Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair ribbons...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair ribbons...
    Posted: November 02 2002 at 12:16am
Petite Tina mentioned scarves. My beautiful wife has her hair cut ultra-short and loves to wear headscarves wrapped around her head, but women with longer hair also look very sexy with their hair tied back in a bun or ponytail by a scarf, or wearing their hair up with a scarf or wearing a scarf in their hair! Very sexy!
petite Tina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petite Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2002 at 5:20pm
Hair ribbons are great, so are silk or chiffon scarves.I often tie my long hair back with a scarf!
rina-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rina-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2002 at 12:18pm
Hey everyone,

I`m updating too...I wore mine to school too, and I got a lot of compliments! I`m so happy about that. I`m going to wear one everyday from now on! Anyone who`s thinking of trying it, just go for it, because it`s a nice way to dress up a casual outfit.

Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2002 at 2:54am
COOL! I`ll have to read up on that one again...
As far as the ribbon experiment, it went over well! This one girl made fun of me and asked me if my mommy did my hair for me, but, well shes not one of those people whose opinions you really care about, so... Anyway, my boyfriend said that he thought it was cute, and I got some weird (but not necessarrily bad) looks from a couple people. I`m going to pick up another ribbon or two and try them in different ways, altho I`m getting my hair cut tomorrow and I`m not sure how it will take to ribbons after that...
Hope you guys are gonna try it!
...Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth- For your love is better than wine.....Draw me away!
Ingrid
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2002 at 2:57pm
Hi Ingrid

Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.

Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?

Yes - the quotes above and in my signature are from the Song of Songs (also called Song of Solomon).

It is intense, spiritual and erotic....and I LOVE IT.

There is a great site that gives you the Keys to the Song: www.ldolphin.ord/ssong.shtml

Enjoy.

Love

Uzma
Uzi

Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2002 at 1:53pm
Hey Uzma! Where did you get that quote from? Is it from the Song of Solomon or somewhere else? Anyway, I like it!
Love, Ingrid
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2002 at 1:25pm
I plan on braiding a satin ribbon into my hair once it is long enough.......and I`m way older than 17 (hehehe)
Uzi

Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2002 at 1:20pm
Cool! I`ve got a blue ribbon with a little bow on the top that I used to wear when I was like 10. I tried it on and I think it looks cute... Im gonna wear it to school tomorrow. Somebody`ll probably laugh at me but oh well...a couple years ago people laughed at feathered hair and now half the girls at my school have theirs feathered, so you never can tell. I`ll let ya know how it goes over.
Love ya,
Ingrid
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2002 at 10:18pm
It`s not uncommon where I go to school. A number of girls wear them especially on hot humid days.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
SnowWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnowWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2002 at 9:35pm
I like tying a ribbon around the end of a braid or French braid. I don`t think that is childish. I think it would be fine to use a ribbon as a headband too or around a ponytail...especially as a high school or college student where you could wear school colors and go to a football game for example.
?/35.5/ tailbone
curly hair
<><
rina-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rina-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2002 at 12:57pm
Hey Ingrid, I agree with everything you said...I know how it feels to want to look older because I`m 17 and regularly get mistaken for a 13 year old! But I`m gonna forget that and buy one this weekend. I`m glad somebody else thinks it`s a good idea. Let`s start a new trend!

http://www.jordysworld.de/emoticons/per18.gif">
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2002 at 11:27am
I`m glad you asked that! I don`t know why girls don`t wear ribbons anymore- I guess they might look kinda childish, and everyone wants to look older than they really are (until you get to 25 or 30, and then you want to look younger!). I never had the guts to wear them, but I would kinda like to...I think they`re very cute and feminine. I used to wear them when I was younger. Tell you what... if you go ahead and wear one, then I will too. Let me know if you`re game, OK?
Love, Ingrid
rina-chan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rina-chan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2002 at 9:09am
Hi everybody,

what do you all think of hair ribbons? Like, if you saw a girl wearing a ribbon in her hair, what would you think? Is it old-fashioned or childish? I`m asking because of something someone (Rebecca)posted on one of my other threads, and I thought it might look cute and different.

TIA!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic