Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not LF topic,,but didn't no where else to go,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
alabamakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not LF topic,,but didn't no where else to go,,
    Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:24am
Morning Ladies,,offtopic
I need to vent. I'm at work this morning(I work for the state),,  two of my patients are pregnant teen sisters, 13yrs and 15yrsUnhappy. Now I've been seeing this more frequent lately, teens 16yrs and under, but these are not one but TWO of this women(the mother) babies. So I'm really looking at the mother likelolabove what happen, was their any possible way we could have prevented this. I mean, I know kids and  sneaky, think they know everything, but and this is coming from not a state worker, but a once teen mom, now mother of a teen girl, if you have  suspectdetective please seek some type of birth control.  Do yall know that lady looked at me like, I had lost my damn mindwhacky. She said, very smart and igg-nant like
"Well, I tol dem, no mo partyin and clubbin for dem. I aint stayin home to watch they babies. I had mine when I was young and I tol dem it's gonna be hard. But, I new they was up to sumthin, and when the 13yrs  old said her bleeding didn't come down in two months,Ouch I knew then.

JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:38am
Originally posted by alabamakim alabamakim wrote:

Morning Ladies,,offtopic
I need to vent. I'm at work this morning(I work for the state),,  two of my patients are pregnant teen sisters, 13yrs and 15yrsUnhappy. Now I've been seeing this more frequent lately, teens 16yrs and under, but these are not one but TWO of this women(the mother) babies. So I'm really looking at the mother likelolabove what happen, was their any possible way we could have prevented this. I mean, I know kids and  sneaky, think they know everything, but and this is coming from not a state worker, but a once teen mom, now mother of a teen girl, if you have  suspectdetective please seek some type of birth control.  Do yall know that lady looked at me like, I had lost my damn mindwhacky. She said, very smart and igg-nant like
"Well, I tol dem, no mo partyin and clubbin for dem. I aint stayin home to watch they babies. I had mine when I was young and I tol dem it's gonna be hard. But, I new they was up to sumthin, and when the 13yrs  old said her bleeding didn't come down in two months,Ouch I knew then.

Hey Alabamakim,

I know that you are truly frustrated after hearing that messAngry  Girl say a prayer for them, help them anyway that you can, and keep on moving.  It is so sad to young lives being altered dramatically before they even have a chance to live.  The mothers response tells you exactly how the two girls got into the situation.  Keep your head up and pray, pray real hard.
alabamakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:42am
bash The mother's is in the  waiting room talking stupid as I type, Arrrrrrrrrrr shut her, a## up pleasebash "I'm a keep them babies at night only if they aint spoil, cus I no they got school the next day. She (15yrs old) gonna have a boy, cus I can tell how she carrying. Yall girls, tell-um the babies names. I'm make sure them babies have what my six children didn't have.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:52am
*sighs and SMDH*

I know that feeling girl, when someone (like that mom) says something so stupid that you're just left scratching your dang head cuz a tactful response is just not within your mental reach cuz you're too busy trying to hold those curse words hostage that are trying to fight their way out of your mouth. Trust me.....I know. And what the heck does she mean she told them to stop clubbin ?!?!.....since when in the hell do a 13 and 15 year old get into a club unless they're dressed up like hoochie's and have fake i.d.'s ? That mom is "ignant" beyond words and I guess she can't teach her kids somthing she never learned.

kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:55am
Censored
candygrl2467 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candygrl2467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 10:15am
bash. There is no point in even talking to her. LMAO at her saying I told them no more clubbing..... ummmm since when do you allow your 13 years old daughter to go clubbing? She is why they are in this situation. 
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 10:21am
um. they all deserve each other. the cycle will only repeat itself again. 
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 10:29am
On the real though...we all need to start praying for those unborn children right now because they are about to be born into some straight mess !!
charmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 10:47am
wow... that last statement from the "mother" is reflective of what I see in alot of today's parents.  it's like if it was good enough for me it's good enough for them... very sad and kim I don't envy you, working with people and trying to help them is a difficult job.  please remember that there are some out there that you are helping and don't let the majority make you turn cold.
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 12:04pm
WHAT !!! wht i dont get is they hand out free condoms & birthcontrol is free  ... i have a little sister and the minute she turned 14 i told her if you need birth control let me know ... if you need condoms they are in the luichini shoebox at the bottom of the closet ... if not ask me for money to go buy these things cause too many diseases going round ...

on top of that .. my mother told her " you are not a bastard, so dont bring home none"
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by charmed charmed wrote:

wow... that last statement from the "mother" is reflective of what I see in alot of today's parents.  it's like if it was good enough for me it's good enough for them... very sad and kim I don't envy you, working with people and trying to help them is a difficult job.  please remember that there are some out there that you are helping and don't let the majority make you turn cold.

Yes, that must be it! I thought you were supposed to want BETTER for your kids? Ridiculous. This is what is contributing to the breakdown of society and unfortunately, there is no father there (or maybe there is?) to provide male support.
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 1:27pm

ChynaLi, ITA! this is definitely a repeated cycle.

Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 1:48pm
So sad, but unfortunately if things don't change....this is our future!  GOD HELP US
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Shonita24 Shonita24 wrote:

So sad, but unfortunately if things don't change....this is our future!  GOD HELP US

Really that is true.
MissHairGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissHairGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by ShowStoppers ShowStoppers wrote:

I have to chime in on that comment.  It is a repeated cycle, they are only doing what they see and have heard.  They are truly products of thier enviornments.......They don't know that there is another way to live!
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 3:15pm
One can only imagine the things you see working for the state. i recently got a job with the state myself, as an "income maintence case worker" READ "welfare case worker". I took the job becuase i want to help people, especially young women. I have a couple weeks until my training class, but hearing a story like this makes me feel just a bit discouraged. I'm thinking im propbrably gonna have to deal with stuff like that all the time, and how do you tell someone that they are not "livin' right" as my Nana would say. And you cant blame those poor gurls cause any mom that lets a little kid, go clubbin' should lose some of her parental rites. i mean for goodness sakes, abuse of children comes in ALL forms, not just beating on them, but not giving them the tools to live productive lives is wrong too. Thats THREE generations, that have gotten off to a terrible start.
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 3:30pm

Wow! Ladies Ima tell you my true story. I have always tried to live in the suburbs.  Thinking it would keep my kids safe and out of trouble.  My now 18 year almost got caught up too!  I had no clue that the gangs were in our area.  You would never think by the expensive homes and area. 

Well my Son got pulled into the CRIPS in his Sr. year and as a Mom I freaked out!  The difference is I quickly scooped him up and away! My Son now goes to college and is on the Dean list as a great student.  He got Str8 A's in school, but it was the crowd he got involved with.

So all Im saying is don't ever think it can't happen to you, because it can!  I am a very strict Mom and never thought one of my boys would go there.

So as a Mother even though they are doing very well in school and etc.  you still got to keep a close eye on them.  This world is just so dangerous!

I want to thank you for this topic because this was the hardest time of my life, but we made it!  But it took me as a Mother to nip it in the bud as quickly and agressively as I could!

My Son thanked me for being hard on him!  He said that he would either be in jail or dead if I would not have been on my JOB!

As far as the 2 young ladies, I blame the Mother!  It shows that she just does not care!  What the hell are these young girls doing at the club! WHAT!!!! Let alone partying!

I constantly preach to my Son and his GF that they must wear protection and she needs to be on pill if they are going to have sex!  I told them that if she gets pregnant, I will be very upset and I am not raining another child, nor will I allow them to come shack up in my house!

I know this sounds cruel, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

And I do not have a problem talking to the kids openly about sex!

Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by MissHairGirl MissHairGirl wrote:

Originally posted by ShowStoppers ShowStoppers wrote:

I have to chime in on that comment.  It is a repeated cycle, they are only doing what they see and have heard.  They are truly products of thier enviornments.......They don't know that there is another way to live!

That is true but there is always one child that will have enough will and drive not to fall in that cycle, like my husband. He grew up in a similar environment where there was nothing good around and just decided that he didn't want to live like that when he grew up. He is the only one in his family with a bachelors degree and will have his Masters in Nuclear Engineering in Aug. He is very driven, but it is sad because the other members of the family are just content on living like that. We both are college educated with and will have degrees beyond a bachelors. It just breaks my heart. We try to be the positive role models for his nieces and nephew, but there is only so much that we can do. Those kids see their mother every day and not us and hopefully they will not fall into the cycle also. 
charmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 3:40pm
thank you for sharing that lisa, and you are right it can happen to anyone but the difference is involved parents vs uninvloved.  we can't stop our children from acting out but we can certainly intervene.  14/15 partying, in a club, OUTSIDE after 9pm (and that is a stretch for me) is too much.  but it starts with parenting and the parent accepting the responsiblity of that role. (jmo)
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by LovelyLisa LovelyLisa wrote:

Wow! Ladies Ima tell you my true story. I have always tried to live in the suburbs.  Thinking it would keep my kids safe and out of trouble.  My now 18 year almost got caught up too!  I had no clue that the gangs were in our area.  You would never think by the expensive homes and area. 

Well my Son got pulled into the CRIPS in his Sr. year and as a Mom I freaked out!  The difference is I quickly scooped him up and away! My Son now goes to college and is on the Dean list as a great student.  He got Str8 A's in school, but it was the crowd he got involved with.

So all Im saying is don't ever think it can't happen to you, because it can!  I am a very strict Mom and never thought one of my boys would go there.

So as a Mother even though they are doing very well in school and etc.  you still got to keep a close eye on them.  This world is just so dangerous!

I want to thank you for this topic because this was the hardest time of my life, but we made it!  But it took me as a Mother to nip it in the bud as quickly and agressively as I could!

My Son thanked me for being hard on him!  He said that he would either be in jail or dead if I would not have been on my JOB!

As far as the 2 young ladies, I blame the Mother!  It shows that she just does not care!  What the hell are these young girls doing at the club! WHAT!!!! Let alone partying!

I constantly preach to my Son and his GF that they must wear protection and she needs to be on pill if they are going to have sex!  I told them that if she gets pregnant, I will be very upset and I am not raining another child, nor will I allow them to come shack up in my house!

I know this sounds cruel, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

And I do not have a problem talking to the kids openly about sex!

ClapClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic