Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Hairline Throwdown....1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 7:02pm

After watching the girls on BHM for about a year, I think I finally got my apps down! Thanks you guys!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 7:02pm

After watching the girls on BHM for about a year, I think I finally got my apps down! Thanks you guys!!!

Edited by Countessrim - April 22 2008 at 7:11pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 7:31pm
work it ladies.. ClapClapClap
flawless1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flawless1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 8:42pm
Ladies all of these applications look great.  Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong your lace looks like actual scalp and mine looks like grids.  I have tried every part trick suggested.  I don't wear a wig cap because I have shaved my hair completely bald. Could it be that my knots are not bleached enough?  My application looks fine but if I try to create a part it looks very griddy.  Please help me ladies!!!
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:27pm
Countess: You are really workin' that part!  I LUV it. Thumbs%20Up 
What's the density of that unit and who was the vendor?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Thank you! But yours is way better! It's made by Holly Z and the density it Extra light, light-medium!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by flawless1 flawless1 wrote:

Ladies all of these applications look great.  Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong your lace looks like actual scalp and mine looks like grids.  I have tried every part trick suggested.  I don't wear a wig cap because I have shaved my hair completely bald. Could it be that my knots are not bleached enough?  My application looks fine but if I try to create a part it looks very griddy.  Please help me ladies!!!

Usually the ladies who are completely bald have the best apps. If you are seeing a grid it could either be:

1) the lace is the wrong color
2) the knots aren't bleached enough - if that the case try the Loreal Super Blond that SexiB recommends. There is also a bleach from Sally's that Breh recommends and other ladies have had great results with it but I don't remember the name of it. I would pm her to ask the name. 
3) if you have french lace you may want to try swiss because it's less detectable

Aside from those 3 things I'm not sure what would account for a visible grid on your scalp. HTH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Countessrim Countessrim wrote:

Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

Thank you! But yours is way better! It's made by Holly Z and the density it Extra light, light-medium!

Thanks, I just got a couple of units from Holly and I love them.
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:43pm
Wow ladies!!! These are some *really* impressive apps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by flawless1 flawless1 wrote:

This is gonna sound kinda strange, but I put ultahold on my part lol. I make a paste of it with my face podwer and spred along the part I normally use. I put the blow dryer to it so that it thickens up (when it turns into puddy, it hides the grids). And when it's dry, I dab a little more powder onto to it to get rid of the shinny look, and it looks just like skin indoors and out. I haven't tried it with other adhesives, but I think Mighty Tight, Secure, and maybe even spirit gum will give you the same results! However, I'm not sure how it would work on a bald head (I wear a wig cap) but it never hurts to try. I also use ultrahold for my apps (It's the only thing that sticks for me-even though others don't like it) But the key to making your lace invisible is making sure you have the right color and that the lace is cut back as far as possible!!! I mean all the way down to the bone lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:51pm
^^^^ That's VERY creative Countess. ^^^^ 
flawless1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flawless1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 10:20pm

Thank You Countess I will give this a try

NOT W8N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOT W8N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 10:53pm
countess- question - u put the glue putty on the wig cap and then put on the wig once its dry? i know u cant mean part the wig when its on and then do it? cause u'd have a sista up here putting glue all in her hair!
flawless1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flawless1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 12:40am
Thanks Curly I think it may be a combination of  1 & 2.  I will try to bleach the knots this weekend as well as dye the lace with rit dye!!!
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 10:00am
yall wurking it...I need to take some pics. How do yall post them on the thread like that?
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 10:10am
Everyones apps is the bomb. Get em girls!!!!!!!!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 10:21am

Wow, I am blown away by these app pics! You guys are talented!Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by NOT W8N NOT W8N wrote:

countess- question - u put the glue putty on the wig cap and then put on the wig once its dry? i know u cant mean part the wig when its on and then do it? cause u'd have a sista up here putting glue all in her hair!

I'm gonna make a seperate post with steps and pictures on how to do it cuz I don't wanna hi jack this thread!!!
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 4:51pm

Wow, Countessrim great pics

Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 7:28pm
                   HeartLoving all of the applicationsHeart
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic