Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Selling used wigs no-no's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling used wigs no-no's
    Posted: April 03 2008 at 7:35am
Hello Ladies,

I'm starting this topic as an etiquette type of thing.  I'm a member of several hair boards and recently purchased a used unit from one of the members, who that person is is not important.  However, what is important are basic etiquette things that should be done when selling a used unit:

1.  Remove all adhesive from the unit.  If you can't remove all the adhesive after at least making the attempt to do so, make the buyer aware of this beforehand.

2.  WASH and CONDITION the unit before you mail it out.  Don't take the unit off your head, stuff it in a package as is with all the hair products you had on it, grease, dirt etc and ship it out. 

3.  Make some attempt to package the unit nicely.  When you received the unit brand new, it came to you with the hair netting and a plastic bag.  Comb the unit or at least show that you wanted to send a good product.

Even if the unit is a beater, there is no excuse to send a nasty, dirty unit to someone.  What's nasty and dirty is reaching into the package and grabbing hold of a greasy mess that you have to immediately drop and wash and sanitize your hands.

Thanks ladies.
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 7:44am
Thank you so much for posting this... Clap
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 7:48am
Uhggg crap that stinks!

It's unfortunate that this even needed to be a topic because these things should be obvious.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Uhggg crap that stinks!

It's unfortunate that this even needed to be a topic because these things should be obvious.

You're right.  I think it's just common courtesy to sell a "clean" product.  The first time it happened to me, I wrote it off as the person being in a hurry to send it to me as I got it the very next day after sending the money.  But this is the second time I bought a used unit that came to me filthy.  The kicker is that it took this person almost three weeks to send the unit to me, which was plenty of time to do basis stuff to it.Angry
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Uhggg crap that stinks!

ITA!!

2honest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2honest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 10:24am
That's just GROSS!!! That should be common sense but in this day and age sense doesn't seem to be a common trait people carry.
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 10:44am
OMG, PrincessLF I needed this laugh  LOL  Thanks for posting
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 11:53am

Girl you better boil it! lolLOLLOLLOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 12:10pm
Gurl, I currently have the unit soaking in shampoo, a teensy bit of fabric softener and water.  It's been soaking since Tuesday.  I've changed the water two times and the water is still dirty brown.  I still can't believe someone would send a unit in that kind of condition.  No more used units for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 12:15pm
Did she use Rit Dye on the Lace.  This may be the brown you see.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 12:17pm
Isn't it unsanitary to wear a used LF?

I have never bought one used before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 12:33pm

Technically, yes, it is unsanitary.  But, I have purchased a total of 4 used units.  The first two that I purchased were obviously well cared for and were clean when I received them.  The last two, well, you already know about them.  I would buy used units from the first two ladies that I purchased from again, but beyond them, no more used units. 

I don't know if she used Rit Dye on them.  There was certainly no mention of her using it.

Edited by PrincessLF - April 03 2008 at 12:33pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 12:37pm
LOL OK, I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but this is funny and terrifying at the same time. That's sheer laziness and pure disrespect to sell someone a product like that! I'm really sorry you had to experience that.
candygrl2467 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candygrl2467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 1:13pm
I think it is common sense but common sense is not so common
I would have sent it right back to her. That's disgusting. In the pics next time ask to see a pic of the lace from the inside out. i.e the entire cap in a high definition picture.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 1:17pm
Actually, I did see pics of the unit before I sent my money and the unit was clean from what I could tell in the pictures, no traces of adhesive. I still have the pics and I had to look at them again to make sure it was the same unit.  I looks like the same unit, just dirty.  I guess she decided to wear it again before shipping which would explain why it took three weeks for me to get it.

Fakeizme - Gurl, you can't help but to laugh at this situation.  LOL I'm still in shock over it.  I started this post so other's won't get that type of shock when they receive their package with a used unit. 

Edited by PrincessLF - April 03 2008 at 1:18pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 1:24pm
THAT'S  ABSOLUTE LOW RENT to send a soiled unit to somebody, please clean it up even it if is a beater..dang why you gotta tell somebody that... LOL
candygrl2467 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candygrl2467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 2:30pm
^^^ITA its like ummmmm I thought that was common practice.
And princess i dont know what to tell you. I dont understand why she did that. Do you still want it? What was her stance regarding refunds? 
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 2:52pm

Well I purchase used/beater all the time  for practicing  from application to bleaching, etc. I like when  the seller  is 100% TRUTHFUL.   I still s/c only I recievee.

Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 3:09pm
It's about treating people how you want to be treated (but some folks still don't know)!!!!!LOL
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2008 at 3:43pm

Wow, yeah, I would think selling a CLEAN used unit would be common sense.  But, again, I guess there may be some who just don't know this.  So this post is a very good reminder for the clueless.  Perhaps it should be a sticky, or posted under the newbie-clueless thread.

I purchased a used unit not too long ago, and it came nicely packaged, fresh and clean.  I guess if I decide to buy another used unit from someone, I should drop little hints like, "Ummm, you're gonna wash it, right?"Confused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic