Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated (question) Late Night Hair Crack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updated (question) Late Night Hair Crack
    Posted: April 06 2008 at 10:22pm
Hi Ladies,

*Update:  How the heck do I keep it looking like it does below??? When it dried it got poofy and looks suspect around the part.  I was thinking of trying seb. wet.  I know it's a product issue cause it looks great wet.  I read the thread about the curly products, but I don't want to buy them all.  I need to keep it weighed down.

Here are some pics of me in the bodywave that I dyed yesteday.  The hair is chinese hair and it is as soft as butter.  A warning though...I have on absolutely no makeup, a huge sweatshirt, and the hair is wet! I love the reverse vent. babyhairs...THANKS BREH!!!!

Any critiques are welcomed!

Edited by griff - April 07 2008 at 10:01am
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 10:38pm

That's really pretty and I am LOVING that baby hair. It looks really fine and thin like real baby hair.

I also like the density of the unit. It's perfect Thumbs%20Up Did you thin it out or did it come like that ?
B-licious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B-licious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 10:40pm
Griff,  That is some pretty hair.
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 10:41pm
Thanks CG!

You know Breh is a guru, so it came just like this.  The only thing I did was darken it cause I'm scared of anything lighter than a 2.  It is a lace front, so it was easy to apply.
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 10:45pm
Thanks B!  Hey B, your make up is fierce!  How did you learn to do that?  Are you a model?
prettyandbrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyandbrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 11:13pm
Please tell me how you got that flawless application. Simply beautiful!!!!!!!!
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 11:18pm
Thanks P&B!

I used proflex tape tabs cut into threes up to my temples and invisbond glue on the top.  The back had adj. straps.  It was easy and I realized that all of the other lfs I've had weren't the right size!
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 1:38am
Hey Griff,

Girl you look great. I'm glad you like the lfs. I wasn't wearing them. They were just laying around so I might as well send them to a new mommie. Tongue 
Hey Curlygirl, I thinned the unit out a long time ago. It was light to medium, density but was still too thick.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 6:20am
beautiful i love it, and it looks so natural!Clap
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 7:51am
it looks so natural. very nice app
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 8:19am
girl u r working that
JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 8:29am
Beautiful hair and appClap.  I am loving the baby hair, very natural.
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 8:53am
That looks fantastic on u, so natural .   Please tell who the vendor is, oh what lenth is that   
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:03am
ClapClapGriff that baby is just gorgeous, and your app is flawless.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

Hey Griff,

Girl you look great. I'm glad you like the lfs. I wasn't wearing them. They were just laying around so I might as well send them to a new mommie. Tongue 
Hey Curlygirl, I thinned the unit out a long time ago. It was light to medium, density but was still too thick.

Breh you did a GREAT job thining that unit. Clap That density make it look even more natural.
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:02am
bump with new ques...
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Hey Griff,

Breh you did a GREAT job thining that unit. Clap That density make it look even more natural.

Thanks. It was just too thick and I cut a new hairline in that one too and created the baby hairs. That one came to me with no temple so I just got to work basically. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:27am
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

bump with new ques...

Different people prefer different products but I personally don't believe in putting too many products on my curly units. It just makes them tangle faster and can start to make them look poofy. All you need to do is use a spray bottle to re-wet the hair all over then rub a small amount of Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine through it. You can buy it at the grocery store. By little I mean just 1 pump for your whole head and concentrate on the ends or wherever you got the poof factor going on. That's it. Then just leave it alone and let it air dry. The hair will be very sleek soft and manageable once it's dry. It won't look greasy or get hard like some products can do. It will just look natural and healthy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:31am

Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Hey Griff,

Thanks. It was just too thick and I cut a new hairline in that one too and created the baby hairs. That one came to me with no temple so I just got to work basically. Wink

WOW !! Your work is flawless. I already know how to create my own baby hairs thanks to you but I've never cut a new hairline. I might have to try that on one of my old units. I'll be glad when you get your business up and running cuz I can't wait to buy from you. I LOVE to see a sista doing her thang and doing it well. You put your foot into Griff's unit.Clap

Edited by Curlygirl11 - April 07 2008 at 10:32am
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:34am
I like it... and I love that baby hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic