Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straightening Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
voyager View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voyager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightening Advice
    Posted: April 08 2008 at 3:55pm

My hair is annoying. Right now it's about 4-5 inches long. It's almost completeley straight for the first 3-4 inches, just a very slight wave, but the last inch or so curls up like one of those wigs George Washington would wear.

I was wondering if since it's only the last inch or so that really needs straightening, if there are any shampoos or conditioners out there that are powerful enough to straighten my hair without the need for a straightening iron. I've tried a few shampoos but they only seem to be able to relax the curl a little bit. Being a guy I really hate to use an iron. I tried the Yuko straightening once and it worked great but I just can't see myself getting my hair straightend every 6 months. It was kind of akward in the salon being the only guy in there.

My hair is really strong, so without regard for my hair's health, is there anything out there that can really knock out the curl? Are there any products made for African American style hair that would be strong enough? 

Or am I just screwed?

I kind of want my hair to look like this:

Edited by voyager - April 08 2008 at 3:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic