Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Secret Weapons for Adhesive Removal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
loveangie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Secret Weapons for Adhesive Removal
    Posted: April 13 2008 at 5:18pm
You ladies may already know about this, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere.

I posted this in another thread but I think it deserves a thread of it's own. To remove tapes (yes blue liner tape too!) and glues from your lace without alcohol and without oil (goo gone, etc.), try this: Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner, along with this: natural bristle brush.

The Cinema Secrets is meant to clean and sanitize makeup brushes and it doesn't contain alcohol and it isn't oily. It smells like vanilla. ^_^ I get the big bottle and put some into a small 2 oz spray bottle. To remove my wig, I spray a little CSBC on the along the hairline and gently rub it in. After about 30 seconds, I can lift it up. Most of the tapes and glues stick to my head and not the wig. What ever is left on the wig, I spritz with the CSBC and brush gently with the brush (that little brush is the truth) and it's out. No oil. No holes in your lace. No stinky solvent or orange smell.

I don't work for them, I just really like it and wanted to share.

I now use it exclusively and know for a fact that it works on Supertape, Blue Liner tape, Vapon NoTape, CoolPiece ORWG and White Cream Adhesive, but not on SPIRIT GUM

A makeup artist discovered this trick and this is what they use on sets to clean ventilated lace goods.

HTH.
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 5:58pm
if you are a daily remover, will it leave a residue on the lace where it will not be able to be taped/glued down again?

My reason for asking is I use spirit gum and remove daily with alcohol.  When I remove, there is not enough residue left on the lace to notice, so I can wear it again for about three or four removals before I need to wash it.

Do you think it would work the same?
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:00pm
Thanks for the tip. Where do you buy it ?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:06pm
thanks for the information great tip!
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:42pm
good info...thanks
loveangie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Lace Lover Lace Lover wrote:

if you are a daily remover, will it leave a residue on the lace where it will not be able to be taped/glued down again?

My reason for asking is I use spirit gum and remove daily with alcohol.  When I remove, there is not enough residue left on the lace to notice, so I can wear it again for about three or four removals before I need to wash it.

Do you think it would work the same?

When I take mine off, and clean the lace there is usually no residue to speak of. I could put it back on, but I remove weekly so I wash it first.

It doesn't remove spirit gum though.
loveangie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

The Cinema Secrets brush cleaner is here: http://www.alconeco.com/products/tools/brush_cleaner/cinema_secret_s_brush_cleaner

The Natural Brushes are here: http://www.alconeco.com/products/tools/brushes/hair_coloring/rcma_hair_coloring_brush

the brushes are dye brushes but they are used to clean lace wigs too
loveangie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

thanks for the information great tip!

You're welcome!
loveangie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by chyna_li chyna_li wrote:

good info...thanks

no prob   
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:32pm
i'm gonna post this in this in the newbie thread for those that wanna give it a try. Wink
loveangie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 8:22pm
That's really awesome Sexi.   

Edited by loveangie - April 13 2008 at 8:23pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by loveangie loveangie wrote:

Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

The Cinema Secrets brush cleaner is here: http://www.alconeco.com/products/tools/brush_cleaner/cinema_secret_s_brush_cleaner

The Natural Brushes are here: http://www.alconeco.com/products/tools/brushes/hair_coloring/rcma_hair_coloring_brush

the brushes are dye brushes but they are used to clean lace wigs too
not a problem !Wink
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 9:54pm
Well for all yall Mastix P sprit gum users...I use Stridex to remove the glue from skin AND lace. It cleanses it well and get all those flaky bits off the skin. This also works for silicon based glues, this prevent excess "boogies" and just gets rid of them.  Stridex are alcohol free. They are awesome and
 super affordable.Stri-Dex%20Maximum%20Strength

Edited by meechie2cute - April 13 2008 at 9:55pm
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 5:33am
Originally posted by loveangie loveangie wrote:

What are the ingredients to the brush cleaner?   Do you apply it directly to your skin?

Also, have you tried using a baby tooth brush to clean your lace? 
The bristles are very soft and much cheaper than the makeup brush you posted. 
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:34am
Thanks for the tip,,,,,
loveangie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 7:20am
Originally posted by mslady mslady wrote:

What are the ingredients to the brush cleaner?   Do you apply it directly to your skin? Also, have you tried using a baby tooth brush to clean your lace?  The bristles are very soft and much cheaper than the makeup brush you posted. 

Cinema Secrets BRUSH CLEANER -- Environmentally safe and non-carcinogenic.

Ingredients: Hydrotreated Heavy Naphtha, Dichloroflourooethane, 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol,
Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparabenn, N-Butylparaben, Fragrance,
D&C Green #6

Yes, I apply it directly to the hairline, to the wig and it keeps the glue and tape on my head and not my lace.   I spray it on my head to remove whatever tape and glue is on my head also.   I've not had a problem. I've been using it for years to clean my makeup brushes and I've never had a single issue.

No, I've never tried a baby toothbrush. I wish I'd thought of that before I got hooked on this brush! I'll pick up a baby toothbrush today to compare. I just like to try out everything! Thanks for the tip!
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 9:35am
Great tip! Thumbs%20Up Thank you!
LaceLover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 12:14pm
Great ... I may try this ... thanks.
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 7:25pm
thanksSmile
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 7:37pm
Smile LoveAngie: you are an angel! thanks for the tips and links. I will have to check that out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic