Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LF Diva's Hot Body Challenage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
ebyokuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebyokuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:14am
count me in! my boyfriend is a chef and I love to eat and he loves to cook. I was in denial of how much weight I'd gained but after trying to go and buy some cute spring clothes, I came home and threw all the junk food out of the house. I buy fruit, almonds and those baby carrots and stick them in my purse when I leave the house (as a snack) so I can drive by mcdonalds and laugh! I also bought a little ice cooler, fill it with ice packs and cold water and whatever else I want to keep cool (i.e. sandwiches)and stick it in my car so I don't have to stop at the gas station to buy water and be tempted to buy that candy bar at the counter. I often have to eat out for work 2-3 times a week so I only eat half of what I order and always get a salad first to fill me up and pass on the soda. yeah, pepsi is like crack. just a little sip and your back on it!

I take a weight training cardio class, a hip hop class and a pilates class. I also do some exercises at home my physical therapist taught me which puts my legs and abs into great shape. I am determined to loose this weight! My boyfriends is a cyclist so he's going to have me start riding with him. We eat dinner by 7pm and if I want some dessert, I eat a jello pudding cup. I only allow myself one splurge item a week, whether it's some port wine or a cupcake, I savor it because it's only one thing once a week. ITA sexi, once your body is in shape and your burning calories all the time, you don't watch what you eat as much as when you started. In college, I was soooo fit, I had problems finding clothes because I was so small. Now that I'm out, I gained weight in places I never thought I could and my butt has gotten wider! so in one week I dropped 3 lbs. And we started a house rule, no junk food allowed in the house.

We can do it ladies! Thanks for starting this post sexi.

Edited by ebyokuri - April 17 2008 at 12:20am
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 5:57am
Day 4: I didn't do anything this morning...long night..
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:51am
Why is it so hard for me to get motivated?  I'll say I need to lose weight, I know I need to lose weight, but getting started and staying motivated is so hard for me.  I need to lose at least 40-50 lbs for health reasons, I', 5'9" and I currently weight 205lbs.  While most people are shocked when they hear that I weight over 200lbs (I guess I carry it better than someone that is shorter), they don't see my stomach which I conceal with shirts that are never tucked in.  It's so hard because I have all these skinny heifers here at work, constantly doing potlucks and bringing in all kinds of food and I smell it all day, then when something is offered to me, I can't resist.  How is it they eat all day long and never gain an ounce and they never exercise?  How do you guys get and keep your motivation?  My biggest struggle is exercising.  I have successfully (even with the potlucks) kept my caloric intake to 1200-1400 per day but I know that's not enough to lose weight.  I know I need to exercise to increase my metabolism.  But I look at my ellyptical machine and turn and walk the other way.  I'll pull out exercise video's and feel completely overwhelmed.  How do you ladies do it?  I really need help.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 7:05am
Princess girl i hear ya, work folks will have your round and roly poly.. i realized when i first started working here that i had to seperate myself from these people's habits.. i wasn't having it. i all they think about is eating.. motivation has been difficult i had to pray on it, and said Lord if you don't help me it can't be done! and i actually feel that is the reason i'm now motivated.. its a mindset to block out others and do what you gotta do for yourself.. honestly i can't allow the bad habits of others make me miserable.. and i can't believe i'm reaching muscle that apparently i've not worked in a long time, i can't remember working out to the degree that my azz actually hurts!! LOLLOLLOL walking up the steps today i guess my gluteus maximus is feeling each and every step.. but i'm seeing a difference and once your able to see something then the inspiration gets more intense.. just do it Princess..
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:02pm
I will cheer you Diva's on from the sidelines!  My get up and go, got up and wentout
mirason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:44pm

What a great challenge!! I commend you ladies...

I wish i could join in, but this pregnancy is kicking my behind...somedays i'm even unable to walk for half a mile...how pitiful!!! :( 
I've already gained 8 pounds so far and i'm only 5 months along...I wish i knew what to do to keep my weight gain minimal...

amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 2:30pm
SB your post just give me more and more motivation and determination. Thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 2:36pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 2:38pm
I love Jhud and I think prior to being on AI she lost about 100lbs more /less. She looks very nice.

Edited by amazon1147 - April 17 2008 at 2:44pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:50pm
well we just gotta keep encouraging one another b/c it ain't easy that's for sure.. did the run today and pilates, as i was going back home after the run with butt and thighs screaming, i was thinking maybe i could do the 30 min workout instead of the 45 min of pilates.. but no went home and got busy, b/c honestly i needed those stretches from the pilates to help with the aches and pains..
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Princess girl i hear ya, work folks will have your round and roly poly.. i realized when i first started working here that i had to seperate myself from these people's habits.. i wasn't having it. i all they think about is eating.. ...LOL walking up the steps today i guess my gluteus maximus is feeling each and every step.. but i'm seeing a difference and once your able to see something then the inspiration gets more intense.. just do it Princess..

Sexi, you make me laugh!! It hits home because it's so true. Food brings people together, but not HEALTHY food. LOL You do have to separate yourself from those people.

Good for you that you can feel your azz!!! I LOVE that feeling and hate when I don't feel it anymore. I mix things up every week, just so I can feel some soreness in my muscles (yeah, I'm sick!). Seeing is believing --- when you SEE your body change, you get inspired!!! Tongue
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:52pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Princess girl i hear ya, work folks will have your round and roly poly.. i realized when i first started working here that i had to seperate myself from these people's habits.. i wasn't having it. i all they think about is eating.. ...LOL walking up the steps today i guess my gluteus maximus is feeling each and every step.. but i'm seeing a difference and once your able to see something then the inspiration gets more intense.. just do it Princess..

Sexi, you make me laugh!! It hits home because it's so true. Food brings people together, but not HEALTHY food. LOL You do have to separate yourself from those people.

Good for you that you can feel your azz!!! I LOVE that feeling and hate when I don't feel it anymore. I mix things up every week, just so I can feel some soreness in my muscles (yeah, I'm sick!). Seeing is believing --- when you SEE your body change, you get inspired!!! Tongue

ITS SO TRUE THEY DO, AT 8:30 A.M. THEY WANNA EAT AND WE JUST GOT THERE....LOL you gotta be strong, pull out the slim fast and look the other way... but that's all the more reason to work out, cuz if you wanna eat stuff then you must burn off them calories.. i have been there where i was so into it that i had to switch up to feel the burn again.. i'm not there yet, but that's why i'm alternating weights/toning and pilates/running.. and i'm definitely feeling it, but if i keep going i'll get there again where it doesn't hurt anymore, just seeing results..

Edited by sexibeach - April 17 2008 at 6:56pm
TressaMagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TressaMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 10:30pm
I'm with ya.  I was about 210 in December.  I work with this hot a man that makes all the ladies just melt when he walks.  He is known all over the circuit (and this is a BIG circuit) as just damm!  Latin, Olive skinned, Toned, Kind of ROughneck, Ridiculously charming, His curls fall over long eyelashes that almost touch is eyebrows, and dimples deep enough to welllll . . .Why he singled my fat a___ out I will never know. Except this hair is like SEXi sez "Bangin".  Hair is a sex object. They proved if it is thick lush and full men will chase ya. Yeah but we don't want 2 bust a sweat  . . right?  We just want to blow everyone's mind.  Be careful what you ask for. This dude told me I needed to get back on my diet. ooooh i was so embarassed, but flattered that he cared enough to even suggest that. he brought me health books etc. He'd come so close I would have a fit.  I had a tummy tuck y'all. I need my butt kicked for gaining this weight.  I have been running ever since.  Here's fun way to get started.  Belly dance. It's SEXY, yet gradual and it burns a lot of calories. Just buy a tape or record from tv fitness channel. It is hard at first, but when those muscles loosen up . . (I have six pack now) I couldn't even move at first.  My thighs were so big I had to coordinate them to walk.  They were talking to each other . (left thigh) "U Go", (right thigh)" No! U go first!"  . . . .I bet I'm down two sizes now somewhere around 170 and still workin/

Edited by TressaMagic - April 18 2008 at 10:34pm
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 11:30am
sorry that i am coming into this so late.  i am down for the cause ladies.  to start myself off, i am gonna detox with that hellified Beyonce diet mixture for only 5 days.  i don't think that i can do the entire 10 days to start with.  that is starting on Monday morning(4/21) and each day i will be riding the stationary bike everyday for at least 30 minutes and doing the sauna for about 10-15 minutes every other day. i'm with Sexi when she said being fab from hair to toe. 

I AM ON IT WITH YOU DIVAS.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 3:38pm
alright ladies welcome to the new comer's let's do this.. i got up early and YEY i'm getting to the point even tho i wanted to just lay in bed but my mind set is kicking into gear i had to get up and do my weights YEY! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M EXCITED.. BUT i see my body beginning to change.. so this evening is cardio b/c i'm all about burning some stuff up first.. then monday back to running and pilates.. went to the doctor's but didn't loose much weight but i have loss inches so i'm gonna write down my measurements b/c that's what happens first, the inches go first..
lindavee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindavee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 6:59pm
OK IM IN ,AS SOME OF YOU FROM OUR OLD HOME (BHM)MAY REMEBER I LOST  44 POUNDS LAST YEAR,I WAS A 10/12.i WENT HOME FOR CHRISTMAS FOR 10 DAYS AND ATE LIKE A COW NOW I'VE GAINED 10 POUNDS SO IM ABOUT 170 ,BUT I'M A 34GG SO MOST OF MY WEIGHT IS IN MY BREAST AND EVEN WITH ALL THE WORKING OUT ,I ONLY LOST  ONE CUP SIZE.I REALLY LOVE THE WAY I LOOKED BECAUSE I WAS VERY CURVY AND VERY DEFINED.NOW I FEEL ITS ALL GETTING FLABBY.ITS REALLY DEPRESSING,SO I HAVE TO START AGAIN

SEXY I KNOW ALL ABOUT THE CRAZY CO-WORKERS,THEY ALREADY HATE ON THE HAIR AND MAKE-UP.ITS FUNNY WHEN I STARTED MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY I LOST ALOT OF FRIENDS AND CO-WORKERS BECAUSE OF THE CONSTANT ATTENTION I WAS GETTING FROM CLIENTS AND MEN. I KNOW THEIR WAITING FOR ME TO BLOW UP AND LOOK LIKE MISS PIGGY BUT I 'M STARTING TODAY!!!
THANKS LADIES.P.S THE CLA REALLY WORKS AND IT REALLY HELPED TO GET RID OF THE FAT.
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 7:41pm
Okay not to hijack a thread but can someone tell me how to post my pic in the avatar?  I tried hosting it from photobucket and reduced it to 64 x64.  Someone help!!!!!!

****Okay I figured it out, have to work on image..lol****

Edited by Mistress Shaka - April 19 2008 at 7:53pm
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 8:07pm
I just got back from running  the racing track by the school and when i say my A** is hurting no joke, i'm kind of glad my home girl got me up out the house too cause i needed that. but now i gotta go back to the store and buy some more Epsom's salt for my bath cause i plan on keeping this up. by the end of this summer i wanna see my thighs looking proper
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 9:22pm
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT! I'm so happy i'm not alone, we need to continue to encourage each other, b/c YES its not easy at all... but hey if we wanna be fly hair to toe is serious.. i'm happy that i've got my sister's with sore azz's just like me.. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic