Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Survey: What is your favorite texture?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Survey: What is your favorite texture?
    Posted: April 18 2008 at 1:45pm
I thought it would be fun to have a little survey.

1. Do you have a favorite texture?
My favorite texture is light curl 1.8 cm

2. Why is it your favorite?
Because I look fabulous wearing it. It was my very first curly unit and I love it to death.

3. How long has this been your favorite?
About 2 months

4. What is the most horrid texture that you have received? You absolutely hated it.
I haven't received one that I have hated yet. I have liked them all.

5. Why did you hate it?
N/A

6. If someone gave you a lf and it was made in that dreadful texture would you wear it?
Hell yeah, I sure would. I would most likely change it to suite my taste and rock that bad boy plus it is a free lf. Wink

Thanks ladiesTongue.

PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 1:53pm
I actually have two favorite textures, light yaki and curly

They are easy to style, little maintainance during the week and  I think I look good wearing them.

Curlies have been my favorite for quite a while.  No more curling irons in the mornings.  Light yaki became a favorite in January when I got my first one.

4. What is the most horrid texture that you have received? You absolutely hated it.
I would have to say yaki straight

5. Why did you hate it?
because the hair felt really hard, it tangled all the time but I liked the way the texture looked.

6. If someone gave you a lf and it was made in that dreadful texture would you wear it?
Absolutely.  I don't pass up anything for free, plus I now know that I can put a perm (Apple or Ogilivie) to change the texture to something lighter.
fungarl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fungarl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 1:54pm
My kinky straight from rex

Because it just looks soo natural and so far no tangling

1 months

A light yaki from xinyi

5. Why did you hate it?
it was too light- i need some hair with volume

Yep I would.. with the light yaki I permed it and now its a body wave unit
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 4:40pm
Virgin Indian Remy

The softness and manageability
About 2 months

I wouldn't say hate (too harsh of a word), but I don't prefer light yaki texture

5. Why did you hate it?
Since I fell in love with the virgin hair, the light yaki was too heavy for me.  My natural texture (when it is pressed or relax) is like virgin hair so I'd rather stay with virgin.

I would work it, just like in my avi right now I am wearing a light yaki unit!

Edited by Shonita24 - April 18 2008 at 4:43pm
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 4:54pm
African American relaxed texture

Realism.  Exactly what my hair looks like freshly relaxed.

about a year
European silky straight

5. Why did you hate it?
It doesn't do anything but lay there.  My caucasion family members are right.  They'd rather have my natural kinky-curly hair any day!

A free lace front?  You betasignbelieve it!! 
MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 4:57pm

KS w/ a mild relaxer

It just "fits" my complexion & face- reminds me of my hair  when I was younger- I knew it was perm time bc the straightening comb wasnt quite cutting it anymore

A month or so

silky indian indian remy.

5. Why did you hate it?
didnt "match" no matter how good the app the hair didnt look like it belonged with or to me

Now that I knowhow to work textures, I sure wouldn't look a gift lace front in the mouth

fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 7:17pm
Yaki

It's so natural, I love it! silky soft too, looks & acts like my hair only better. It's so quick & easy to maintain as well.

7 months

Nothing to date. Some do require more work though.

5. Why did you hate it?
N/A

Yes!  Free?!  I would work & rock it, thank you!
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

My favorite texture is light yaki....although I'm really starting to like silky straight.
Because it is easy to style and requires no flat ironing.

About 10 months.
I received a light yaki loaded with kinks and thick french lace that was impossible to blend.

5. Why did you hate it?
See above....

Damn right!  I would use an apple perm and make it curly or straighten is with an oglivie.

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

tight curly units and light yaki units are my favorites

They both look natural on me

tight curly has always been my favorite and I just fell in love with light yaki last month

yaki straight 

5. Why did you hate it?
it didn't look natural on me and it felt very coarse - I put an Ogilvie straightener on it to fix it though

Need you even ask ? Girl, I would pimp it out just the way I wanted it and rock it !

Thanks ladiesTongue.

Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 9:55pm
Kinky Straight

It's so natural, I love it! and plus it looks FABULOUS on me!

1 month

Haven't found one yet, i'm addicted...i love 'em all!!!!

5. Why did you hate it?

N/A

Yes! Yes! Of course....LOL

Edited by Heaven_lei - April 18 2008 at 9:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic