Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need feedback (pics inside)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kdee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need feedback (pics inside)
    Posted: April 11 2008 at 8:51pm
I didnt glue the unit in the pics but this is what it looks like after I thinned it, tried to bleach knots ( the roots keep getting dyed Angry), and added a semi perm rinse.  I was going to wear a wig cap but it shows at the hairline.  How can I prevent this?  Also, when I didnt put the wig cap on, my black hair shows through the lace (I already sprayed just a little of the Sally Hansen inside the cap).  Whadda ya think? 

No pwd needed:

bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 9:05pm
I think it looks nice. did u try the steri strips tip to make a natural part? i do that and sew the wig cap on.
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 9:09pm
I love the color....
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 9:30pm
This looks fine to me. I'm going to try the Sally Hansen's trick soon, too.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 9:33pm
its very pretty and the color is too.. but what i did when i wore them was i put on the adhesive and i used a stocking for a wig cap.. i adhere the cap to the skin in front of my natural hairline b/c it has to look like continual skin..apply more adhesive, then i place the unit right on top of or exactly in front of the wig cap..
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 10:05pm
^^^ITA with sexi. When I wear a stocking cap (i use knee highs b/c my head is small) put a little adhesive in the front to keep the cap from sliding then apply your lf. It looks good though.
kdee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 9:15am
Thanks.  I'd really like to go capless but I need to get those steri strips and create a faux scalp.  I was thinking of trying Ms. Lola's trick with sewing in a piece of fabric at the top of the unit.  I post more pics when its done.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 9:28am
OMG... steri stips are the "truth"! I want to line the entire front of my cap with them (in never know where I want to wear my part from day-to-day).

I wonder how they hold up in water. I love water parks and I wanted to go capless this summer and was looking for an alternative solution. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm definitely open to it.

amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 10:08am
I dont think u need a wig cap if u use one of the several part tricks (Sexi's, Breh's, or Curly's). I do the following:
-put tape around the entire perimeter of my unit (I take my supertape and cut it in 3's)
-then put some silicon sheets right up under the tape
-I spray the silicon sheets with my SH leg spray (or u can use your foundation / makeup / whatever)
-I let the spray dry for like 15 min
-then I apply the unit and there is no need for the wig cap

The tape tricks make it look like seamless scalp to me, especially if u put your tape/ steri strip / silicon sheets right up under the tape. HTH
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 10:14am
That's a GREAT idea.. the SH leg spray, it'll probably hold well in wet situations, such as swimming pools and water parks. I'll pick some up this morning to perfect my application before summer hits.

Thanks a million, Amazon1147.
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 10:51am

Your welcome. Also once, I secretly used some of my mom's MAC Aerosol foundation (she would kill me if she knew I used her MAC makeup on my wig-LOL!) on the silicon sheets-that worked out pretty well too.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Chic-Geek Chic-Geek wrote:

OMG... steri stips are the "truth"! I want to line the entire front of my cap with them (in never know where I want to wear my part from day-to-day).

I wonder how they hold up in water. I love water parks and I wanted to go capless this summer and was looking for an alternative solution. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm definitely open to it.

they hold up great in water, altho like i said i use Mr. C's adhesive to place the strips on the unit.. and the one i'm wearing i've washed it twice and i've not need to reapply the strips..
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 11:04am
AWESOME! I can't wait to apply my unit today! thanks, again.
kdee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 4:31pm
Aww shucks,  I just got my silicone sheets this morning. I'm about to hook this baby up!
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 10:45am
Kadee,

I wear a black stocking cap bc it never shows through and then I do the tape part trick (thanks Breh!). I usually glue the tape to the wig cap cause I have a hard time putting on the actual lf. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic