Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I could absolutely CRY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 10:41pm
Thanks Curly. I still have some on the skin. It was starting to get raw and looks like razor bumps might be settling in. I just rewashed my hair for the millionth time in 24 hrs and put some neosporin on the bald area. I am just letting it sit. Most of it is gone but there are still some sticky spots.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 10:45pm
I am sssooooooooooooooo sorry this happened to you Disapprove Have you decided what you're going to do while you're waiting for your hair to grow back?
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 10:51pm

Curly I am just so sick right now I have no clue. I have a very busy week coming up and vacation in a few weeks. Tomorrow I will have to get one of those ugly BSS wigs and lie to friends about the real deal with my hair, because the only people in my life that actually know this is not my hair is my family. I am too embarrassed to tell my sisters what happened. I was so excited to get my wig, all I did was talk about my "new hair" and now I don't even feel like talking about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Ahminah Ahminah wrote:

Curly I am just so sick right now I have no clue. I have a very busy week coming up and vacation in a few weeks. Tomorrow I will have to get one of those ugly BSS wigs and lie to friends about the real deal with my hair, because the only people in my life that actually know this is not my hair is my family. I am too embarrassed to tell my sisters what happened. I was so excited to get my wig, all I did was talk about my "new hair" and now I don't even feel like talking about it.

It won't be easy but you will get through this. Is your unit big enough for you to adhere it to your hairline around the front in the areas where she didn't shave and leave the sides where she did shave unattached so they can continue to heal ? If it is, you could leave the nape and the sides near the ears where it's shaved unattached and wear the hair so that it falls along each side of your face to hide the unattached areas.

If that's not an option then I say find the best looking bss wig you can and rock it with as much confidence as you can muster.....attitude goes a long way and the next thing you know other women will be trying to imitate the fierce look you created with your bss wig. If anyone is able to tell you're wearing a bss wig just tell them you're super busy and you don't feel like being bothered with your natural hair for a while.  
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:12pm
two words.....LAW SUIT, I am so sorry. She did you wrong girl. I have never seen anything like that. My mouth is open and foot is waving looking for her rear to put my foot in. Curly, maybe we can get Anntee to help her? I will call her and see. OMG that is so aweful, I am cursing right now. OH MY.......why o why? Ahnimah, please listen babe, she clearly did NOT know WTF she was doing at ALL!!!! She should be sued!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:15pm
ITA Meechie, I think is was totally unethical for her to accept money for expertise she clearly did not have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:15pm
For real yall...come on! Please,  I will help you! I will give you mine...ok. I will let you choose. I am so sorry!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:17pm
I will give you a wig and put it on free for a MONTH!!!! She should be sued!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by meechie2cute meechie2cute wrote:

For real yall...come on! Please,  I will help you! I will give you mine...ok. I will let you choose. I am so sorry!

Awwww, That's REALLY sweet Meechie Clap I think Ahminah is on the East Coast though. If she were in Cali I wouldn't mind putting it on for her. If there aren't any ladies in her city that could apply it for her then I'm cetain we could coach her through the app process on 1 of the units Meechie sends her. I can't donate a unit cuz our measurments are different but I'm more that willing to send her some good tapes, adhesives and removers.
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:25pm

I am actually laughing through my tears right now. I did talk to her a little while ago and she swore up and down that it was the right size and I should use some nair for the shadow part Confused. I thought that when people did decide to shave, the unit would rest on the shaved part and not be exposed? My unit does not do that it sits behind the shaved area. When I kept mentioning that the wig was too small she would go back to the adhesive. She said she would check around for me and see if she could find a better adhesive, but she insists that the measurements are dead on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:40pm
She is DEAD wrong.....behind the shaved area....( I am trying to breathe right now). Are you serious? This is what she needs!!beatdeadhorse
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:41pm
ahminah honey dont cry. i feel so sorry for u right now,there can be some mean people in this world,but god always has his way of making things turn around,and that lady will have her day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Ahminah Ahminah wrote:

I am actually laughing through my tears right now. I did talk to her a little while ago and she swore up and down that it was the right size and I should use some nair for the shadow part Confused. I thought that when people did decide to shave, the unit would rest on the shaved part and not be exposed? My unit does not do that it sits behind the shaved area. When I kept mentioning that the wig was too small she would go back to the adhesive. She said she would check around for me and see if she could find a better adhesive, but she insists that the measurements are dead on.

That stylist doesn't know WTH she's talking about. Please don't put nair on the shadow. I think your poor skin has been through enough already. Those pics of your hairline broke my heart because it looks like it really hurts.

Why don't you take me and Meechie up on our offer? Meechie's units are the bomb. Have you checked out her fotki ? If she gives you one of her units it will already have the knots bleached and be a realistic density. I can send you everything else plus some A&D Zinc ointment to help your shaved area heal faster. Then we can coach you through the app process.  
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 8:51pm
Can I just say that Curly and Meechie: you two are shockingly generous and selfless! You give me hope for humanity.

Also, Ahminah: So sorry you have to go through this mess. You sound like a sweetheart, so I hope everything works out for you.
Ahminah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahminah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:11pm
Thanks for you Fakeizme. I cannot tell you how my love and support Meechie and Curly have given me. They are truly to beautiful women inside and out. I appreciate all of the encouragement that I have gotten from all of you ladies here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:37pm
Ahminah, how did it go today ?  Are your shaved edges still inflamed and warm to the touch?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic