Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI think I ready for my tummy tuck....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think I ready for my tummy tuck....
    Posted: March 30 2008 at 11:50am
But I am going to costa rica to have it done. Please share your thoughts if any?  I already know about the reaserch part. i have been wanting this for at least 10 years and now I am financially stable and can do it. http://www.cocori.com/library/life/med1.htm I would like to see all aspects.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 12:32pm
I saw specials on Dateline NBC and 20/20 about American women going there to get plastic surgery at a fraction of the cost it would be here in America. They said a lot of those surgeons have more experience than the American surgeons because women travel there from all over the world to get their surgery done. Besides that I don't know anything about it.

I would still recommend researching the specific doctor that will be doing your surgery. Also, will your medical insurance from the U.S. pay for hospital care in the unlikely event that you might have any complications over there? Will your regular medical insurance cover any follow-up care that might be required once you return home or will that be out of pocket?

Please keep me posted because I've been thinking about liposuction for a few years and if I were gonna do it I would probably want to go the same route you're going. 
Justgotbettermd View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 1:11pm
Be careful about going to foreign countries to have this procedure done.  I had mines done about 2 years ago.  The recovery was long and hard.  Also, why don't you log onto www.makemeheal.com it's a plastic surgery board, similar to this one that has tons of information.  I found this site so helpful, and the women were wonderful.

Good luck

Keep us updated
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 1:12pm
meechie ... girl im telling you this for you own good ... GO TO florida centre for cosmetic surgery !

.... stay away from thirdworld non english speaking countries for surgery ! ... i just had a girlfriend die in santo domingo 2 weeks ago from a heart attack after surgery .  
missmodesty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 1:34pm
girl please stay here,
you said your are financially stable,i would recommend that you use it as a proof to get a loan and then go to a reputable surgeon here in the US,its better and you know you are legally protected against any malpractice,
going over there is risky,even tho is cheaper,its your life that you have to preserve,your life and well being is much more important you know.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Justgotbettermd Justgotbettermd wrote:

Be careful about going to foreign countries to have this procedure done.  I had mines done about 2 years ago.  The recovery was long and hard.  Also, why don't you log onto www.makemeheal.com it's a plastic surgery board, similar to this one that has tons of information.  I found this site so helpful, and the women were wonderful.

Good luck

Keep us updated

Thanks for the info. I am a member her already. It is a great site.  I went here when I had my boobies done and I love it. 
checolatediva1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:00pm
You go for it girl. Make sure you say your prayers and the almighty will have your back. What is to be will be no matter where you have the surgery done. Put your trust in God. Good luck and God Bless. Please keep us abreast of you progress cause I am considering a little work as well.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

I saw specials on Dateline NBC and 20/20 about American women going there to get plastic surgery at a fraction of the cost it would be here in America. They said a lot of those surgeons have more experience than the American surgeons because women travel there from all over the world to get their surgery done. Besides that I don't know anything about it.

I would still recommend researching the specific doctor that will be doing your surgery. Also, will your medical insurance from the U.S. pay for hospital care in the unlikely event that you might have any complications over there? Will your regular medical insurance cover any follow-up care that might be required once you return home or will that be out of pocket?

Please keep me posted because I've been thinking about liposuction for a few years and if I were gonna do it I would probably want to go the same route you're going. 

These are excellent questions. I willposethem to mebership servces on MOnday. I  have Kaiser an who knows with them.  Also, I have always wante do go to costa rica and w it will be possible  to kll to bids with one stone. I would stay for about two weeks in a recovery hotel with nurses and a chef a maid.Way better than home. I am planning on spending about 6000 for sugery and trip together and have a great team of doctors. I will  keep you posted curly!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:03pm
Why not have a bunch of us go together can you imagine the savings?hmmmmm..........aint nothing wrong with a little nip/tuck among sistas!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by missmodesty missmodesty wrote:

girl please stay here,
you said your are financially stable,i would recommend that you use it as a proof to get a loan and then go to a reputable surgeon here in the US,its better and you know you are legally protected against any malpractice,
going over there is risky,even tho is cheaper,its your life that you have to preserve,your life and well being is much more important you know.
I know, this was very important to me as well. But I am protected there as well. I know that I  will be in the Lords hands and he will protect me and show me the way. Also they have guidelines as well as here in the US. It is important about a qaulity Doctor doing the surgery in a safe and sterile enviroment. Look at Kanye mom she died with a lot of money right here in the USA so yeah you never know. There are tons of places here in Cali but they want 10-11 thousand bucks. For less money I can get more. I promise I will reserach it throughly. I wil not have anything done until early summer 2009. This gives me tons of time to be surely positive.
loveangie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:43pm
Finally a topic I know something about ...

Hi, this is NOT a time to be bargain shopping!   I had my tummy tuck last April and just had a revision (the doc wasn't quite satisfied with his work so he made me a little flatter for free) in February so I'm still recovering one year later. A lot of surgeons charge their patients for revisions, but mine did not, which was really awesome. It's my body so I spared no expense.   Had I gone to "East Ja'blip", I wouldn't have had this option.

I havent't a need for a boob job but from what I've heard, it can't compare in severity to the recovery process of a full tummy tuck if that's what you're having.

Also, if you should have a negative outcome, what will your recourse be? Think about it please?

Good luck and God Bless.

Love Angie      

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by loveangie loveangie wrote:

Finally a topic I know something about ...

Hi, this is NOT a time to be bargain shopping!   I had my tummy tuck last April and just had a revision (the doc wasn't quite satisfied with his work so he made me a little flatter for free) in February so I'm still recovering one year later. A lot of surgeons charge their patients for revisions, but mine did not, which was really awesome. It's my body so I spared no expense.   Had I gone to "East Ja'blip", I wouldn't have had this option.

I havent't a need for a boob job but from what I've heard, it can't compare in severity to the recovery process of a full tummy tuck if that's what you're having.

Also, if you should have a negative outcome, what will your recourse be? Think about it please?

Good luck and God Bless.

Love Angie      

Thank you. That is a great question that stands here in the US as well. My Doctor gave me revisons on my breast as well. I had a reduction with a lift and liposuction on the sides. He is the best Doctor that  know. But he is from Kaiser and the procedure is not covered. As you stated Doctors dn't usaully do revisions at t no costto the patient unless they feel they did something to their disatisfaction. I clearly uderstand the risk, but I am looking for pro and cons. The only pro for the US is the ability to sue, what else is there?  I am open to all suggestions.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 4:34pm
hey meechie i say go for it.. i had it done in 2001, i've removed all signs of child birthing...LOL i'm a hottie now more than i was b4 i had kids.. i did a whole body make over right here in the US...i have a website i'll pm you my befores and afters and my whole experience i'm also a member of make me heal but also this is where i start on this board here and did all my research,  http://www.allaboutplasticsurgery.com/myforums/start/login.php?webtag=&msg=

i totally don't regret it at all.. i got the works all at the same times.. i took my high school picture and told my PS who was a woman who's a total perfectionist to give me my boobs back and she did.. i had BA/Lift, Full Tummy Tuck, UAL Lipo to Contour my upper, lower abs and flanks, plus a areola reduction b/c my nips where huge from all that breast feeding so now they are perfect silver dollars.. so i not only know about hair i know about this subject too.. really the hair was the end of my journey, i did my body, went to skin makeover, and then to hair..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 4:55pm

Wow Sexi! I never knew that! I had the boobs done in 2006 and some revisions in 2007. I loved it. I have got perky girls. They look great whether I have a shirt on or off. But when your tits are up you notice that your stomach is fat and way to big. I have lost weight. I was a size 24 and now I am a 14-16. I want fit a size 9-10. I still have a long way to go and this would be my last step. I am looking forward to this. Sometimes family and friends are not supportive they are often times negative. When my husband and I decided to get my breast done my family's reaction was like why you doing that? God made you this way? Your crazy, I aint letting nobody cut me! They even told me,  I was going to die! I still went through anyways, just in secret. Today, I would never allow any one to discourag me if I feel it is the right thing to do. I understand the risks, but I have had two kids, Two c-sections and lost alot of weight. I excersie, but those marks on my belly and it sags. So I am getting it done regardless, but I want feedback on destination plastic surgery. This costa rica thing sound super fantastic to me and I want to do it but I want to be fully aware of those risks associated with these procedures abroad.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by meechie2cute meechie2cute wrote:

Wow Sexi! I never knew that! I had the boobs done in 2006 and some revisions in 2007. I loved it. I have got perky girls. They look great whether I have a shirt on or off. But when your tits are up you notice that your stomach is fat and way to big. I have lost weight. I was a size 24 and now I am a 14-16. I want fit a size 9-10. I still have a long way to go and this would be my last step. I am looking forward to this. Sometimes family and friends are not supportive they are often times negative. When my husband and I decided to get my breast done my family's reaction was like why you doing that? God made you this way? Your crazy, I aint letting nobody cut me! They even told me,  I was going to die! I still went through anyways, just in secret. Today, I would never allow any one to discourag me if I feel it is the right thing to do. I understand the risks, but I have had two kids, Two c-sections and lost alot of weight. I excersie, but those marks on my belly and it sags. So I am getting it done regardless, but I want feedback on destination plastic surgery. This costa rica thing sound super fantastic to me and I want to do it but I want to be fully aware of those risks associated with these procedures abroad.

that's true i didn't tell nobody but my kids, and my friend she stayed with me over night.. i'm scurred of other countries so i'd do some research here, my surgeon is the bomb! that's woman is a miracle worker!  i didn't want my tummy flat and my boobs dropping down on that tummy and my boobs all perky and my gut sticking out.. i always had a gut even at a size 3 i hated it all my life.. so i took care of it totally, i had big boobs in high school but the boys sucked the life right out of them breast feeding i went from a 38 C cup to a 36 C cup after that.. so now i got the flat tummy and some DD's going on b/c usually implants are one size smaller than natural breast tissue and the projection isn't the same altho now they have these high, med, and low profiles to correct that but that was b4 my time...LOL and read on my website how IMPORTANT taking stool softner's 3 days prior to surgery b/c that's for real, those  med's will consipate you and nothing is worst than trying to do what you gonna do and can't after a tummy tuck that ain't funny at all..but doing homework is essential, just like i do the research on my hair, i did the same on the procedures i had, and i never had to do revision but on one scar on my left breast b/c i tore two small incisions there b/c i had to pull to get up from the tummy tuck that is hell to recovery, its hard but worth it so much..

Edited by sexibeach - March 30 2008 at 5:26pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 5:28pm
dang i'm so happy to see other black women getting all dolled up and having plastic surgery this is amazing to have something else in common and we can help each other with that as well.. ya go on with ya bad self.. LOL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 6:21pm

Yup. I was talking about it with my hubby again and we just sealed the deal. I just want a travel partner. I think I may have one...we will see.

meangirl76 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 6:59pm
Ladies, I am right behind you on this one...even at my thinest (6) I have always had an annoying pouch.

As soon as I pop these babies for hubby, its a wrap!
loveangie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 9:52pm

As you stated Doctors dn't usaully do revisions at t no costto the patient unless they feel they did something to their disatisfaction. I clearly uderstand the risk, but I am looking for pro and cons. The only pro for the US is the ability to sue, what else is there?  I am open to all suggestions.

Hi, Just let me quickly clear something up about revisions: It isn't that my doctor did anything wrong. Quite the opposite. We have an excellent rapport and he told me at my initial consultation that I may not get completely flat due to the shape of my abdominal muscles. I was thrilled with my results but he felt that I could get a little flatter. The cost was covered by my original surgery so it there was no additional charge and it was done in his office's surgery suite under local.   Many surgeons offer this in the right circomestances. Not having to buy a plane ticket for this is a "pro".

Another "pro" for the U.S. is the ability to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

By negative outcome and recourse I mean if anything unexpected should happen upon your return to the U.S., how would your post-operative care and any complications be handled?

By all means, trust God and fear not, but be ye also ready.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 7:45am
Originally posted by loveangie loveangie wrote:

As you stated Doctors dn't usaully do revisions at t no costto the patient unless they feel they did something to their disatisfaction. I clearly uderstand the risk, but I am looking for pro and cons. The only pro for the US is the ability to sue, what else is there?  I am open to all suggestions.

Hi, Just let me quickly clear something up about revisions: It isn't that my doctor did anything wrong. Quite the opposite. We have an excellent rapport and he told me at my initial consultation that I may not get completely flat due to the shape of my abdominal muscles. I was thrilled with my results but he felt that I could get a little flatter. The cost was covered by my original surgery so it there was no additional charge and it was done in his office's surgery suite under local.   Many surgeons offer this in the right circomestances. Not having to buy a plane ticket for this is a "pro".

Another "pro" for the U.S. is the ability to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

By negative outcome and recourse I mean if anything unexpected should happen upon your return to the U.S., how would your post-operative care and any complications be handled?

By all means, trust God and fear not, but be ye also ready.

Hey i'm wondering did you have a full tummy tuck that included your muscle work? i know that not all tummy tucks include the muscle work especially some of the mini tucks..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic