Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How does she do this?? Grrrrr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
somer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How does she do this?? Grrrrr
    Posted: April 21 2008 at 1:44pm

I know I have created a thread on this before but I am so frustrated..

This girl has short hair like me..

Yet she manages to create this look below with clip ins.. (watch the catwalk video as you get to see the back)

How does she do it?? I have tried playing about with my clips ins and Jess Simpson piece and just cant seem to achieve it.  I dont know what sections she pins and where Confused
Quadratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quadratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 3:33pm
How clever  Smile   See that braid that goes horizontally across? That's basically a track (braided/cornrowed hair that people usually sew wefts onto and cover up). Instead, they made the track part of the style and it looks like the extension weft is attached underneath. An overbraid.

As for specific braiding technique? Looks like low pigtail style braids. One coming from each side, but instead of 3 strands, looks like only 2, to get more of a looser bohemian look. Then attached at the middle back of the head. Finished with hairspray to keep loose shorter hairs from falling out of the braid. Then can attach clip ons/wefts to hair underneath

Edited by Quadratic - April 21 2008 at 6:28pm
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 6:15pm
It doesn't look to complicated to me, she must have most of the wefts lower on the sides, and lower on the back. Easy to camouflage.
Probably one short weft -maybe a double one?- on each side, probably 3-4 inches long, and I am guessing 3 to 4 wefts -or clip ins- on the back, ranging from 8 to 6 inches, my guess.
Her extensions are pretty trimmed, and the length is quite short (around 16 inches I guess), which helps make it look natural. The curls are a plus too when it comes to blending.
The color looks like a 22-24 to me.
How much hair do you have with the Jessica Simpson kit? How long are the pieces?
somer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 5:07am
Hey :) - Im just so bad at styling, I have been trying to work it our for ages..

The Jessica Simpson piece is 22inch but to be honest I normally wear 14 inch bohyme clip ins and the JS hairdo falls at the same length.

I have ordered an EasyDo from Yourhairshop in 18inch and it is at the Post Office just now awaiting collection. So I am going to try it to get this look..

So If I twist the side sections from each side into a braid do I just secure them with kirby grips in the middle and how do I get my top layer to blend like hers!!..I dont know why I find this so confusing Embarrassed
somer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 5:08am
Oh and the Easy Do is 4 oz :)
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 7:55am

If you want to save money, just make your own clipins, you can buy the clips and sew them to bohyme handtied wefts for ex.

somer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 10:47am
Thanks frenchie :)  Yea I have a set of clips ins that I have made myself, I have been wearing clip ins for years - The Hairdo/EasyDo is just so much easier :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic