Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kevincn Chinese Virgin Remy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
divadee62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divadee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kevincn Chinese Virgin Remy
    Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:56pm
I stepped outside of my comfort zone and ordered a stock unit from Kevincn. I'm beginning to think something is "amiss".

*sigh*

Ladies any of you who are familiar with Kevincn's units and his cap construction...can you take a gander at my sweetheart "Divac" and tell me if this is his typical?

http://public.fotki.com/divadee62/misc/kevincn-chinese-vir/
p/w: kevincn

Thanks in advance!

kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:10pm
wow....that looks weird. havent ordered from Kevin before but the cap construction looks weird.
divadee62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divadee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:30pm
yeah that's what I thought. the hair is beyond beautiful, just gorgeous beautiful hair...but this cap...i just don't know. I think this might be my first "not so good" purchase. :-( 
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:38pm

Those are darts built in to the cap.  I have seen them in certain caps and don't mind them at all since I prefer non stretch.  I can't tell from looking, but are they made of stretchy material?  Maybe thats his way of adding a little stretch to the cap without sewing in a stretch panel.  I'm not sure since I've yet to order from him.  Does it fit?  The hair looks beautiful so I wouldn't be too worried about it if the fit and quality are good.  But yes, I agree it is "different."  Hope you can work with it...Good luck!

divadee62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divadee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:43pm
the darts don't seem stretchy but overall the unit fits, but the "extra lace" and cap construction i.e. the little triangle pieces on the sides are what's getting me. I'm just getting myself worked up. I won't know until I try to apply it, I'm just not as optimistic as I was when I first got the unit.

I need to do a search for his cap to see if anyone else has pictures of their units from the inside out.
checolatediva1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checolatediva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:49pm

Don't want it? Let me have it girl. Just beautiful

divadee62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divadee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 11:15pm
whoa whoa whoa checolatediva1....don't be so hasty lol I'm asking for support not a hair-jacking! lol I'm loving loving loving the hair but I'm perplexed about the cap.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:24am
i have two no chinese virgin from him but i'd like to... sometimes he doubles the lace up to make it more durable...
charmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:20am

I have seen that cap consturtion several times to answer your question the wig is constructed in 3 parts and the "stretch" may not be what you are normally accustomed to seeing.  I have seen a finer version of stretch that does not look like what most use and that may be what is in the middle panel of the wig.  re the construction I love the darts, Kevin has one of the best cap constuctions out there (imo). 

Edited by charmed - April 08 2008 at 6:23am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:29am
Originally posted by charmed charmed wrote:

I have seen that cap consturtion several times to answer your question the wig is constructed in 3 parts and the "stretch" may not be what you are normally accustomed to seeing.  I have seen a finer version of stretch that does not look like what most use and that may be what is in the middle panel of the wig.  re the construction I love the darts, Kevin has one of the best cap constuctions out there (imo). 

i totally agree and the venilation is excellent and NEVER, I MEAN NEVER has his cuticles not been aligned.. now if you can't give him credit for nothing else i give him big credit for that.. b/c is a rare find!
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 10:17am
um i might have to order from him.
divadee62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divadee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 11:03am
Thanks Sexi for responding. Ok now I feel a bit less stressed after reading everyone's posts. I will be sure to post pictures after. 
divadee62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divadee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 11:04am
Charmed, I appreciate your feedback. This is my first time with the vendor and I was concerned about the cap. From the feedback received, looks like I just need to wear it and wear it well! 
charmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 11:13am
divadee does the middle panel "stretch"?  does it look like the lace on the front perimeter?
unbeweavable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unbeweavable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 12:44am
That is his normal cap construction and I have numerous wigs from him and there should be no problem with wearing it unless he puts the darts too close in the front (which in your pictures he did not)  your wig looks fine to me. It is my understanding that the lace itself is stretch lace altho it really doesn't have any give at all but I always ask for the stretch lace and it looks like that. 

The other thing is that i tried for a while to get a virgin unprocessed hair  for my wig from him and to this day i am unsure if he even knows what that is because what he sent is not the same virgin that im used to so I  normally just send him the hair for my wigs.
TressaMagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TressaMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 6:34pm
THAT IS SOME AWSUM LOOKING HAIR CHILE , ,flip it over and work it!  Wow that sho sho is sumpn purrrrty!! Bu - Bu I want that you shouldn't worry about the cap.  I totally understand your distress and discomfort with the stylecathug   So I came in to to heft . . uh uh uh I mean Help you and ask you to send it to me, I mean sell it to me! Okay yeah that's what I mean then you can order a cap that makes you more comfortable while I sling ,er  uhm send it back for you /  Saving you the  . .er trouble . .oh just whipgive it me so I don't have to whup you for it!!  So pretty (sigh)

Edited by TressaMagic - April 09 2008 at 6:39pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2008 at 6:44pm
yes that hair is beautiful!!! the unit i lusted after was his and it was a virgin chinese and i've got two light yaki's from him b/c he's a yaki man who started the technique and i have indian and chinese and they have never needed a bleach bath ever cuticle aligned. but i might have to go ahead and get a virgin chinese from him b/c i've always wanted one from him.. his english is broken i usually have to post what he says to me to get a translation to understand what he's saying but in all its worth it.. you just have to be careful how you say stuff to him..
Kynkichyck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kynkichyck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:27am
Thumbs%20Up
I am convinced....I'm gonna order my new custom CVR from him
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic