Then I found these hair forums and found out about chinese vendors. I felt like kicking myself once I found out I could of got a unit at a cheaper price with the same quality
sweetcarib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetcarib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 10:18pm
I have three units from mwaw and each one is of excellent quality. They have not shed and I would give them an A++. It was the first vendor I ever ordered from a few years back and never been dissappointed!
LAFashionDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAFashionDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2009 at 1:12pm
Girl, stay far, far away from mywigsandweaves!  I had a horrible experience with them.  When they sent me my order it was incomplete and missing items!  They never answered my calls and almost refused to send me what I paid for!!!  Not only that, but the unit was over priced and the quality was horrible.  The wig tangled after the first week and the hairline was just too wiggy.  Hundreds of dollars down the drain!  I learned not to deal with them the HARD way!  Girl, don't waste your time or money.  There's better wig shops out there! Dead
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2009 at 3:44pm
^^^first I find your description sort of hard to believe, "missing items and incomplete" what does that mean? They are a good vendor, i've ordered from them, and got a great quality wig.. and so was the hair, seeing they have their own wig master when MOST ALL AMERICAN VENDORS order from china.. now maybe you also didn't realize this thread is from 2008Confused
PamelaLee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PamelaLee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2009 at 7:39pm

my wigsandweaves is a bullshoot company... i would advise people not to order with them.... my unit was paid for on behalf of the alopica foundation.... I ordered my unit oct. 19.. and was promised to have it by november 23.. they charged me for over night shipping... but did not recieve my unit until 2day.. the wig is ugly color wrong,,, i strongly believe they gave me a unit that was already in stock... Pyliss(aka) Ann..  has a very nasty attitude... i want to send this piece shoot back... but i dont want to have to wait 4moths to get it replacedAngry 

theweaved1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theweaved1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2009 at 1:43pm

There are so many vendors offering quality wigs and poor quality wigs. Do you research.  I heard that Weaveology.com has great lace units and good prices.  The owner used to work for one of the popular mentioned companies on this site.

I love long hair!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic