Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

silk base? invisible roots?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: silk base? invisible roots?
    Posted: March 31 2008 at 12:04pm

Please explain what a silk base on the crown means. I though that the only real options were french, silk, and thin skin. Any input on this matter would be appreciated.  Thanks ladies. 
madisonb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 12:20pm

this must be a new option.  A couple months ago i was shopping for a closure for my aunt, I was looking at the silk closure because it looked so realistic.  I know Bless- fixinheads.com has a yaky unit- Lindsay on her site that has silk base.  I think this was holly Zhang but here is what she told me about them- It seems like a very good idea for a more natrual look

www.WigsAndClosures.com <fulllacewigs@gmail.com> wrote:

<> <> _filtered #yiv745468967 { } _filtered #yiv745468967 { font-family:Verdana; } _filtered #yiv745468967 { } _filtered #yiv745468967 {margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;} #yiv745468967 P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE:10.5pt;MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";TEXT-ALIGN:justify;} #yiv745468967 LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE:10.5pt;MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";TEXT-ALIGN:justify;} #yiv745468967 DIV.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE:10.5pt;MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";TEXT-ALIGN:justify;} #yiv745468967 A:link { COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;} #yiv745468967 SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;} #yiv745468967 A:visited { COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;} #yiv745468967 SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;} #yiv745468967 SPAN.EmailStyle17 { FONT-WEIGHT:normal;COLOR:windowtext;FONT-STYLE:normal;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana;TEXT-DECORATION:none;} #yiv745468967 DIV.Section1 { }
Hello,

Please check my reply:

1. what is a silk based closure  ==silk is a different material than swiss lace.
  2. how is it different from the swiss lace.   =======it can be used to make hidden knots products..
  3. do you have a picture of the silk based closure  ==========enclosed please find some.

Best wishes!

Edited by madisonb - March 31 2008 at 12:31pm
happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 12:29pm
Thanks  madisonb.Smile
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 1:02pm
That does look nice the only thing I fear is that it will not match everyones skin tone. I think that would look good on lighter skinned people than the darked skinned also you will see a difference where the silk base meets the lace part so you may have to find a way to camouflage. Overall it does look very nice. 
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

That does look nice the only thing I fear is that it will not match everyones skin tone. I think that would look good on lighter skinned people than the darked skinned also you will see a difference where the silk base meets the lace part so you may have to find a way to camouflage. Overall it does look very nice. 
It is easy enough to dye this base to match your skin tone using a little tea, coffee, semi perm hair color, or even fabric dye... Most vendors DO NOT make these bases in darker skin tones because of this.. It is EASY to make the silk base darker.. It is difficult (almost impossible) to lift the color from one of these bases once it's been dyed. Mostly because it would be impossible to lift the color from the base without affecting the hair.

Edited by Divavocals - March 31 2008 at 1:44pm
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

It is easy enough to dye this base to match your skin tone using a little tea, coffee, semi perm hair color, or even fabric dye... Most vendors DO NOT make these bases in darker skin tones because of this.. It is EASY to make the silk base darker.. It is difficult (almost impossible) to lift the color from one of these bases once it's been dyed. Mostly because it would be impossible to lift the color from the base without affecting the hair.

Wow,thanks that is good to know.
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 2:06pm
Hmm. I may have to try this cap!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by madisonb madisonb wrote:

this must be a new option.
Actually this option has always been around, but it's not often seen/asked for.. The wigs I see at Extensions Plus are constructed this way..

Wow,thanks that is good to know.

Glad I could help..Tongue I know a vendor who ordered closures using this base and they ordered them MUCH too dark because they had the same concern as you.. I think it took them a while to get rid of these dark closures.. The lighter color is easy enough to darken, so it makes more sense for a vendor to stock the lighter tan base..
Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 4:12pm
wow
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 4:23pm
triple reverse knots are invisible knots, and some mono caps are also in silk as well.. i dont know how undetectable they can be as opposed to the super fine swiss tho...here's some triple reversed knots and they are invisible for real..

ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

triple reverse knots are invisible knots, and some mono caps are also in silk as well.. i dont know how undetectable they can be as opposed to the super fine swiss tho...here's some triple reversed knots and they are invisible for real..

Who does triple reverse knots other than lphair.com?
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:23pm

Those are nice...Wink
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by madisonb madisonb wrote:

this must be a new option.  A couple months ago i was shopping for a closure for my aunt, I was looking at the silk closure because it looked so realistic.  I know Bless- fixinheads.com has a yaky unit- Lindsay on her site that has silk base.  I think this was holly Zhang but here is what she told me about them- It seems like a very good idea for a more natrual look

www.WigsAndClosures.com <fulllacewigs@gmail.com> wrote:

<> <> _filtered #yiv745468967 { } _filtered #yiv745468967 { font-family:Verdana; } _filtered #yiv745468967 { } _filtered #yiv745468967 {margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;} #yiv745468967 P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE:10.5pt;MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";TEXT-ALIGN:justify;} #yiv745468967 LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE:10.5pt;MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";TEXT-ALIGN:justify;} #yiv745468967 DIV.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE:10.5pt;MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";TEXT-ALIGN:justify;} #yiv745468967 A:link { COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;} #yiv745468967 SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;} #yiv745468967 A:visited { COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;} #yiv745468967 SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;} #yiv745468967 SPAN.EmailStyle17 { FONT-WEIGHT:normal;COLOR:windowtext;FONT-STYLE:normal;FONT-FAMILY:Verdana;TEXT-DECORATION:none;} #yiv745468967 DIV.Section1 { }
Hello,

Please check my reply:

1. what is a silk based closure  ==silk is a different material than swiss lace.
  2. how is it different from the swiss lace.   =======it can be used to make hidden knots products..
  3. do you have a picture of the silk based closure  ==========enclosed please find some.

Best wishes!

Holly sent these pics?  That's funny I got some different ones and they didn't look like this...these look like Halley's but then to what do I know??Confused
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:31pm
i really think this technology belongs to american wig makers in hollywood, b/c there are some that say they do this as chinese vendor's but i seriously don't believe they do.. i believe they started this technique in hollywood for the realistic look in the major flim industry, so you'd be hard pressed to find a vendor that does for the amount of money we spend with them in china.. but i'm sure once it becomes more mainstream they will be offering this.. b/c i've discussed it with some of them and they aren't aware of the technique, i believe some chinese vendor's will tell you yea they do this b/c they want the business not b/c they actually do this.. Hair Illusions does this technique and you know they charge enough that you could buy a car for their prices.. but some chinese vendors do offer silk base caps for the construction of the wigs but they tell me its harder for them to venilate with the silk base b/c the holes are much smaller than the swiss lace..

Edited by sexibeach - March 31 2008 at 6:39pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:36pm

Mono is a different than these silk bases though.. Mono & silk mesh is still slightly transparent..
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:40pm
yes i know, my vendor tells me the silk caps are much harder to venilate b/c the holes are much smaller than the swiss lace, but it does hide the knots a little better b/c of that, but it doesn't compare to the triple reverse knots.. i bet the silk holds a little more heat too, than the lace.. just thinking of the pro's and con's.. altho the mono offers a silk mesh as well that is pretty transparent, the one mono top i had left little need for a wig cap so that was a plus for me.. even tho that website shows it as a UK vendor, its not posted as a mono silk top.. i just posted that to show the triple reverse knots technique.. Diva i bet your favorite vendor EP offers the triple reverse knots in their lf's.. with the TRK there's no need to bleach b/c the knots are completely invisible..

Edited by sexibeach - March 31 2008 at 6:50pm
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 6:59pm
Looks really nice....
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 7:05pm
what they do to make the TRK means the knots are hidden under the inside mesh( It has two pieces of mesh), and completely invisible, giving the impression the hair is growing out of the scalp.
lacey girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lacey girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:16pm
i know about this.. it's awesome!!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:35pm

i really think this technology belongs to american wig makers in hollywood, b/c there are some that say they do this as chinese vendor's but i seriously don't believe they do.. i believe they started this technique in hollywood for the realistic look in the major flim industry, so you'd be hard pressed to find a vendor that does for the amount of money we spend with them in china.. but i'm sure once it becomes more mainstream they will be offering this.. b/c i've discussed it with some of them and they aren't aware of the technique, i believe some chinese vendor's will tell you yea they do this b/c they want the business not b/c they actually do this.. Hair Illusions does this technique and you know they charge enough that you could buy a car for their prices.. but some chinese vendors do offer silk base caps for the construction of the wigs but they tell me its harder for them to venilate with the silk base b/c the holes are much smaller than the swiss lace..
Actually there are Chinese wig makers that also do wigs/closures on these silk bases. I have two clients who sell these types of closures (and wigs) and they are made in China.. Extensions Plus also has a Chinese factory who makes the stock closures and wigs for them using the silk base. (custom product is made here in Reseda, CA)

Your sources are right.. It is difficult to ventilate by hand hair into a silk base. However, these types of closures and wigs are not ventilated by the vendors I know of who are making them. The hair is machine injected into the silk base..

i bet the silk holds a little more heat too, than the lace.. just thinking of the pro's and con's.. altho the mono offers a silk mesh as well that is pretty transparent, the one mono top i had left little need for a wig cap so that was a plus for me.. even tho that website shows it as a UK vendor, its not posted as a mono silk top.. i just posted that to show the triple reverse knots technique.. Diva i bet your favorite vendor EP offers the triple reverse knots in their lf's.. with the TRK there's no need to bleach b/c the knots are completely invisible..
I can speak for the closures since I've worn them and relay to you a first hand wearers comment about the silk base wigs and heat.. They are no hotter than Swiss Lace. Remember silk is a VERY light and breathable natural fabric.. One of the girls who works there wears their wigs with the silk tops. She wears her wigs sewn-in, and she says that they are very light and not at all hot to wear.. Keep in mind this is the San Fernando valley, and in the summer time, it's get hot as HADES up in here!

I'm pretty sure that Extensions Plus does use the triple reverse technique in their wigs.. The knots looked invisible on the few full lace front wigs I've seen during my visits to Extensions Plus.. (They wouldn't really let me touch 'em since they were custom orders belonging to someone else)

Edited by Divavocals - March 31 2008 at 9:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic