Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Relaxer info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hanzel26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanzel26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxer info
    Posted: April 17 2008 at 5:31pm
hello, i have......3a, 3b hair i THINK. I'm not totally sure, but i've seen pictures on the internet that look sort of like my hair, but the point is i've decided to use an at-home, no lye relaxer to try and straighten it.

But i'm confused about using relaxers, because i did the strand test, and it didn't really straighten my hair at all.

1. When it comes to "smoothing" the hair, do you just have to keep it straight? or do you have to continuously run something over it to smooth it. because i just left my hair sample lying on the bathroom sick counter in a straight position after brushing it with a q-tip for about a 3 minutes.

2. Do no-lye relaxers give you hassle-free straight hair? Like, do i have to still use flat irons if i want it straight? I want something that will allow me to withstand humidity and preferably taking a shower and not worrying about straightening it after i get out.

I'm going to use ORS's Olive Oil no-lye relaxer system

thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic