Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ebony OUTS BSS Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TressaMagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TressaMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebony OUTS BSS Hair
    Posted: April 15 2008 at 9:16pm
EBONY (this month)  reveals the way Black Folk have made Koreans multi billionaires.  With the horrid looking plasticky lace wigs they are selling for $700-$1200, I hope they lose money.  Sometimes we feel we have to prove we know everything and tell them they can get better qualiity -even-giving them our contacts.  And for what? I hope that we keep this info to ourselves this time.  THe article goes on to tell how they hand the businesses off to their own and keep taking the dollars from us . .some of them have been here for only 20 years . . I hardly go in the BSS anymore, for anything than color.  I don't want them even looking at my silky fine lacewig . . . .glad they wrote that and slapped me with the truth! What do you think?

Edited by TressaMagic - April 15 2008 at 9:17pm
mujersexyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mujersexyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 10:23pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p96aaTSdrAE

Check this out about the  Koreans and how these black business owners looking to find where they buy their products and they gave the black ppl their azz to kiss  makes me mad as heckAngry

this story has a few parts too it ,it gets very ugly too
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 11:36pm
Oh my I just watched the youtube...my, my, my
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 6:27am
I've seen that on youtube awhile back and yes it made me made. Yeah they wont give up thier source. I also find it interesting that they tend to act like they know about our hair than we do. It just goes to show u that we as a people have to support our buisnesses and step the game up. They have this market SEWED UP
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 6:47am
It's not just a problem in the U.S.   Koreans own 90% of beauty supply stoes across Europe also and are taking over Africa.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mujersexyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Lacygirl Lacygirl wrote:

I've seen that on youtube awhile back and yes it made me made. Yeah they wont give up thier source. I also find it interesting that they tend to act like they know about our hair than we do. It just goes to show u that we as a people have to support our buisnesses and step the game up. They have this market SEWED UP

Ita they dont know nothing about our hair that is y they keep a black worker in their stores cause they dont know anything about our hair ,I've have got one right now hating on me b/c I wont buy his jacked up over priced lfLOLLOLAngry,everytime I come in he asked where did u get that hair, I would say china and that is itAngry and he kept on and he  kind of laughed like my hair wasn't any good AngryAngry so I asked what kind of lf hair he was selling  he said remy, I said what kind of remy Chinese or Indian he paused and said Chinese LOLLOLLOLyeah right ,so I asked what sz was the lf he said one  sz fits allOuchOuchOuchOuchI said okies and laughed in his faceLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 8:51am
happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 12:02pm

Did you know that the korean church lends it members money to start businesses. They are a tighly knit group that help each other. They are also very clever and tight lipped. They used to buy the hair from china. Process it in Korea and sell it to us black folks. Until the late '90's the chinese had no idea why the koreans were buying so much hair from them. And a majority of the  black consumers at the bss had no idea that the hair was chinese. Maybe our churchs should start offering services like this to their members instead of purchasing expensive homes and cars for the preachers.

Edited by happydesta - April 16 2008 at 12:48pm
Mercedes87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercedes87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by mujersexyc mujersexyc wrote:

Originally posted by Lacygirl Lacygirl wrote:

Ita they dont know nothing about our hair that is y they keep a black worker in their stores cause they dont know anything about our hair ,I've have got one right now hating on me b/c I wont buy his jacked up over priced lfLOLLOLAngry,everytime I come in he asked where did u get that hair, I would say china and that is itAngry and he kept on and he  kind of laughed like my hair wasn't any good AngryAngry so I asked what kind of lf hair he was selling  he said remy, I said what kind of remy Chinese or Indian he paused and said Chinese LOLLOLLOLyeah right ,so I asked what sz was the lf he said one  sz fits allOuchOuchOuchOuchI said okies and laughed in his faceLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Lol @ one sz fits all. I wish!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mujersexyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 1:05pm
yep that's what Bruce  lee told me  thank god i've got yallWink
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 1:10pm
Ummm...I just wanted to note that there are a lot of great Chinese and korean business owners. I just hate thinking this will turn into a "us against Koreans" kind of discussion. That doesn't seem to stop a lot of women from buying directly from Chinese vendors when it's 100s of dollars less than American vendors! Let's not promote hatred and prejudice, but promote solidarity among black businesses.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TressaMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 1:32pm
 Not arguing the good and bad.  Just discussing that we should be "wiser" consumers.  IT's not Us against, because at the bottom line we do't own or make anything.  That's the real problem.  China was able to stop the use because they made  the resources. According to my CV  they were mad at each at one time, but are working things out as we speak.  The only way we can create #1) black business is through #2) Solidarity. We must take a stand. We must start somewhere.  Maybe the time has come, here and now to do just that . . .I can't shake off billion dollar profits from clever and tight lipped members if Korean Kyes (Pronounced "gay"). Let me see how Angryarms good they are what they do in communities that support them ! Then and only then wil I will consider "the goodness" but I need to see evidence  . . . .

Edited by TressaMagic - April 16 2008 at 1:35pm
JadeVetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeVetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 3:12pm
There is no need for us to be angry.

So another ethnic group of people took over what Black folk should have kept a constant weary eye on.

It's never too late to stop this madness.  We need more people who want to venture into this industry, and stay dedicated.  The fight will only go so far if there is isn't a mass consensus that WANT change.

Mercedes87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mercedes87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by mujersexyc mujersexyc wrote:

yep that's what Bruce  lee told me  thank god i've got yallWink

Lmao!!LOLLOL
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by TressaMagic TressaMagic wrote:

Not arguing the good and bad.  Just discussing that we should be "wiser" consumers.  IT's not Us against, because at the bottom line we do't own or make anything.  ...The only way we can create #1) black business is through #2) Solidarity. We must take a stand. We must start somewhere. 

I see what you're saying Tressa. Good points.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by JadeVetti JadeVetti wrote:

There is no need for us to be angry.

So another ethnic group of people took over what Black folk should have kept a constant weary eye on.

It's never too late to stop this madness.  We need more people who want to venture into this industry, and stay dedicated.  The fight will only go so far if there is isn't a mass consensus that WANT change.

Ummm...you took the words right out of my mouth. I totally agree (notice I didn't abbreviate?!)LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TressaMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 7:09pm
If we don't vent and complain we won't know where to start. When the Civil Rights movement started, some people refused to march. Others complained and did nothing.  Naysayers said it couldn't happen. A few believed. A few started small. The belief was real, the level of interest grew. Some fought. some didn't. Everybody won.  It would be nice to try. And oh yes Jade Vetti we have so many issues fto fight. Single baby mammas, illness, death many women are standing on their own. More reason for me to fight.  I believe that there are some that don't want to own..business is hard.  But we can support the ones that try.. it won't be overnight, but it can happen.  Two years ago I opened the door to Barack Obama, who agreed to take the babies trick or treating,  He didn't have time.  He dosen't have an interest in Trick or treating. My girlfriend was going through a hellish divorce. Just like us the kids wanted what they wanted right now.  But he stopped his own agenda to "hear" and "respond.  Look where he is today.  Barack went to evrybody's everything in Chicago, and honestly folks gave him way less than 50%.  But that first win against multimillionaire Blair Hull and he's been breaking records ever since.  He's my role model, he worked at it until he won.  I refuse to doubt the possibility that we can take this market back . .even if it's just a few of us.  Our communties need . . .our families need.. this money.  And we need our Crack!!
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 7:26pm
Preach Tressa, preach! You are passionate and well-spoken. It's great that there are people out there that still believe.
JadeVetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeVetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 7:30pm
lol@ Fakeizme

I forgot to mention this, but now this has me thinking: So who is behind the online hair product websites we purchase say, our adhesives from? (i.e Hair Direct, Folica, etc.)

Either way, I will not support those in favor of blacklisting. It is wrong at every level.  The bss store near me in NY is owned by a family of Asian descent. I won't assume what I don't know.  Nevertheless, they have been courteous with me each time I frequented the store for one thing or another. 

For anyone that lives in Suffolk County, New York, you know what it's like to drive anywhere, since nothing is as close as you'd need or like it to be.  And for anyone who lives in Marin County, California, you know what it's like to not find products specifically geared towards you.  Until a favorably owned store becomes established in my neighborhoods (which I doubt), I will have to continue to purchase my needs from the bss store.

I may not have the time, or funds to open one, but will gladly support those that do. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TressaMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 10:17pm

Your point is made and understood.  Gas and distance make all the ifference. Thank you to those of you with kind words.  There is no point to blacklisting. We don't own anything . . yet.  We are not producing anything  . . yet.  Who knows what the future brings?  I am working on an idea right now and maybe others are too. Let just be prayerful, open minded and aware that everybody has talent.  Finding it is another matter. Since my motivation is for the good of an entire people,  (my people)I believe my angels will deliver that wish.  Isn't "Faith the substance of things believed, evidence of things unseen?"  . . .I'm working at solutions and remaining faithful in the meantime . .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic