Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This is a cool way to color your lf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is a cool way to color your lf
    Posted: April 17 2008 at 11:25am
I thought you color divas might like this. This a really cool way to color your hair. I really like the end result. I may try this but using different more subtle colors.
I really like how they illustrate exactly how you will need to section your hair. I got this from www.behindthechair.com They a lot of step by step tutorials.

Edited by Breh - April 17 2008 at 11:28am
flawless1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flawless1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 11:28am
I like those colors....
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 11:29am
interesting... but worth trying.
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 11:30am
I LOVE this technique!!  I am gonna try this on my very next lace front.  I'm gonna buy a unit in a color 4 or 6 and play around with deeper auburn and brunette colors.  Thanks for sharing this, Breh Clap

Edited by DonnaB63 - April 17 2008 at 11:58am
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 11:37am
You're welcome. Be sure to post pics Donna.
I am not a color guru, but I feel like I could do this myself seeing that they pretty much show you how.
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 11:59am
already a member there .. that site is awesome !
DiorsMommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorsMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:15pm
brilliant
mirason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:37pm
Indeed, it's interesting....You always have great info, Breh!!  :)
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:39pm
That is very cute. I love coloring my wigs. Maybe I will try that.
thicktrinibabi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thicktrinibabi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 3:37pm
love it
relentless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relentless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 3:49pm
cool

relentless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relentless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 3:54pm
question for Breh!!!!!

If I purchase a unit from you when your up and running, are you going to offer your special techniques as wig services?

Like if i wanted you to bleach my knots and color my unit like that or thin my unit.
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by relentless relentless wrote:

question for Breh!!!!!

If I purchase a unit from you when your up and running, are you going to offer your special techniques as wig services?

Like if i wanted you to bleach my knots and color my unit like that or thin my unit.

I would bleach the knots, wash, condition, seal, fray block but as for coloring I am still learning certain things. I have done all over colors and highlighting, but dying a lf like the above pic I would have to practice the technique first on one of my own lfs. I am not going to attempt to do something on someone else's and mess it up. Once I get it down, then it is all good. Wink

I don't think I will be doing any thinning because what I think is a perfect density thinned, someone else may think it is too thick or too thin. It is merely guided by individual taste and preference so, no I won't be doing thinning.

Edited by Breh - April 17 2008 at 4:29pm
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:41pm
Oh Breh, that's a great diagram; so well laid out!

It's funny: I love going on behindthechair.com and reading through the hair colour forums. BUT, I don't ever dare post there because they absolutely hate clients (non-professionals) doing their own hair! Especially if you ask them for tips! LOL
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:54pm
I thought I saw a commeration on this
Ammo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 5:18pm
Oh my that's beautiful!!
thedivaisin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 5:41pm

Hey if any of you guys are like me and are color and cut challenged. I found this site today that selling coloring and styling instructional vidoes. Some of them appear to be outdated but some look really cool. There are even some that teach the basics. I haven't bought one yet so I can't do a review of the actual videos but you might want to check it out. Ill let you know hwo they are when I get one.

http://www.cosmetology-video-store.com/hair-cutting-videos.aspx

TressaMagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TressaMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 6:46am
Thank you Breh!  Our stylist Wild Dari always comes up with these combos.   She Grunts and Groans and makes it a big deal, but cheekkissyou
have (and you always do) exposed her technique.bounceNow I can do it myself!  Yeah !!!THaaaaaaank you!!
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 10:54am

Breh, girl you are on point!  you are the greatest at bringing the best information to the masses.

you rock girl!

checolatediva1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checolatediva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 10:58pm
Thanks Breh!!! You rock the house. That color is fabulous.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic