Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LF Diva's Hot Body Challenage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LF Diva's Hot Body Challenage
    Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:38pm
i don't know about ya, but i'm determined this year to get my body is shape for the summer.. I've been running 6 miles a day with my miniture dashund b/c he needs to calm all his excitement down (he's 1 y/o) and i need to burn some calories (killing two birds with one stone).. I can't be having all this banging hair and not have a banging body to go along with it.. I've paid all this money for the surgery i had so its important to maintain my investment..

Not to mention since i had that blood clot incident, i wasn't allow to eat certain things like anything green, which put salads out.. now i've not been back to my regular weight since i've recovered.. now i'm determined to get it all back in top shape.. and those considering PS need to think along these terms, b/c its an expensive investment that it must be kept up..just b/c you get PS doesn't mean its over, you gotta keep your investment in shape..

so i'm just saying let's support each other in our diets and exercise routines to get it together and be totally fierce from hair to toes.. so who's up for the challenge? i've decided instead of sitting my butt behind this computer i'm going to be working it out! so if i'm not on as much that's why? i'd like to see us support each other and get a LF Diva's body challenge going on to be the hottest diva's we already know we are for summer 2008.. who's on board?
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:45pm
girl im with u. why couldnt u post something like this in jan so we would be almost there by now.Smile
Mercedes87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercedes87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:47pm
Me!!!!!!! I need to lose 15 pounds. My original weight was 125 before the baby.Lol! I also need a lifestyle change. No more Arby's and Topolino's for me.Wink
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:48pm

SNAP....Why you gotta post this now, just when I was getting my 5'6 180lbs BBW on....I'm just starting to look fly....

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 6:49pm
i'm serious i 'm like a size 8 which isn't bad, but when your clothes are a size 6 and 4 its a problem.. plus i gave away my fat clothes LOL so its for real now.. i forgot to say i'm doing 45 min of pilates and toning with weights alternating days, and i'm eating low carbs.. i've also been doing the http://www.nopalina-nopalina.com/ which i mix with oatmeal b/c i can't drink it straight but it keeps my cholestrol and everything in check and keeps you very regular.. not like laxative's but it flushes your body out!!!!! i love that b/c it makes my tummy very flat.. and it does help you loose weight.. another thing i've been doing that helps with my blood circulation is taking cayenne pepper pills, and it doesn't heat you up on the inside but it does speed up the metabolizism.. and also so does apple cider vinder pills..

Edited by sexibeach - April 13 2008 at 6:52pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:01pm

drinking nothing but water, i had to let the pepsi go i love it but it terrible for you, so i gotta have my wine so i let that go.. LOL here's information on weight loss and cayenne pepper which is also a great ingredient for promoting hair growth too:

cayenne pepper pills:
Helps to soothe the digestive tract.
Promotes better circulation throughout the body.
Contains capsaicin with pain-relieving benefits.
High quality standardized extract.
Doctor approved formulation.
A few studies suggest that chemical compounds in cayenne have the ability to increase the body's heat production, whereby increasing the rate of metabolism of fats and carbohydrates. Additional research also indicates that cayenne increases production of epinephrine and norepinephrine which together decrease appetite. For dieters it has been suggested that adding 6 to 10 grams of cayenne to a meal or 28 grams to an entire day's diet reduces hunger after meals and reduces calories consumed during subsequent meals.

Apple Cider Vinegar has been used for ages and has proven itself safe and effective for helping many health issues. This product is so safe, it can be used for children with weight problems and people with high blood pressure and diabetes! Folks there is no excuse now! Lose the fat that is contributing to your health problems. The vinegar is made from fresh natural apples that contain pectin, a soluble fiber which binds to cholesterol globules and pulls them out of the body. This also helps remove unwanted heavy metals! Less fat and cholesterol in the body reduces the risk of just about any ailment! It works 24 hours a day to help your body remove unwanted fat. There are no side effects. We do recommend that you drink 2-3 glasses of extra water daily to help your body flush this fat out and speed up the weight loss process.

ACV comes in pills too b/c i can't drink that either

intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:10pm
what helps too for me is keeping a food journal ... and since i am always online ... i use www.sparkpeople.com they help with everything nutrition info meal plans if you want , or if you want to eat what you feel like they have guidlines for that aswell ... im doing good enough to get my bf to join too ... his DR. called him fat ... lol
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:13pm
There's no need in me playing head games with myself and saying I'm gonna start running cuz I hate running it ain't gonna happen. HOWEVER, I do love pilates and gymnastics. I also have 2 huge dogs that I need to walk more often so that will help too. I've been eating more protein and less carbs and have dropped almost 10 pounds already. I'm a size 6 but I still wanna drop another 10 pounds so I can comfortably get back into a size 5. I'm with you guys. Now how do we intend to chart our progress? Are we gonna do before and after photos or post our stats (weight, body fat percentage, etc.) ???
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:14pm

I'm in! I was just saying 2 a friend as soon as i get my money right i am so getting a tummy tuck, i've all ready started dieting and exercising everyday, and i heard if your over normal weight  they wont do it. i got 4 kids and it showsLOL 2008 is my year.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by intl_babygirl intl_babygirl wrote:

what helps too for me is keeping a food journal ... and since i am always online ... i use www.sparkpeople.com they help with everything nutrition info meal plans if you want , or if you want to eat what you feel like they have guidlines for that aswell ... im doing good enough to get my bf to join too ... his DR. called him fat ... lol

LOLLOLLOL alright girl thanks i need that to keep a log of everything i eat, but i've found in the past if i burn it off its like muscle in the bank and i can eventually get to the point where i don't have to worry to much about everything bite i eat b/c i'm burning it off, i just need to get where i'm trying to go first.. but since i'm not there yet, i need that journel.. LOL

Edited by sexibeach - April 13 2008 at 7:15pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

There's no need in me playing head games with myself and saying I'm gonna start running cuz I hate running it ain't gonna happen. HOWEVER, I do love pilates and gymnastics. I also have 2 huge dogs that I need to walk more often so that will help too. I've been eating more protein and less carbs and have dropped almost 10 pounds already. I'm a size 6 but I still wanna drop another 10 pounds so I can comfortably get back into a size 5. I'm with you guys. Now how do we intend to chart our progress? Are we gonna do before and after photos or post our stats (weight, body fat percentage, etc.) ???
girl i had to run b/c i had to do a serious jump start, and the only way i knew how was running, plus i'm trying to wear out this dog..LOLLOL he has lots of energy..but i've found once i attempt the run, which i started run, walk, run, walk, then i'm able to do the workout better once i get back home... and there's menz out there working out too, let's not forget that benefit you might run  up on something.. LOL but here's a journel online

Edited by sexibeach - April 13 2008 at 7:24pm
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:34pm

Ok, I'm hatin' on you size 5, 6, 7, 8 complaining over here,  Wink I need to lose like 20 lbs by June 27th.  My cousin is getting married in Jamaica and I'm a bridesmaid along with two other women.  The entire bridal party including the bride have sizes in the single digits.  Me on the other hand........... so I'd like to lose 20 lbs, it still wouldn't be my ideal weight but I'd be the weight I was before I had my son, mind you he's about to be 2 in the end of may. Confused I decided to set short-term goals so I don't drive myself crazy over the total number of pounds I need to lose.  Sexi, thanks for sharing some of your tips.  Weight Watchers has worked for me in the past but I'm going to jump start it with a low carb diet for faster results for the wedding.

I've heard of sparkpeople, it was recommended on a bridal board I'm a member of still.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

girl i had to run b/c i had to do a serious jump start, and the only way i knew how was running, plus i'm trying to wear out this dog..LOLLOL he has lots of energy..but i've found once i attempt the run, which i started run, walk, run, walk, then i'm able to do the workout better once i get back home... and there's menz out there working out too, let's not forget that benefit you might run  up on something.. LOL but here's a journel online

ITA that running is the BEST way to jump start the process and I think I would get faster results but I've always hated it Confused But now there is that little benefit you mentioned about running up on some menzs LOL Okay, here's what Imma do.....I already trained both my dogs how to run on their leashes next to my bike while I ride so I think I'll do that and if I ride up on a real cute guy I could let their leashes get tangled up together so I have to stop and untangle them. Naaaah......never mind that might look a little desperate.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Nemesiz Nemesiz wrote:

Ok, I'm hatin' on you size 5, 6, 7, 8 complaining over here,  Wink I need to lose like 20 lbs by June 27th.  My cousin is getting married in Jamaica and I'm a bridesmaid along with two other women.  The entire bridal party including the bride have sizes in the single digits.  Me on the other hand........... so I'd like to lose 20 lbs, it still wouldn't be my ideal weight but I'd be the weight I was before I had my son, mind you he's about to be 2 in the end of may. Confused I decided to set short-term goals so I don't drive myself crazy over the total number of pounds I need to lose.  Sexi, thanks for sharing some of your tips.  Weight Watchers has worked for me in the past but I'm going to jump start it with a low carb diet for faster results for the wedding.

I've heard of sparkpeople, it was recommended on a bridal board I'm a member of still.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL girl i know its rough but we NEED TO BE FIERCE BLACK SISTA'S WITH FLOWING HAIR LOOKING HOT FOR 2008 AND ESPECIALLY IN JAMIACA YOU MIGHT END UP BEING STELLA..LOLLOLLOL cuz girl i've been there i know what they got up in there...LOL

CURLY get the bike out i thought about that too, b/c i can run this dog with it... but b/c he's 1 y/o  and buck wild i'd end up running over his little bitty azz causing me serious vet bills, we done already flunked puppy class.. LOLLOLLOLLOL so right now we gotta run but i would love the bike thing, i've seen some hotties on the bikes too.. LOLLOLLOLLOL
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:45pm
yes i done seen some hotties while running, they jogging and riding their bikes we all out of breathe saying hey!!!!

Getting Started on a Low Carb Diet

From Laura Dolson,
Your Guide to Low Carb Diets.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by our Medical Review Board

Five Steps for the Beginner

So you’ve decided to reduce the carbohydrate in your diet. Now what? It’s time to think ahead a bit so you can have your best chance of success. Here are five steps to give you a strong start.

1. Become Informed

Read about various low carb diets, or zero in on one. Ideally, read one of the books and become familiar with the principles. Above all, don’t fall for the common myths about eating low carb – such as that there are no vegetables or fruit, that it can’t be healthy, that it has to be boring, etc. Like other ways of eating, low carb eating can be healthy or not, balanced or not, and there is certainly no reason for it to be boring. Rest assured that science is on the side of cutting carbs – perhaps not for everyone, but for many of us.

Resources:

2. Decide on an Approach

There is no one low carb diet. The popular plans span a range of carb levels and food choices, though essentially all of them cut out most sugars and starches. Again, the best thing to do is to read one of the books – go to your library and browse, and zero in on something that looks doable to you. Essentially all of the popular books can be purchased used online for very little money.

Alternatively, if you just know you’re not the kind to read a book and follow someone else’s idea of a diet, the “No White Diet" works for many people. Basically, you just stop eating food with sugars, white flour (pasta, bread, cake, donuts, etc), white rice, and potatoes (some include milk). This effectively cuts back on the carbohydrate in your diet, especially the high glycemic types. Just realize that there are also white foods, such as tofu, cauliflower, and onions, that are low in carbs and good for you!

Another option is use my Low-Carb Food Pyramid as a guide.

Popular Diet Resources:

3. Get Familiar with What You Can Eat

It’s easy to fall into thinking a lot about what you can’t eat, but much more productive to focus on what you can eat. At first, it's probably best to keep it simple - for example, you can just eat the same dinner as before, substituting vegetables for the starch.

”What You can Eat” Resources:

4. Plan Your First Week

Nothing stops a new eating plan faster than getting to the fourth day and realizing you have no idea what to snack on, or fix for dinner. Planning a full week of menus and snacks gives you a buffer period when you don’t have to worry about it.

Resources:

5. Get Support

Inevitably, things you didn’t think of will come up. The first two weeks of a diet change can be difficult. The temptation when trying something new is to chuck it overboard at the first obstacle. To be successful, you must accept that unexpected “speedbumps” will happen, and make a commitment ahead of time to work through them. This is the time to get advice from others who are ahead of you on the road.

Resources:
Updated: January 5, 2008
if(zp[12].d){w('
');Dsp(zp[12],'ip');w('
')}if(zp[13].d){w('
');Dsp(zp[13],'ip');w('
')} zISblo=this.zISblo?this.zISblo:0;if(zSbL<1&&zTt!='33'){zSbL=3+zISblo;zSB(2);zSbL=0}else zSB(2)
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:45pm
I am down! I want to get some PS done-so definitely down to do the weight loss thing.
loveangie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveangie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:50pm
I just got back from a Popeyes run and I immediately get this reality check. Count me in.

I hear what you're saying about taking care of your plastic surgery investment too because I just had a follow-up with my surgeon last week. I'm doing good, but you're right.

Plus I've got Vegas coming up in June and a cruise coming in October. I've got to be ready. I need to tone up a LOT.   
MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:51pm
I'm on board. It isnt about the number/size - its the body fat... I am about an 8 ( sometimes 10) & def need to tone it up. I started astanga yoga last month & am ready to drag my behind out of bed before work to do pilates starting tomorrow...I try to walk my boxer as much as possible, ride my stationary bike  & for the first time in my life ( sob) am watching what I eat - cut back on chips & candy bars & general "bad foods" & I gave up red meat about  6 mos ago.  I refuse to starve myself tho- I watch my friends & think - OK health & appearance are important - health moreso but life is short, I sister needs to eat. The lollipop head look aint sexy.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by MassGal MassGal wrote:

I'm on board. It isnt about the number/size - its the body fat... I am about an 8 ( sometimes 10) & def need to tone it up. I started astanga yoga last month & am ready to drag my behind out of bed before work to do pilates starting tomorrow...I try to walk my boxer as much as possible, ride my stationary bike  & for the first time in my life ( sob) am watching what I eat - cut back on chips & candy bars & general "bad foods" & I gave up red meat about  6 mos ago.  I refuse to starve myself tho- I watch my friends & think - OK health & appearance are important - health moreso but life is short, I sister needs to eat. The lollipop head look aint sexy.

that's my thing i don't want to starve and that's what i've done many, many times b4 to keep that size 4, and i don't want to feel deprived and you can have low carbs meals are good.. i've got a restaurant downtown where i work that fix excellent low carb meals that are really delicious so i just need to make sure when i'm home i do right.. but that just takes working out i need to resolve that in my mind b/c i can't have the thighs rubbing with stocking on walking down the hallways b/c that drives me over the edge.. i can't do that! i must be what i'm comfortable being and still eat good meals that are healthy for me..
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by loveangie loveangie wrote:

I just got back from a Popeyes run and I immediately get this reality check. Count me in.

I hear what you're saying about taking care of your plastic surgery investment too because I just had a follow-up with my surgeon last week. I'm doing good, but you're right.

Plus I've got Vegas coming up in June and a cruise coming in October. I've got to be ready. I need to tone up a LOT.   

yes this is a wake up call for you, if you just had surgery and your at popeye's, i know its good i love them red beans and rice, but you betta keep that investment working for you! i'm so glad we're on board with this b/c we need to encourage each other and keep it going.. we need to check in with weight loss, and expectations and etc.. i'm serious i've got to be the diva i know that i am..

Edited by sexibeach - April 13 2008 at 8:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic