Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone still use hairspray??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone still use hairspray??
    Posted: October 21 2002 at 9:45am

Does anyone here still use hairspray in their daily routine? What about
aerosol spray? Anyone?
I`m not a big styling product user, only if I`m having a REALLY bad hair
day, and I`ve been aerosol hairspray free for almost 10 years!
Unfortunately, for the years between 1988 and 1992 I used enough
aerosol spray for 2 or 3 entire life times! LOL. I still can`t believe that
stiff BIG hair was as popular as it was! It seemed like everyone was
teasing and spraying... I went through a can at least once a week!
YUCK.
Was anyone else guilty of single handedly destroying the ozone layer?
gh27 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gh27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2002 at 8:15pm
Hi Missinny, well I actually don`t see a problem with still using hairspray. If its what you like, then stick with it. LOL, you know I thought the big hair of the 80`s was actually very attractive. I saw nothing wrong with it myself. Would actually love to see it come back in for a while. What do you think? Gary
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2002 at 12:01am
I too was guilty of both wreaking environmental havoc AND inflating my bangs to astronomical heights with aersole hairspray. Fortunately, times have changed. I grew out my bangs, switched to a spray and will NEVER again create another mushroom cloud above my eyebrows.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 7:18am
I was a big fan of wellas bright pink can HIGH HAIR when they stopped making that I used to use hairspray, (shockwaves) by wella in a metallic light pink can and purple top the stuff was brilliant once sprayed on. Your hair would not move. The gel was put on first, this thick gloopy wet look gel .Then my hair was srunched dried on a high heat, the hair was sprayed with HAIRSPRAY & yes i was a walking fire hazard. Anyone coming into my room used to choke on the fumes. I used to have to wet my hair first, put loads of conditioner on (this was essiential as brushing was impossible) then wash it in a mild shampoo them re condition. Hassle eh???? Good job i have grown up a bit and have more useful things to do with my time. To top it off i used to dye it a mid 80s Bette milder style orange blonde, (own efforts nice & easy ..not!! more like every color on the dulux paint card chart every time i did the color it came out different) Nice...... i look back and cringe!! LOL & yes i hold my hands up to contributing to ozone layer damage!!!!!!!! i used 2 cans maybe more a week & got a job in a hairdressers to feed my addiction. I use hairspray only on the odd occassion, but its usually a high quality one and a can will last a year! but these days i tend to be a lot kinder to it!!!
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 7:21am
I was a big fan of wellas bright pink can HIGH HAIR when they stopped making that I used to use hairspray, (shockwaves) by wella in a metallic light pink can and purple top the stuff was brilliant once sprayed on. Your hair would not move. The gel was put on first, this thick gloopy wet look gel .Then my hair was srunched dried on a high heat, the hair was sprayed with HAIRSPRAY & yes i was a walking fire hazard. Anyone coming into my room used to choke on the fumes. I used to have to wet my hair first, put loads of conditioner on (this was essiential as brushing was impossible) then wash it in a mild shampoo them re condition. Hassle eh???? Good job i have grown up a bit and have more useful things to do with my time. To top it off i used to dye it a mid 80s Bette milder style orange blonde, (own efforts nice & easy ..not!! more like every color on the dulux paint card chart every time i did the color it came out different) Nice...... i look back and cringe!! LOL & yes i hold my hands up to contributing to ozone layer damage!!!!!!!! i used 2 cans maybe more a week & got a job in a hairdressers to feed my addiction. I use hairspray only on the odd occassion, but its usually a high quality one and a can will last a year! but these days i tend to be a lot kinder to it!!!
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2002 at 7:24am
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2002 at 10:21pm
I always hated the big hair look on women, especially with a lot of hair spray. Attractive, sexy short hair styles look best on women, especially with the right makeup and earrings! How do you wear your hair nowadays darling!
lgp82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgp82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2002 at 8:03am
I still use hair spray. I use some on my roots for lift and on the ends of my hair to keep them flipped up.
~*~*Lisa*~*~
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2002 at 1:22am
Well if your hair is in a style wear it flips up into a curl of sorts, I guess hair spray of some sort could help, or something to hold your hair. Do you have your hair in a sort of shoulder length style that flips up just above the shoulders , that is what I imagine!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic