Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which cap do you like?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 5:59pm
Full lace, no stretch, no pu.  I shave my head so no need for extra room.  No pu, want unit to look as realistic as possible when I wear parts or do a half up style...
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 6:29pm
Thank you ladies for answering my questions.  You all are great!!! The reason I asked is because when I placed my order my vendor made my caps with the full lace with stretch no pu  (I didn't ask for that cap) and I wasn't sure if people would like that cap. It was my first time seeing that cap in person and I really liked the construction. I liked that it looked like scalp pretty much everywhere and the other kind with the stretch panel and pu does not. Now I see that you all like that cap style I feel better. I now need order a few with the stretch and pu (just a couple) and some of the all lace caps no stretch. Okay keep em coming. Keep chiming in.
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by charmed charmed wrote:

what is the purpose of the PU?  I have not figured that out.  It definitely detracts from the natural hairline aspect.  Folks look dead up in your head if that strip is there.  Never quite understood it.
me neiter
i really need to know what it is for and if its really that undetectable.Confused
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 7:13pm
with some vendor's if you don't request no PU you'll get it, so with some of them that's important information to know.. some automatically don't do PU so it depends on who your dealing with..
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 7:28pm

Hey Breh,

I def. prefer units withut the PU.  I think no stretch would be nice, but I'm not confident enough in my measuring for that yet.  Also, if I get tired of applying the nape, I sew in clips.  My pref. would be full lace, stretch ear to ear, no PU.  I think the mistake was a blessing in disguise.  I had one with a pu strip and it got gooey and turned yellow after a while.

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 8:07pm

So far my preference is swiss lace WITH the pu strips and either the undetectable stretch in the middle or stretch from ear to ear. I prefer this so far because:

1. The stretch stops it from pulling at my nape so much.

2. The ear to ear stretch puts less pressure above and behind my ears so it's a lot more comfortable.

3. Tape strips REALLY hold on to the pu strips and makes my app feel more snug which is important to me because I work in a field where I could be throwin them thangs with somebody at a moments notice boxer Getting your wig ripped off in the middle of a fight is just NOT the move.

Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

Hey Breh,

I def. prefer units withut the PU.  I think no stretch would be nice, but I'm not confident enough in my measuring for that yet.  Also, if I get tired of applying the nape, I sew in clips.  My pref. would be full lace, stretch ear to ear, no PU.  I think the mistake was a blessing in disguise.  I had one with a pu strip and it got gooey and turned yellow after a while.

Yeah, I was worried about the cap but now I do see it as a blessing. It just amazes me how things work out.
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:25pm

Hey  Breh

For me     it 's #  4  Because I have all Hell with the Nape.  

#4.lace front with adjustable straps.

Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:36pm
Angry
Originally posted by Asia35 Asia35 wrote:

Hey  Breh

For me     it 's #  4  Because I have all Hell with the Nape.  

#4.lace front with adjustable straps.

Girl, me too. The nape is the devil it never cooperates for me so I just don't bother anymoreAngry
Crimsonsugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 11:25pm
Lace with stretch ear to ear and no p.u.
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 7:32am
ok Breh...i dont know what PU means (dont laugh) but I know my nappy head needs some stretch at all times.
JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:08am
Since I am new to the game I feel comfortable with the french lace with stretch from ear to ear.  I will graduate to a lace with no stretch because I want to be able to rock two pony tails just like my baby girl (just kidding about the pony tails)although very tempting.
satinbeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satinbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 3:26pm
What is PU? I think I have it!
mocha78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocha78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 3:42pm
I need to know what pu is as well.  I ordered a unit with stretch from ear to ear which I need cuz of my big ole dome.
charmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 5:53pm
pu is polyurthane (sp?) strips.  they are sometimes found around the back or they are used to strengthen (I guess) the point where the stretch lace is inserted.  when I bought my first couple of wigs there was a strip across the front and it did nothing!!!!! just made me self conconcious (sp) and it was noticable.
Tricey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 6:10pm
Full Lace  all day
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 6:30pm
full lace, no  stretch, no pu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic