Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Tip for Bleaching Knots/Natural Part

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~~MrsJones~~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~MrsJones~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Tip for Bleaching Knots/Natural Part
    Posted: April 17 2008 at 5:05am
I use Mac Airbrush Foundation and today it finally occurred to me that I can stray it on my lf to create a natural looking part and faux bleached knots. I did it and it looks great and matches my complexion perfectly of course because it is my shade of foundation. It is a good tip for airbrush make-up wearers and can easily serve two purposes. You can use it to blend your lace perfectly with your foundation. I will post pics soon.
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:57am
i bet it works great but expensive though compared to other alternatives
Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 8:23am
Yea I have the luminess airbrush system which is alot less than mac..im going to purchase some mac airbrush makeup to use with it..hope that works...
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 8:39am
Great tip.  I use Jane Iredale mineral powder foundation to get the same effect.  When I can get away with it, I prefer not to bleach the knots as it can weaken them and cause shedding and breakage.  But sometimes those little black ants are just begging to be bleachedWink
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 9:13am
I use bare minerals (thanks Sexibeach) and it works, too. BUT, I've been interested in the airbrush systems for a while. Heaven_lei, if you have any pointers you don't mind sharing, please PM me. I'd love to know if it's "really" all that, like the marketing states.
candygrl2467 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candygrl2467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 9:56am
what other types of airbrush systems are there?
thedivaisin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 11:20am
MAC also has a spray on foundation. I would if this would work the same cuz I don't have an airbrush yet. Heaven, how u you like the luminess because I have been contemplating buying one.
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:45pm
I use either SH leg spray or my mom's MAC aerosol foundation when I am home and it works very well to help create a natural part. I think some of or similar tips and tricks may have already been mentioned here.

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=60462&KW=&PID=480241#480241

Edited by amazon1147 - April 17 2008 at 12:49pm
Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 1:40pm

i will keep you guys posted, i love my luminess air but have never tried it to create a natural part..i will definitely be trying this...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic