Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TNA Girl to shave head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kensrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TNA Girl to shave head
    Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:06am
It was announced at tonight's iMPACT! taping that all of the Knockouts will be participating in a "Makeover Battle Royal" at Sacrifice and the final two competitors will compete right then and there in a Ladder Match. The girl wins by grabbing the Knockouts title shot contract from above the ring. The loser of the match will receive a "Britney Spears Makeover" by having her head shaved bald.

Go to TNA's websie to see the girls, not sure who will lose.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 8:10am
Well, that bites. When Molly Holly got her hair shaved in the WWE, it was pretty much the beginning of the end for her career, wasn't it?

That being said, two of the better heads of hair in TNA, Gail Kim and Jacqueline, will be signing autographs and posing for photos Saturday at the Gibraltar Trade Center in Mount Clemens, Michigan: http://www.gibraltartrade.com/Shows/AUTOGRAPHS.html You don't think either of them would shave their heads, do you?

Who has more fun than people?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 10:20am
I hope not.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 11:26am
Molly Holly stayed in the WWE for several months after the headshave.  She was actually quite well respected in wrestling circles for going through with the match.  She left the WWE of her own accord a few months later. 

If you look at wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nora_Greenwald, it is written (probably just an opinion) that the door is open for her to return to the WWE.  I don't believe that her headshave led to her leaving wrestling.  I'm sure there are numerous examples of long-haired beauties that that leave wrestling for many reasons that have nothing to do with hair.

Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Well, that bites. When Molly Holly got her hair shaved in the WWE, it was pretty much the beginning of the end for her career, wasn't it?

That being said, two of the better heads of hair in TNA, Gail Kim and Jacqueline, will be signing autographs and posing for photos Saturday at the Gibraltar Trade Center in Mount Clemens, Michigan: http://www.gibraltartrade.com/Shows/AUTOGRAPHS.html You don't think either of them would shave their heads, do you?

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 1:33pm
Well, I'm sure Molly Holly/Nora Greenwald was under contract to wrestle several months after the head shave, but she forever became known as the female wrestler who shaved her head. Her 2004 "hair vs. title" match is even mentioned on that wikipedia link you provided. Want more proof? Google Molly Holly and see what pops up. Two of the three photos of Molly at the top of that site show her getting her hair cut in the ring and many of the links refer to the cut. Cripe, it's what she's remembered most for. Furthermore, since leaving the WWE, she's been on the low-paid independent circuit and been paid for autograph signing. I'm not saying shaving her hair hurt her career, but agreeing to do that sure didn't seem to help. As an aside, I think Molly is very pretty with hair. But she doesn't really fit in with the WWE's current Diva-type wrestler, does she?

Who has more fun than people?
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 3:49pm

Molly Holly shaving her head was her own idea.  It is not like the wwe forced her to shave her head.  I don't see Gail shaving her head, but I can see Jacqueline seeing that she has already been in a couple of hair vs hair matches. 

Lester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 10:03pm
And the one with the longest hair is the redhead,Christy Hemme. She has waist length hair.
kensrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 3:25am

go to TNAWrestling.com and look at some of the girls

there is a lot of nice girls, will be interesting to see what happens. My guess is someone wanted to do it (same as Molly Holly) and this is the wa for it to work into the story line.

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 10:34am

I'm not saying shaving her hair hurt her career, but agreeing to do that sure didn't seem to help. As an aside, I think Molly is very pretty with hair. But she doesn't really fit in with the WWE's current Diva-type wrestler, does she?

I think you hit the nail on the head (no pun intended) she doesn't fit with the current "Diva" type wrestler.  However, she does have legitimate ring skills, and if she choose to, she would still be wrestling with the WWE.

As for the current TNA stunt, I'll believe it when I see it.  When they say "Britney Spears Makeover", maybe they will make the loser take out her current extensions in exchange for bad extensions, and make her the mother of two small boys with a wannabe rap singer!

Edited by ssjockey - April 18 2008 at 10:34am
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 12:55am
SSjockey that was good. LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 4:50pm
Gail Kim has won immunity so you don't have to worry about it being her. 
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 4:50pm
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 4:52pm

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 1:23pm
I heard that Kim didn't get it. This thread about head shaves has been on other forms and well it was brought up that she didn't get it unless there has been a update.
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 1:52pm
She gets immunity in a match that will air this thursday. 
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 12:22am
Thank you. Jaw5.
kensrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 8:22pm

http://www.justin.tv/gtzbest

watch the PPV for free

kensrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 9:26pm
roxxi laveaux was shaved
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic