Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My lace wig parting looks fake - help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Twinklesxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinklesxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My lace wig parting looks fake - help!!
    Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:34am
So the texture's not exactly the perfect match but I can live with that... but the knots / parting looks completely fake! When I compare it to my own parting the wig looks like dolls hair or something coming out from the top the knots are so visible and there's so many they look like little ants or something! i didn't pay all this money for someone to say 'hey you got bugs in your hair lady'

any advice?? I want to fix it up and wear it tomorro so i need a quick solution - I can't upload a picture all I can say it loads and loads of visible knots!! and i believe that if i think the knots look stupid everyone else will and then they'll probably look so hard they'll see the damn lace! LOL

Thanks in advance ladies Smile

xxxx
birdiegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdiegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 10:48am
It sounds like you need to bleach the knots....
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 11:01am
Yep I would say bleach the knots too.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 11:02am
ITA with birdiegrey... In the Newbie section, you'll find the "exact" steps on how to bleach the knots. 
GeminiBaby08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeminiBaby08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 11:03am
Or you can try SexiB other trick Sally Hansen spray, Jerome Russell Natural Blonde Spray, 3m77.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 11:04am
If the hair color is dark you will likely get better results if you use Rit Dye Color Remover on the knots first. For the bleach, I like to use the Loreal SuperBlond that Sexi recommended because it's very effective and it doesn't turn the lace orange like some others can. There are a few other types of bleaching kits that are recommended but I don't remember the names of them. Maybe some of the other ladies can chime in ?
Twinklesxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinklesxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

If the hair color is dark you will likely get better results if you use Rit Dye Color Remover on the knots first. For the bleach, I like to use the Loreal SuperBlond that Sexi recommended because it's very effective and it doesn't turn the lace orange like some others can. There are a few other types of bleaching kits that are recommended but I don't remember the names of them. Maybe some of the other ladies can chime in ?

Is rit dye colour available in the uk though? I really wanted to apply the wig tonight but I guess I'm gonna have to wait to get the products and stuff.
I really don't want to mess up the hair though! I just kno i'll manage to do something wrong! These things are startin to bug me...
if only they weren't so damn pretty! lol

xx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic