Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mixing conditioners for deep conditioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixing conditioners for deep conditioning
    Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:10pm
I just love mixing different types of conditioners when I deep condition my hair as well as my lfs. What conditioners do you mix together? This is what I did last night. I mixed:

Silicon Mix
Cowboy Magic Rose Water Conditioner
Lustra Silks Cholesterol Conditioner (3 different kinds: Aleo Vera, Olive Oil, and Shea/Mango Butter)

I have also just mixed:
Silicon Mix, Cowboy Magic Rose Water, and Chi Curl Preserve
Or
Silicon Mix and Chi Curl Preserve

Or just plain Cowboy Magic Rose Water Conditioner (work really great alone)

I don't have them mixed together in a jar, I just mix them in my hand and slather it on my lf.
I love the results when I use conditioners alone, but it seems like I get better results when I mix them together. So what is your conditioner mix?

For my own hair I just use the three different Cholesterol Conditioners .

Edited to say:  that I nuke my lfs for 2 , 20 second intervals and then wrap them in a heating pad on low heat from 30 mins up to an hour or more depending on the time and the condition of the hair. You can do the same with a heating cap, or wrapping a warm towel around the plastic bag, or submerging your plastic bag with your lf in warm water to deep condition.

Edited by Breh - April 14 2008 at 2:23pm
materialgirlclk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:13pm
i mix Motions CPR and Sunsilk Anti-Poof on  my Light Yaki. luvs it!Wink
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:15pm
Shocked "Mix conditioners?!" I never knew that would work. I can't wait to try it! Thanks, Breh for starting the topic!
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:17pm
Girl yes, and the Cholesterol Conditioners are on sale for $1.79 at Sallys. I bought 3 of the 4 of them. I know, I am a product junkie.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:24pm
I've been using Silicon Mix only and I'm getting great results; soft, shiney, manageable hair. WOW, imagine the results I'll get adding another fine product.

Have you experienced increased product build up on the hair from doing this? Either way, I'm going to get my "conditioner shop on".
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Chic-Geek Chic-Geek wrote:

I've been using Silicon Mix only and I'm getting great results; soft, shiney, manageable hair. WOW, imagine the results I'll get adding another fine product.

Have you experienced increased product build up on the hair from doing this? Either way, I'm going to get my "conditioner shop on".

No, I rinse really well. I probably rinse for about 10 mins with luke warm or cool water. No product build up at all. Wink
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:30pm
Sweet! Smile I've discovered that I need to keep an database of the tips I've gleaned on these forums. In fact, I'm going to build it now and host it on my My "Microsoft Office Share". That way, I'll have access to it on- and off-line. (now you know why they call me Chic-Geek). Wink

Thanks a million! Thumbs%20Up
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:31pm
LOL
Originally posted by Chic-Geek Chic-Geek wrote:

Sweet! Smile I've discovered that I need to keep an database of the tips I've gleaned on these forums. In fact, I'm going to build it now and host it on my My "Microsoft Office Share". That way, I'll have access to it on- and off-line. (now you know why they call me Chic-Geek). Wink

Thanks a million! Thumbs%20Up

That's cuteLOL, You're welcome.
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 3:52pm
For my natural hair: I mix ION Keratin Reconstuctor (Sally's) and Profectiv Mega Growth Deep Strengthening Growth Conditioner together. The ION comes in a pump, so I just pour some Profectiv in it, shake it up and I have deep conditoner.

For my Lace Front: I mix Miss Key Super Conditioner and Silicon Mix together...l
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:55pm
Oh yeah, I love mixing conditioners and I add in different oils as well. I've been finding that Miss Key 10 en 1 is more effective for conditioning than Silicon Mix. I have also ordered this: http://www.biolustre.com/index.html. I don't really believe it can 'fix' hair (nothing can), but I have heard only good things about the 'Revive' treatment. I think these kinds of polymer-type treatments might be key in maintaining highly processed units and hair extensions. I'll let you know how it works when I receive it!Tongue
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 10:38am
cholesterol, pantene hydrating curls conditioner, sunsilk anti poof, olive oil. put in the microwave and then shaken to a creamy consistency.

parnevu teatree treatment, aphogee keratin reconstructor, tea tree oil, nexxus humectress.

nexxus humectress, biosilk silk therapy conditioner, chi curls preserve conditioner, coconut oil.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 7:05pm
^^^^That list is great Intl_babygirl! Effective products.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic