Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moneyrgam/ Western Union

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moneyrgam/ Western Union
    Posted: March 28 2008 at 2:03pm
Ladies,  I have never used any of these services.  Can you tell me which one is better, cheaper?  What exactly do I have to do?  Credit card or debit card?  pls advise
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 2:48pm
well when i order with my debit card  i used it  just like a card card. type in your numbers on the front of the card ,then they are gonna ask u for the last 3 numbers on the back of the card .and that's it the only difference is the money gets taken out of your checking account when using a debit card . i think western union is

Edited by bigmomma - March 28 2008 at 2:50pm
BFF Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 2:59pm
Whether you go online or if you go to the store, MoneyGram is cheaper. If you go to a MoneyGram dealer, it costs $10 and online it is $13.99. WU is $20 either way (Ive never tried WU online).

You need cash if you are going to send money in person at a MG or WU dealer, but you can use credit/debit card online. I hope that helps (and makes sense)!Smile

Edited by BFF Princess - March 28 2008 at 4:00pm
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 3:04pm

Moneygram is way cheaper than western Union, sometimes when I send money Africa there's a difference of $20 between the two. you can do the simulation of the cost on both of their sites so that u can compare.

missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 3:49pm
i think you should go for moneygram online,its cheaper,faster than WU,
when i send money using WU the more money you send the more you pay,the last time i used it i sent 530$ and paid $60  using WU,
i know when you go the the WU Agent you only pay $14 but i couldnt wait,
i also sent the same night money using moneygram and paid $13.99 for the same amount.

the only con i found with moneygram is you can only send $500 per transaction per card,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic