Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LF Diva's Hot Body Challenage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 7:05am
Princess girl i hear ya, work folks will have your round and roly poly.. i realized when i first started working here that i had to seperate myself from these people's habits.. i wasn't having it. i all they think about is eating.. motivation has been difficult i had to pray on it, and said Lord if you don't help me it can't be done! and i actually feel that is the reason i'm now motivated.. its a mindset to block out others and do what you gotta do for yourself.. honestly i can't allow the bad habits of others make me miserable.. and i can't believe i'm reaching muscle that apparently i've not worked in a long time, i can't remember working out to the degree that my azz actually hurts!! LOLLOLLOL walking up the steps today i guess my gluteus maximus is feeling each and every step.. but i'm seeing a difference and once your able to see something then the inspiration gets more intense.. just do it Princess..
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:51am
Why is it so hard for me to get motivated?  I'll say I need to lose weight, I know I need to lose weight, but getting started and staying motivated is so hard for me.  I need to lose at least 40-50 lbs for health reasons, I', 5'9" and I currently weight 205lbs.  While most people are shocked when they hear that I weight over 200lbs (I guess I carry it better than someone that is shorter), they don't see my stomach which I conceal with shirts that are never tucked in.  It's so hard because I have all these skinny heifers here at work, constantly doing potlucks and bringing in all kinds of food and I smell it all day, then when something is offered to me, I can't resist.  How is it they eat all day long and never gain an ounce and they never exercise?  How do you guys get and keep your motivation?  My biggest struggle is exercising.  I have successfully (even with the potlucks) kept my caloric intake to 1200-1400 per day but I know that's not enough to lose weight.  I know I need to exercise to increase my metabolism.  But I look at my ellyptical machine and turn and walk the other way.  I'll pull out exercise video's and feel completely overwhelmed.  How do you ladies do it?  I really need help.
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 5:57am
Day 4: I didn't do anything this morning...long night..
ebyokuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebyokuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:14am
count me in! my boyfriend is a chef and I love to eat and he loves to cook. I was in denial of how much weight I'd gained but after trying to go and buy some cute spring clothes, I came home and threw all the junk food out of the house. I buy fruit, almonds and those baby carrots and stick them in my purse when I leave the house (as a snack) so I can drive by mcdonalds and laugh! I also bought a little ice cooler, fill it with ice packs and cold water and whatever else I want to keep cool (i.e. sandwiches)and stick it in my car so I don't have to stop at the gas station to buy water and be tempted to buy that candy bar at the counter. I often have to eat out for work 2-3 times a week so I only eat half of what I order and always get a salad first to fill me up and pass on the soda. yeah, pepsi is like crack. just a little sip and your back on it!

I take a weight training cardio class, a hip hop class and a pilates class. I also do some exercises at home my physical therapist taught me which puts my legs and abs into great shape. I am determined to loose this weight! My boyfriends is a cyclist so he's going to have me start riding with him. We eat dinner by 7pm and if I want some dessert, I eat a jello pudding cup. I only allow myself one splurge item a week, whether it's some port wine or a cupcake, I savor it because it's only one thing once a week. ITA sexi, once your body is in shape and your burning calories all the time, you don't watch what you eat as much as when you started. In college, I was soooo fit, I had problems finding clothes because I was so small. Now that I'm out, I gained weight in places I never thought I could and my butt has gotten wider! so in one week I dropped 3 lbs. And we started a house rule, no junk food allowed in the house.

We can do it ladies! Thanks for starting this post sexi.

Edited by ebyokuri - April 17 2008 at 12:20am
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

You all are inspirational. Sexi...I feel you on wanting to go all out and exercise every day to get your mind into it. that's how I was years ago --- a little obsessive, but I guess you need to be at first! I think if you can keep exercise up daily for at least two weeks, you've created a habit that will be hard to break and it will make you feel guilty to stop. I loved watching the Biggest Loser & Ali's success! What a great story. Yeah, then I head over to Dancing w/Stars to see the hard bodies and keep my head straight! LOL

One thing I have noticed with maintaining fitness & health (for me pesonally). It doesn't help to TELL a lot of other people what you're doing. People have a way of sabotaging you. Not sure if they mean to, but I find a lot of women give me the evil eye when I tell them I have to go home and workout before I can go out for the night or go dancing or whatnot. they will try to talk you out of it or make you think your being selfish! Unless people ask me now, I do not share my workout routine. Except with all of you!!!1LOL

girl i hear ya, co-workers are people i've learned to block out, they hate that i'm running and doubting it.. but like i care what they think, these are the same people that start talking about what they gonna eat for lunch at 8:30 a.m. while their eating fried potatoes.. LOLLOL and already up there in their dress sizes.. i got one that says she's getting married erry year but she can't b/c she doesn't want to be a fat bride.. well she ain't did nothing about it yet in all these many years, and she never will, so i guess she ain't getting married, b/c we ain't never met him no way, nobody has..LOL but i can't take it..

YES I WAS SO PROUD OF ALI oh that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo great the first woman to win.. b/c its easier for the men to loose and much faster, we just have to be steady and determined.. and i'm hitting two weeks now on doing it everyday now and harder workout than b4.. so i gotta keep my mindset and motivation up! b/c i'm hurting to bad now to stop, b/c no pain no gain.. Wink and when your hurting you gotta keep doing it, until it doesn't hurt no more..
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 7:52pm
You all are inspirational. Sexi...I feel you on wanting to go all out and exercise every day to get your mind into it. that's how I was years ago --- a little obsessive, but I guess you need to be at first! I think if you can keep exercise up daily for at least two weeks, you've created a habit that will be hard to break and it will make you feel guilty to stop. I loved watching the Biggest Loser & Ali's success! What a great story. Yeah, then I head over to Dancing w/Stars to see the hard bodies and keep my head straight! LOL

One thing I have noticed with maintaining fitness & health (for me pesonally). It doesn't help to TELL a lot of other people what you're doing. People have a way of sabotaging you. Not sure if they mean to, but I find a lot of women give me the evil eye when I tell them I have to go home and workout before I can go out for the night or go dancing or whatnot. they will try to talk you out of it or make you think your being selfish! Unless people ask me now, I do not share my workout routine. Except with all of you!!!1LOL
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 5:55pm
GIRL let me tell you between the running and the weights now my azz hurts as well as my thighs LORD HELP ME!!! i made it again today its wearing me out! the dog was even tired today LOLLOL but i'm determined and i really believe that the Lord is helping me b/c i've been lazy.. i haven't been just not doing nothing tho, i have been doing at least the shortest pilates tape i have only 30 min for a few months but not as regular as i should have been 3 x's a week..LOL but that wasn't doing it, b/c i was eating too.. now i'm really working out for real, i guess its no way around it, lazy won't get it off you gotta work on it.. at least i'm sleeping good now.. LOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL i brought a lot of great dresses for summer last year and they still got the tags on them b/c the DD's was over flowing and i wasn't getting them on like they should have been.. i refuse to have another summer like that again.. i just refuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

i don't know about ya, but i'm determined this year to get my body is shape for the summer.. I've been running 6 miles a day with my miniture dashund b/c he needs to calm all his excitement down (he's 1 y/o) and i need to burn some calories (killing two birds with one stone).. I can't be having all this banging hair and not have a banging body to go along with it.. I've paid all this money for the surgery i had so its important to maintain my investment..

Not to mention since i had that blood clot incident, i wasn't allow to eat certain things like anything green, which put salads out.. now i've not been back to my regular weight since i've recovered.. now i'm determined to get it all back in top shape.. and those considering PS need to think along these terms, b/c its an expensive investment that it must be kept up..just b/c you get PS doesn't mean its over, you gotta keep your investment in shape..

so i'm just saying let's support each other in our diets and exercise routines to get it together and be totally fierce from hair to toes.. so who's up for the challenge? i've decided instead of sitting my butt behind this computer i'm going to be working it out! so if i'm not on as much that's why? i'd like to see us support each other and get a LF Diva's body challenge going on to be the hottest diva's we already know we are for summer 2008.. who's on board?

Sexi,

I am soooooooo mad at you right now AngryAngryAngryAngry  I called myself being inspired and hopped on the treadmill to run a mile.  Let me preface this story by saying that I don't run from one corner of my bedroom to the other corner.  There were all these high school girls running real hard and then switching to the bike and then the elliptical machine.  Well....I barely made it a half a mile and then my thighs were on fiyahhhh!  I was sore before I stepped off the machine LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL  I'm going to read Monique's book "Skinny B*tches Are Evil!"
happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 5:13pm
I am in.  In 05 I lost 20 pounds on a low carb diet and managed to get into a size 4. I have gained ALL of the weight back cause I am lazy. I have only exercised about 3 times this year.  And since I work from home now I am constantly stuffing my face with junk food. I need to regain control over my body. I promised myself that I  will go to the gym in my building and try to speedwalk at least 3 miles on the treadmill this evening. Please Pray for me. fallenangel
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 1:57pm
I know that heffa got down to my size the one that won the biggest loser!!! looking hot too.. Clap.. i was like OMG that's great!! i'm so hyped up about it, my pants are sliding today so i know somethings going on good here YIPEEEE they about to fall off.. so today its back to running and pilates.. i don't know what's worst the running or them weights so either way i gotta keep going b/c i love to see results and starting to see them ...
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 1:47pm

ya i'm sitting here crying at the dramatic weight loss on the biggest loser for the final show.. some of these people were weighing over 400 lbs.. man think about it, some of us don't have to even work as hard as they did, but they made it!!!! and their loss has been so inspirational b/c they met the challenge and did the work its so rewarding for them and me for them too.. and i'm so happy for them and their lifestyle change.. WE CAN DO THIS! now i'm gonna change over to DWTS and hate them heffa's these people are gonna push me where i need to go!!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL i can't wait to get there and post my final pictures of my goal weight and in my hot bikkni LOLLOLLOLLOL keep encouraging each other, as i sit here with all my muscles hurting and screaming like HE(LL after the weight workout today!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL i'm gonna keep on, keeping on!!!!

I'm with you on this one sexi.  here is a link of the contestants:

Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 12:01pm
Ok ladies, I worked it our hard last night (this is my 4th workout) and I must say, today putting on my jeans, wow, momma's legs are looking good and tight (lol).  Now if I could just get this cellulite on the back of my thighs to go I would be happy (lol)
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 5:47am
Day 3 for me.. I did Turbo Jam Cardio Mix 45min.  At one point the it was looking at me,cause I had to stop and catch my breath..LOL..No ab workout,  because after doing that their was no need... I might do the ab workout tonight if I don't get home to late....
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 7:58pm
ya i'm sitting here crying at the dramatic weight loss on the biggest loser for the final show.. some of these people were weighing over 400 lbs.. man think about it, some of us don't have to even work as hard as they did, but they made it!!!! and their loss has been so inspirational b/c they met the challenge and did the work its so rewarding for them and me for them too.. and i'm so happy for them and their lifestyle change.. WE CAN DO THIS! now i'm gonna change over to DWTS and hate them heffa's these people are gonna push me where i need to go!!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL i can't wait to get there and post my final pictures of my goal weight and in my hot bikkni LOLLOLLOLLOL keep encouraging each other, as i sit here with all my muscles hurting and screaming like HE(LL after the weight workout today!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL i'm gonna keep on, keeping on!!!!

Edited by sexibeach - April 15 2008 at 8:00pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Mistress Shaka Mistress Shaka wrote:

i hear ya ladies, and faze your right you just gotta do it.. i've been working out for years, the firm, gillard, all of them and i do it at home too, got a boat load of DVD's and tapes.. but that blood clot set me back.. now i'm back and i'm not playing this has got to go!!! Mistress these thighs are hollering OK? i do the weights i go to b/c it makes me sweat more than anything else..

Nemesiz girl i got DD's but i think they went up a notch so i just want them back to DD..LOL

Being a shortie ain't no joke you can't go nowhere but outward if you let it go!!!

Sexi you are right about the weights it does make you sweat and it is known that as you start to age you have to keep your inner core heated up to burn calories on a consistant basis.  I do cardio and weights 5 days a week for 2 to 3 hours a day.  I use to bodybuild years ago and I should have never stopped because I have always loved that hard bodied look...but girl I am on my way there again. Tongue

I also throw a little zumba into my workouts here and there when the instructor comes in and yes when I wokr my thighs I work them!!!  I start off with the cycle to warm them up then I go into leg lifts, then to lunges, then to hack squats, then to squats, then to leg presses, then the inner and outer thigh machines.  Now how is that for a workout? Confused  Girl then I have to play toe tag with the excelerator of my car to get home...hehehe  Because all that work makes your legs feel like rubber and that is just for the thighs, but it is worth it in the end.

GIRL YOU AIN'T NEVR LIED I JUST FINISHED MY WEIGHTS FOR AN HOUR THEM SQUATS AND LEG LUNGES ARE A B*TC(hLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL i'm alternating days today with weight's LORD JESUS! tomorrow back to running and pilates. LOL

Edited by sexibeach - April 15 2008 at 5:29pm
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 5:20pm

i hear ya ladies, and faze your right you just gotta do it.. i've been working out for years, the firm, gillard, all of them and i do it at home too, got a boat load of DVD's and tapes.. but that blood clot set me back.. now i'm back and i'm not playing this has got to go!!! Mistress these thighs are hollering OK? i do the weights i go to b/c it makes me sweat more than anything else..

Nemesiz girl i got DD's but i think they went up a notch so i just want them back to DD..LOL

Being a shortie ain't no joke you can't go nowhere but outward if you let it go!!!

Sexi you are right about the weights it does make you sweat and it is known that as you start to age you have to keep your inner core heated up to burn calories on a consistant basis.  I do cardio and weights 5 days a week for 2 to 3 hours a day.  I use to bodybuild years ago and I should have never stopped because I have always loved that hard bodied look...but girl I am on my way there again. Tongue

I also throw a little zumba into my workouts here and there when the instructor comes in and yes when I wokr my thighs I work them!!!  I start off with the cycle to warm them up then I go into leg lifts, then to lunges, then to hack squats, then to squats, then to leg presses, then the inner and outer thigh machines.  Now how is that for a workout? Confused  Girl then I have to play toe tag with the excelerator of my car to get home...hehehe  Because all that work makes your legs feel like rubber and that is just for the thighs, but it is worth it in the end.

Edited by Mistress Shaka - April 15 2008 at 5:22pm
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Nemesiz Nemesiz wrote:

fakeizme, I'm definitely going to visit that website, not doing the gym thang.  MistressShaka I'm definitely in the shorty crew with you at 5"0' and past DDD status (I carry my weight in my boobs) I weighed myself at the wellness center at the high school i teach at and needless to say I wasn't thrilled.  Could stand to lose 50-60 lbs.  I will take it 20 lbs at a time. I ran to supermarket after work to get the necessary foods to start TOMMORROW.  I will be revisiting the last few pages of this thread to get more info on the lemonade cleansing.

Nemesiz I feel ya sis.  I will keep encouraging you as well because I know we can ALL do it.  Now there is nothing wrong with the gym thang!!!!  I go to the gym to workout and I have never went there to meet nor greet if it happens cool.

When I go to the gym I am there to put on a fashion show I go there to get this body in shape so I know I will have to look ugly to look good in the latter...LOL  So if you do decide to go to a gym just pick one you are comfortable with and do yo thang!!!!!!

Keep your head up sis!!
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:35pm
I am not sure about the lemonade diet...I watched a documentary on it on TLC. They had 10 ladies in an experiment (5 on the diet, another 5 on healthy balanced meals)...when it was over, the ladies on the master cleanse had not lost anything....they lose the first couple days (water weight) and then gradually maintain the original weight. http://shopping.discovery.com/product-64374.html?jzid=40588005-41-0
The dr who did the experiment has it in a book...you can get the documentary free at your local library.

Good luck to all the ladies though. I stick with excersise and balanced meals that are in smaller potions.
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:22pm
After thoroughly reading about the master cleanse lemonade diet, I think it would be beneficial for me to do that first before starting my diet regiment.  Spoke to hubby about it and he'd like to do it with me for moral support.
Sexi, I feel you about asking God for strenght and motivation because Lawd knows 10 days in not going to be easy.  I sure do like the idea of eliminating some cravings for certain foods.  That would definitely help me stay on the wagon this time.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Shonita24 Shonita24 wrote:

Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

^^^Shonita: I work out six days a week - Sundays off. That's probably a bit much for most people, especially to start. But, it's great if you do one day cardio, then the next day muscle building. It's probably better to start off slow and steady (consistent) then hit it hard right away; you won't be as sore and ready to give up! We're with you all the way!

thanks Fakeizme!!!!!!

i tell ya  i have to keep it going, i can't have a day off especially at the beginning, i have to do it everyday b/c i have to get in the motivation up where it becomes my mindset.. so i have to do it until i don't feel right if i don't.. then maybe i can take off on the weekends but i'm a long way from that now so its everyday for me..

Edited by sexibeach - April 15 2008 at 2:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic