Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LF Diva's Hot Body Challenage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

^^^Shonita: I work out six days a week - Sundays off. That's probably a bit much for most people, especially to start. But, it's great if you do one day cardio, then the next day muscle building. It's probably better to start off slow and steady (consistent) then hit it hard right away; you won't be as sore and ready to give up! We're with you all the way!

thanks Fakeizme!!!!!!
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 2:07pm
^^^Shonita: I work out six days a week - Sundays off. That's probably a bit much for most people, especially to start. But, it's great if you do one day cardio, then the next day muscle building. It's probably better to start off slow and steady (consistent) then hit it hard right away; you won't be as sore and ready to give up! We're with you all the way!
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:11pm
Count me in Family!

I started working out last week and my calves are still burning from my workout from last thursday (ugh).  I'm 6'0 and 148lbs, but after having my son 4 years ago I am flabby.  I never had a gut till after him (lawd have mercy)!  People say, "oh you look good for having 3 kids", then I tell them, "let me take my clothes off, then you won't be saying that" LOL.  I am glad I have encouragement from you guys because I get so lazy after a long day at work and I just want to cook dinner, get the kids together and go to sleep!.  How many days a week are you guys working out?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 11:22am
THAT'S GREAT! just do it its not easy i don't even like it but just do it!!! make your mind up and for sure ask God to help you cuz i sho can't do it by myself..
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 5:31am
Hello ladies..It was hard for me this morning but I did it. I didn't get off work until 7 pm last night, which meant I worked 12 hours.  I went by Sally's to get my bleaching kit and got home 7:28pm.. I didn't want to workout, but I told myself I have to keep going with this thing, it's only my first day.. So I proceeded to change clothes.. I got my LF bleached it for 20 mins, while I did Turbo Jam for 20 mins.. The turn out was ok, but I was not happy.. I'm going to leave the bleaching to the experts for now. I just won't wear a part anytime soon.

Well I got up this morning at 4:30. Saying Lord, please have mercy on me, I need to get up. Got up and worked out.

I did Turbo Jam for 20 mins 
I did 16 repetitions of each below
Traditional Crunch
Pulse Up
Saxon Side Bend
Squat
Bench Press
Bent Over Row
Military Press
Upright Row
Triceps Kickback
Biceps Curl
Had my bowl of cereal and now I'm at work at 6:19pm.
About to take my vitamins in 30 mins...
Can I go home nowConfused

Edited by NClady - April 15 2008 at 5:34am
weave4dayz365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weave4dayz365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by lfluver lfluver wrote:

Glad to hear that I am not the only only trying to tackle this beast. I started working out in January and so far I have 35lbs. I walk about 2-3 miles a day for at least 4 days out of the week. This month I started weight training. The squats with the dumbells are kicking my arse. Back is sore, thighs sore, booty sore. Even went out and got some ben wa balls to work my "other" muscle. The eating and working out isnt that bad but the coca cola is my downfall. Sexi, I know what you mean about not going home if there isnt enough. My fridge stays stocked. The cigs for me aren't bothering me too bad either. I decided to quit for my birthday in June and I am trying to lose another 20lbs by then. Its crunch time so last week i started my cappucino delight slimfast. mmmm tastes so good and it really does control my carb and hunger for four hours. I also added water to the mix, 3 20oz bottles a day for now. I could probably do more if I could just put those damn cokes down!

I live alone, so I dont' have to grocery shop.  Right now the only thing in my fridge is Fiji water, Maple Syrup and lemons.  I'm on the Master Cleanse for 10-days and then it's back to chicken breast, veggies, eggs, juice and protein powder.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weave4dayz365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Ammo Ammo wrote:

I'm actually about to start on the Master Cleanse "Lemonade Diet". It truly helps clean your system out and provides a clean slate for you to start eating healthy. You go on it for a minimum of 10 days and after that you body will not crave the things you shouldn't be eating.

I'm co-signing this.  The Master Cleanse definitely does work in cleansing your body and assisting weight loss, in fact, I just started it again today for about 10 days to help with the 30lbs I need to lose.Clap
lfluver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfluver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 9:33pm
Glad to hear that I am not the only only trying to tackle this beast. I started working out in January and so far I have 35lbs. I walk about 2-3 miles a day for at least 4 days out of the week. This month I started weight training. The squats with the dumbells are kicking my arse. Back is sore, thighs sore, booty sore. Even went out and got some ben wa balls to work my "other" muscle. The eating and working out isnt that bad but the coca cola is my downfall. Sexi, I know what you mean about not going home if there isnt enough. My fridge stays stocked. The cigs for me aren't bothering me too bad either. I decided to quit for my birthday in June and I am trying to lose another 20lbs by then. Its crunch time so last week i started my cappucino delight slimfast. mmmm tastes so good and it really does control my carb and hunger for four hours. I also added water to the mix, 3 20oz bottles a day for now. I could probably do more if I could just put those damn cokes down!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weave4dayz365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

i'm serious i 'm like a size 8 which isn't bad, but when your clothes are a size 6 and 4 its a problem.. plus i gave away my fat clothes LOL so its for real now.. i forgot to say i'm doing 45 min of pilates and toning with weights alternating days, and i'm eating low carbs.. i've also been doing the http://www.nopalina-nopalina.com/ which i mix with oatmeal b/c i can't drink it straight but it keeps my cholestrol and everything in check and keeps you very regular.. not like laxative's but it flushes your body out!!!!! i love that b/c it makes my tummy very flat.. and it does help you loose weight.. another thing i've been doing that helps with my blood circulation is taking cayenne pepper pills, and it doesn't heat you up on the inside but it does speed up the metabolizism.. and also so does apple cider vinder pills..

Sexi (hey grrrrl) count me in count me IN!! I have been working out and trying to lose atleast 30lbs.  My doctor is assisting me and has put me on Merida, and it is working!!!  I have different goals that I'm trying to set and the first is to lose FAT!! well, I'm not out of control, I stll look good but I need to lose. Basically I look like Janet Jackson did when she gained all that well!! Ok! so I'm on the treadmill for 45 mins a day at 3.8 -4.0 mph. and the last 15 minutes of my workout I increase the incline to 4.0.  I do this for 5 times a week.  next week I will incorporate punching the heavy bag for 15 mins.  will do that for 2 months.  At the end of 2 months I"m hoping to have lost atleast 25-30 lbs. then I will start back running!!! Wish me luck.Clap

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 8:51pm

thanks faze i'm on it, i do know what it takes, one day it hit me i'm gonna either stop looking at erica cane and be erica cane.. and i was, so i've done it so many times b4, now i'm back on my way.. i love cheryl burkes body she's not too skinny but workin that body like nobody's business that heffa!!!!!..LOLLOLLOL

griff you've got to cut pepsi loose, trust me i was addicted for years, drank pepsi and smoke cigs and stayed skinny forever.. now they whole thing has changed, stop the cigs but the pepsi was still there.. i can't have a sip otherwise i'm back on it.. i had to cut it loose its like drugs to me..diet yuck i can't even fake that one.. give me the real thing.. LOLLOLLOL had to have my litter a day couldn't go home if i thought it wasn't enough!!!

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 8:26pm
Griff: good for you. That home cleaning will likely count as some kind of cardio! LOL Sounds like you have a great eating plan already. It's great that you're just jumping in and not waiting or procrastinating!
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 8:24pm

AND YES THEY MAKE ME SICK THEM HEFFA'S ON DWTS, I'M LOOKING AT THEM RIGHT NOW and YES they gonna make me put them heffa's to shame when i'm done with it..

Yes Sexi! that's the way to think; you're gonna be looking better than them soon enough! Wink Plus, they have all that fake tan and hair pieces to help! LOL  Sounds like you are on it --- cardio and weights -- you can't lose you will lose!!!
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 8:00pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm checking in for day one.  Today I started SBD.  I had two pieces of turkey bacon and water for breakfast, a turkey burger with red. fat cheddar and some lettuce for lunch, vanilla ricotta creme for snack, and a green bean and cheddar omlet for dinner (gross I know Thumbs%20Down).  I have literally been cleaning my house since I got home, so I may wait until tomorrow to exercise.  I had three glasses of water which is HUGE for me and only one small glass of diet pepsi (I need a twelve step program for that stuff!).  I'll at least practice some yoga poses, work on the stability ball and stretch out my back.  How'd I do?

My goal:  To lose 10-15 pounds and be the cutest, long hair flowing, bikini (or tankini) wearing girl on Redondo Beach, CA this summer.

Edited by griff - April 14 2008 at 8:01pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

LOL! I am going to use you ladies AND the "heifers" on 'Dancing With the Stars' as motivation to keep working out! LOL I have been working out for years now and I find that the best way to do it is just to DO IT. Don't make excuses; just set a time in the day every day (or every other day) that you will work out. That's YOUR time. My system is at-home videos and DVDS. When I discovered Cathe Friedrich my body changed. There's a forum on her website also: www.cathe.com.  she is an advanced workout instructor and will kick your ass! For you ladies that want to be challenged AND get fit, she's where it's at. Oh gawd, I'm making my self sick with all this.ConfusedEmbarrassed LOL! One tip: fit weight training in. You will burn fat without having to cut too many calories or foods you love. sparkpeople.com is great also. Love you ladies!!!

AND YES THEY MAKE ME SICK THEM HEFFA'S ON DWTS, I'M LOOKING AT THEM RIGHT NOW and YES they gonna make me put them heffa's to shame when i'm done with it..
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 7:19pm
i hear ya ladies, and faze your right you just gotta do it.. i've been working out for years, the firm, gillard, all of them and i do it at home too, got a boat load of DVD's and tapes.. but that blood clot set me back.. now i'm back and i'm not playing this has got to go!!! Mistress these thighs are hollering OK? i do the weights i go to b/c it makes me sweat more than anything else..

Nemesiz girl i got DD's but i think they went up a notch so i just want them back to DD..LOL

Being a shortie ain't no joke you can't go nowhere but outward if you let it go!!!

Edited by sexibeach - April 14 2008 at 7:20pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 7:15pm
Nemesiz: you can do it!!!! I know what you mean about the gym thang. I don't really do gyms unless I absolutely HAVE to! It's a great way to meet people, but I'm not there to meet and greet; plus I usually don't look so good with my holed-up yoga pants and torn bra top!!! LOL. I support you 100%
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:51pm
fakeizme, I'm definitely going to visit that website, not doing the gym thang.  MistressShaka I'm definitely in the shorty crew with you at 5"0' and past DDD status (I carry my weight in my boobs) I weighed myself at the wellness center at the high school i teach at and needless to say I wasn't thrilled.  Could stand to lose 50-60 lbs.  I will take it 20 lbs at a time. I ran to supermarket after work to get the necessary foods to start TOMMORROW.  I will be revisiting the last few pages of this thread to get more info on the lemonade cleansing.

Edited by Nemesiz - April 14 2008 at 6:52pm
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:43pm

girl its serious LOL my thighs are screaming..LOLLOLLOLLOL  i think that was from the sculpting and toning workout yesterday with weights..but i made it thru the running and pilates...had a low carb lunch seared chicken topped with a little cheese, green and red peppers, and a lettuce wedge.. soup for dinner.. water, water, water, and now WINE!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL

Sexi I feel ya about the thigh workout.   I will be doing that again today along with doing hack squats and the treadmil, and the revolving stair master.  Girl I can feel it now....the burn...the pain...CryTongueWink
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:39pm
LOL! I am going to use you ladies AND the "heifers" on 'Dancing With the Stars' as motivation to keep working out! LOL I have been working out for years now and I find that the best way to do it is just to DO IT. Don't make excuses; just set a time in the day every day (or every other day) that you will work out. That's YOUR time. My system is at-home videos and DVDS. When I discovered Cathe Friedrich my body changed. There's a forum on her website also: www.cathe.com.  she is an advanced workout instructor and will kick your ass! For you ladies that want to be challenged AND get fit, she's where it's at. Oh gawd, I'm making my self sick with all this.ConfusedEmbarrassed LOL! One tip: fit weight training in. You will burn fat without having to cut too many calories or foods you love. sparkpeople.com is great also. Love you ladies!!!
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by NClady NClady wrote:

Well, dang.. I'm 5'4 and I'm 183.6, looking like a football playerLOL... I need to get this fat off my back...Plus I'm a DD cup and would love to be in a C cup...I carry alot of my weight on top. My doctor told me no breast reduction until I have kids..Unhappy...

I at my almonds and had my chicken salad... I want some M&M's so bad..they are normally my afternoon snack.. No chocolate for the next eight weeks for me...My goal is to lose at least 23.6 pounds before my birthday

Girl!!! I am 5'1 and trying to keep my DD cups but want to lose everywhere else.  I am working on that fat back myself doing a combo of lateral pull downs, and lat pull ups.  Let's keep supporting each other I know We can ALL do it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic