Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Selling used wigs no-no's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 3:53pm
lmao...next time someone does this you should send it back!
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

Wow, yeah, I would think selling a CLEAN used unit would be common sense.  But, again, I guess there may be some who just don't know this.  So this post is a very good reminder for the clueless.  Perhaps it should be a sticky, or posted under the newbie-clueless thread.

I purchased a used unit not too long ago, and it came nicely packaged, fresh and clean.  I guess if I decide to buy another used unit from someone, I should drop little hints like, "Ummm, you're gonna wash it, right?"Confused

So true LOLLOLLOL
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Shonita24 Shonita24 wrote:

Wow, yeah, I would think selling a CLEAN used unit would be common sense.  But, again, I guess there may be some who just don't know this.  So this post is a very good reminder for the clueless.  Perhaps it should be a sticky, or posted under the newbie-clueless thread.

I purchased a used unit not too long ago, and it came nicely packaged, fresh and clean.  I guess if I decide to buy another used unit from someone, I should drop little hints like, "Ummm, you're gonna wash it, right?"Confused

So true LOLLOLLOL

LOLWink  But oh so sad that we would even have to ask that.....ShockedSleepyAngry
Tricey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 5:32pm
I guess common sense ain't so common. 
charmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 5:32pm
may I add to this?

1.  dont mis communciate the condition of the unit (hair length, condition, cap condition etc.)
2.  dont charge an arm and a leg when you know it is worth $50 and actually you should be giving it away.

I bought a unit from someone and when I received the wig there were holes in the lace, the hair was coming out, it had been dyed (that was not mentioned) it was much shorter than described and she charged me $185 for a very used wig vs a gently used item.  I was steaming mad and I addressed her behind the scenes. 

Ladies beware that there are people that are selling units cause they are trying to get up some bill money.  I don't have issue with that BUT if it's crap dont try to jerk me!

Edited by charmed - April 03 2008 at 5:32pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by charmed charmed wrote:

may I add to this?

1.  dont mis communciate the condition of the unit (hair length, condition, cap condition etc.)
2.  dont charge an arm and a leg when you know it is worth $50 and actually you should be giving it away.

I bought a unit from someone and when I received the wig there were holes in the lace, the hair was coming out, it had been dyed (that was not mentioned) it was much shorter than described and she charged me $185 for a very used wig vs a gently used item.  I was steaming mad and I addressed her behind the scenes. 

Very good tips Charmed. And may I say, your conduct in addressing her 'behind the scenes' is very classy and extremely mature. Clap
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 5:59pm

.....  So this post is a very good reminder for the clueless.  Perhaps it should be a sticky, or posted under the newbie-clueless thread.

Bwaaahaaaaa! I love the 'clueless thread' idea! this could seriously work. I know it's really not funny...but this just had me laughing!!!LOL
charmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 5:59pm
thank you, and let me correct myself she did tell me it had been dyed (this was 2006) but what she didn't say was it was spotchy and all over the lace... so my bad, if I am goning to tell it please let me tell it right!

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 6:02pm
i will make a note in the newbie thread b/c believe it or not this is not the first time a list of this type has been posted.. as well as buying online too, i'll try to compile them..
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 6:18pm

you know i really haven't had a problem with the ickyness that some have stated on used wigs.  i have purchased like 4 used units and the only thing that may have been wrong was the miscalculation of the size.  but that was even ok cuz i usually use  the used/beater wigs for frankenstein units anyway.

the way i get around the negative on used units is when i first get them, i clean them ASAP.  that is not a flexible option, its mandatory.  i shampoo them with SM mixed with some barbicide to kill any germs or other things left on the used unit from the previous owner.  oh, and lets not forget to say a nice, long prayer over that baby before you even put it on.  SATAN IS A LIAR!

missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 6:29pm
this is totally disrespectful from the seller,
i bet she wont be pleased if she received a nasty dirty wig,so why do that to someone else.

Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 7:05pm
Thats just low down and DIRTY, yeah and to think you trusted you would at least get a clean unit. Some folks are just nasty..
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:33pm
I gotten both clean and not so clean.  I just shampoo and conditioner it before I go work on it.   
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:41pm
well i put it in the newbie thread along with information on how to buy a lf online from a seller as well..
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 8:48pm
um um um
Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 9:42pm
That's really gross for someone to send a used wig in that type of condition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic