Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Excercise and Adhesives...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
birdiegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excercise and Adhesives...
    Posted: April 11 2008 at 10:31am
I know, I know, someone always has questions about adhesives and in the end it's you body chemistry and what works for you Tongue However, I would like to know for the ladies who consistently excercise (or just are prone to sweating) what works for you and how long of a hold do you get? The only adhesive I've used is ORWG which didn't reall work all that well for me, although I never tried it with tape. I'm shopping for new adhesives and have come to the conclusion that I will have to try several, but I don't want to waste my time (and money) purchasing something that won't stand a chance with my weekly work out routine.  Thanks in advance, ladies! Big%20smile
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 10:44am
i work out and been jogging 6 miles this week, and tnen doing 45 min of pilates afterwards.. normally i tie my perimeter down with a scarf.. i use mitty tight and ORWG..
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 10:58am

I use a combo of UH and tape and I don’t think there is any adhesive or tape out there that would hold up with all the sweat that takes place with exercising this is why I tie my perimeter down with a scarf  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 11:03am
Thanks ladies! So when you tie it down are you still able to maintain your current application, or do you have to reapply????
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 11:08am

I am still able to keep that same application for about 3-4 days after that I take it down to reapply just because I want to wash my hair and the unit due to all the sweating I have done

Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 11:23am
I work out 2hrs 3 times a week, I use a combo of invisibond and proflex. I sweat a lot, so what I do I just tie the perimeter, if it lifts just use your fingers and press it. My apps last from monday to friday when I remove to wash and treat my hair, but the nape usually lifts after 3 days.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:06pm
Thanks ladies! I work out 4-5 days/ week, sometimes twice a day. Right now I really don't care about my app too much since I'm at home most of the time anyway, but now I want a longer hold, especially since I'm getting a new unit. Big%20smile Thanks a million!
lovelybrown80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:56pm
Sexi, I have davlyn applied to my front and for the  back I have davlyn and proflex. I think I need to try something else for the front b/c  its too shiny and when I sweat it doesn't look good at all especially when I'm still out and about. Any suggestions?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by lovelybrown80 lovelybrown80 wrote:

Sexi, I have davlyn applied to my front and for the  back I have davlyn and proflex. I think I need to try something else for the front b/c  its too shiny and when I sweat it doesn't look good at all especially when I'm still out and about. Any suggestions?

you gotta experiment with adhesives until you find one that mixes great with your body chemistry b/c they all don't! i've had the same app all week and its still holding thru all the working out!
Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 2:26pm
I bet EB would work but it is very hard to get out.
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 2:52pm

EB is so strong, I did an app with it once it ripped my hair and my skin, I still have the brand new bottle in my fridge. And it's so hard to remove it from the lace, plus I don't know if it's not dangerous to put that pure acetone on our heads to remove it.

MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 2:55pm

I sweat up a storm doing astanga yoga.

I was using a combo of blueliner tape & invisibond which worked but felt slippage. After I tied my hair down it was OK again.

The last few weeks I have used the Kryolan Med Adhesive with blue liner  tape & am very happy with that combo.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 3:27pm
I have a friend who sweats like a thief on trial. She uses nothing but SuperTape. She also ties her hair down while she's working out. That's the tape I use when I go to the tropics. So, it should hold a bus to a wall, even in the rain Wink.

Now as far as duration of hold... I imagine it's not a long since there are other forces involved (LOTS of sweat).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Chic-Geek Chic-Geek wrote:

I have a friend who sweats like a thief on trial. She uses nothing but SuperTape. She also ties her hair down while she's working out. That's the tape I use when I go to the tropics. So, it should hold a bus to a wall, even in the rain Wink.

Now as far as duration of hold... I imagine it's not a long since there are other forces involved (LOTS of sweat).

LOLLOLLOL Hilarious LOLLOLLOL

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 4:20pm
i just finished i HATE IT SO MUCH! but i gotta be cute, they need a laser or something that can zap me so i don't have to do this.. LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 4:20pm
So I ordered a few different adhesives Davyln water resistant, the HD White Glue and Mity Tite. I also ordered some Super Tape Strips, so we'll see how it goes....Trial and errorConfused
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 4:23pm
"Trial and Error" is exactly how you're going to find out what works best for "you". As Sexi explained, it's a chemistry-thang. What works for me, may not work for you. As far as EB... that stuff is for making furniture. (IMO)
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 7:59pm
^^^^LOLLOL Ummm, well I wanted to say good for you gals, first of all, for exercising and keeping tight!! Important to stay healthy and fit with cute units.Tongue

I'm probably not much help here, but I wear Supertaped hair wefts and workout six days a week --- sweating profusely most days. The Supertape has never done me wrong. Also, Protac tape is great as well. Now, I gather it's different wearing it attached to hair as opposed to skin, but I thought I would throw my 2 cents in!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic