Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm BACK from my CRUISE!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm BACK from my CRUISE!!!!!
    Posted: April 01 2008 at 8:26pm

Caribbean vacation!  sunny LF was awesome!!

This was my very first LF, so basically I'm writing this to the newbies who are questioning whether the LF will hold up while they're on vacation.  Yeah, I was worried about this, too.

I went on my Caribbean cruise vacation for 10 days!  I was a bit nervous since this is my first time wearing a LF.  Anyway, there was nothing to worry about.  I went scuba, snorkeling, hot-tubbing, swimming in the pool down the water slide, parasailing in the rain and the LF held up perfectly!  I put it into a pony tail whenever I planned the water sports to keep the hair out of my face.

We went on the cruise with 14 other friends from Canadacanada and everyone thought it was my real hair. They commented that they liked the color and highlights of MY hair.  I did confide in one girl and told her it was a LF wig and her jaw dropped and she said, "NOooooo!!!"jawdrop 

While in Miami we stopped by a massage therapist who also sold keratin extensions, and they tried very hard to get me to buy some extensions. They thought this was my real hair and they wanted to sell me some super long extensions in various colors. They would not let up on their sales pitch (even made me watch a video). I casually mentioned something about how I was reading about lace wigs, and they immediately told me that 'those things don't look real.'Confused  Hmmmm... and yet they were looking at my hair and touching it and didn't even know it was a lace wig!  HA!  Oh, yeah!  I had fun!!!

For my application I only used blue tape all around the perimeter. I cut the tape in half to make a thinner strip and stuck the strips all around the edge of the lace then applied to my head the day before I boarded the plane. On day four my nape loosened up a bit, and I just took the tape off completely and left it like that for a few days since I did not plan to wear a high ponytail. On day six the LF began to slip back a little on my forehead, so I removed the tape and re-applied it to my forehead. I didn't bring any glue with me; just my tape and a small pair of scissors.  I also brought a regular wig and another LF wig "just in case" but never took them out of the suitcase.

I brought my Aveda detox shampoo with me (to help wash any salt water and chlorine) and some leave-in conditioner.

I posted a few of the photos just to show how my hair looked the entire ten days!  I just yesterday removed the LF after 14 days of continuous wear. 

I am just SOOOOOO HAPPY this worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hooray

pics:  http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two/caribbean-cruise-08   

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 8:30pm

that's terrific i'm so happy for you i need a vacation too.. i'll check out your pictures tomorrow.. glad your back!Clap you know that don't work for everybody tho i went to las vegas the about 2 years ago that was serious business in the desert.. then last summer in south beach miami and that' was serious for me too i wasn't even there that long.. i didn't need to reapply but it was a gummy situation to say the least..

OMG YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL WAS A PRETY LADY YOU ARE..

Edited by sexibeach - April 01 2008 at 8:38pm
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 8:47pm
I LOVE your vacation pics and I'm glad to hear how well your app. held up. I really like the highlights in that unit. It looked very natural in all the pics. I can't believe the chics at the spa made you watch a hair extension video and had the nerve to to try and discourage you from trying lf's because they think they look fake Wink  They obviously didn't have a clue that wasn't your natural hair. Then again I wouldn't have had a clue either cuz it looks very natural.
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 8:58pm
beautiful pics   glad  to hear the vacation turned out well for u. love the hair u could have had me fooled too
LaceLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 9:36pm
You and your hair look fantastic.  Thanks for the pics.
roxynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 9:39pm
wow you look fantastic!  and your story is so encouraging for newbies like me
lohan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 9:45pm
Very Nice!

Edited by lohan - April 01 2008 at 9:46pm
soxgirl119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soxgirl119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 9:56pm
looking good mama
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 10:00pm
You were killing it on vacation!! Tongue You look absolutely gorgeous in your unit. Great style: simple, but classy. Thanks for sharing your pics.
MsLiberty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2008 at 11:49pm
Beautiful!!! Glad everything worked out for you and looks like you had a GREAT time.Tongue
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 12:33am
Beautiful!!!!! It looks like you guys had a blast!!! The hair is amazing!!!
B-licious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B-licious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 12:37am
YOU ROCKED IT!!!!!!!!!!
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 9:34am
Gurl your hurr is nice and natural looking, but who is thinking about the hair when you looking ALL good in that bikini! You worked it!!
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:22am

Thank you, Ladies, for your comments!!!  Makes me feel GOOD!Tongue

This was a stock unit from California Lace Wigs.  She is "Damita" 18 inches, color #4/6 with #27 highlights.  I prefer hair with some color since dark hair tends to make me look older.  And I'll be 50 years old this year, so I don't need to look OLDER!!!

newtolacewigs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newtolacewigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 1:33pm
You looked great on vacation!! I love the hair color.
2honest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2honest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

Thank you, Ladies, for your comments!!!  Makes me feel GOOD!Tongue

This was a stock unit from California Lace Wigs.  She is "Damita" 18 inches, color #4/6 with #27 highlights.  I prefer hair with some color since dark hair tends to make me look older.  And I'll be 50 years old this year, so I don't need to look OLDER!!!

Wow you will be 50, WELL GIRL you look AWESOME!!! Hair, face and body.
I am glad you enjoyed yourself.

I just got back from Caribbean vacation as well and my lf held it down like nobodies business. I did just about everything you did. When I came up from out the water it was like a sexy sports illustrated beach picture ( you know the ones with the ladies coming up out of the water hair nice and wavy pretty glistening off of your nice tanned skin).. Yeah that was me.
My BF was like wow, I think I like this lf thing.. He doesn't have to worry about me saying  "UH Uh I am not about to get in that water and mess my hair up".
I tell you lf are my new best friend. I know I will be wearing them for at least the rest of this year.
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:28pm
Go girl, you great and like you had a blast.
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:30pm
looks good ... i wish that blue tape would hold like that for me ...
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 4:04pm
i love your hair on all the pictures,it look so natural and you did have a blast!!
you look fabulous for your age!!

i love how they mixed the colors on your hair.this is so cute
relentless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relentless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 4:27pm
Damn gurl you was killing them, hair, body, skin,  makeup!!!!! You go Gurl!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic